[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/, Califaggoot here, (yes it does hurt to live). Been looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
Sup /k/, Califaggoot here, (yes it does hurt to live).
Been looking for a new rifle in 7.62x39 and narrowed it down to Cz. 527 and Mini 30, both are a bit pricey. CZ seems to be cheaper but semi auto seems to be more 'fun'.
I already have a 10/22 and she is fun as hell, but think I should get another gun.

What do?

Any suggestions? I guess thread can be about purchase discussion too if you have anything in mind.
>>
>>28399244
Read a lot of stories of the Mini-30 having an abnormal number of light primer strikes when using the cheap stuff.

No idea about the CZ, except that they have a reputation for accuracy.
>>
>>28399252
I heard CZ can eat any ammo up while Mini30 may be a bit picky if go near the cheap stuff too.

Not sure if thats old or fairy new.
>>
>>28399244
Why not get an AR like a normal human bean? Even if you need to get the ARES SCR lower.
>>
>>28399266
>Why not get an AR
I don't want to an AR that has to suffer anon.

>ARES SCR
Wait is that out yet?
How much is that?
>>
>>28399279
>I don't want to an AR that has to suffer anon
I'm actually curious why people are this stupid. Like, people realize nothing on a Cali AR, in order to meet the legal requirements, is permanent right? You guys never do any kind of research?

>Wait is that out yet?
Oh, guess you don't.
>>
>>28399281
I haven't heard anything about besides being a 'game changer' dont see it on the racks or local gun store webpage.
>>
>>28399252
How about new mini 14/30, they have this problem?
>>
>>28399295
You know you can buy online right?
>>
>>28399322
OP here, I rather get an AR in 223.
>>
>>28399319
No idea. Seems like an easy problem to fix, in theory. Just replace the hammer spring with a heavier one. I know SOMEONE makes them.
>>
>>28399341
And? Why don't you get that then lol.
>>
>>28399354
cuz I want a Seven sixty two point thirty nine.
>>
>>28399244
Whats better for prepping?

CZ or ranch rifle?
>>
>>28399407
CZ
>>
>>28399423
ranch isn't a all-rounder?
>>
>>28399663
Ranch is subpar in all categories.
>>
>>28399244
Bro, I live in a country where semi-autos are banned. Trust me, get the semi-auto.

As for light primer strikes, can't you get a stronger hammer spring?
>>
>>28399700
Cost about 50 USD.

You could get bolt action and make a mini obrez
>>
>>28399833
No i cant because cutting down a rifle to turn it into a pistol is a bullshit offense unless i get a letter from the funblock commissioner of police to sign off on it. I already have a nugget and i like it already, no need to obrez it.
>>
>>28399860
Get Cz 527 mini nugget and obrez it.
>>
File: Simonov-SKS-45.jpg (251 KB, 3000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Simonov-SKS-45.jpg
251 KB, 3000x1000
>Been looking for a new rifle in 7.62x39 and narrowed it down to (NOT SKS) and (NOT SKS),

There seems to be a problem with your ability to think OP.
>>
File: image_43.jpg (4 MB, 3264x1383) Image search: [Google]
image_43.jpg
4 MB, 3264x1383
>>28400227
>>
>>28400227
I try to buy local, shit is a bit rare.

Honestly if I can i will.

>>28399700
I just remembered I'm left eye Dominant but right handed, never thought about working the bolt.

When I pretend to work mosin bolt it's right eyed with right hand,feels natural. But actually aiming with left doesn't neither does working bolt with left.
>>
>>28400227
How accurate are they?
>>
File: image.jpg (345 KB, 2207x820) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345 KB, 2207x820
>>28400396
If I can get it like pic related, yes
>>
>>28400548
Considering that's a photoshop and impossible, you're shit out of luck.
>>
>>28400705
Its not photoshopped
>>
>>28400705
>impossible
>implying metalworking tools don't exist
ISHYGDDT
>>
>>28400705
Is it photoshopped?
http://youtu.be/I3PFI2aBrhY

SKS eat ammo like candy right?
>>
>>28400728
>>28400735
The real version of that has a longer barrel and gastube length, made from a Norinco paratrooper. Shorter than normal, but the actual photo of that isn't that short.
>>28400755
I guess it's not impossible, but with a gastube that short you'll need some trickery.

Think about it, how many SBR'd SKSs have you seen other than this video and that photo?
>>
>>28400227
SKS, is it sturdy? How often do you clean it?

I know slash k slash thing, and it's fairly cheap half of the OP pic prices. How good is it?
>>
>>28400227
Why SKS?
>>
>>28401861
>confirmed not knowing the rush of owning an SKS.
>never fondling the trigger or having that rush when it slamfires doen range,
you dont even know how good it feels to own one
>>
>>28401902
Besides rush, why?

They bomb proof? Accurate? The mosin in semi autos?
>>
>>28399279
http://www.thordsencustoms.com/frs-15-enhanced-stock-kit-black/

You can use a normal mag release and any aftermarket trigger you want if you use the above so long as you mount a brake instead of a flash hider you can go totally featureless and not have a muzzle device, but a brake is something we can have that New Yorkers can't, so why not flaunt it.

If you really want a flash hider fore grips and pistol grip and adjustable stock, then bullet button AR-15 is the way to go.
>>
>>28399279
http://www.thordsencustoms.com/frs-15-enhanced-stock-kit-black/
>>
>>28402134
its supposed to be the mosin of semiautos but in ca an sks is only 100 bucks cheaper than a parkskit ar

theres no damn point
>>
>>28399279
>>
>>28403036
>$100

What's the point then, you guys are limited on what kind of SKS too right?

Geez California is suffering...

How much do AK/Saiga go for?
>>
>>28403064
Rad locks are nice. Gives you deniability if some fudd goes around asking about bullet buttons, but gives you a regular mag release for the 364 days out of the year when no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>28403064
This shouldn't exist in the first place. No guns should not make laws.
>>
>>28403068
exactly fuck paying 400 bucks + another 100 in fees/taxes for a beat to shit sks

base price would be 600 before everything broadly 7-8 out the door
if you want a rough idea of ca gun prices go to atlantic arms take the price add 200 bucks to it this covers shipping double tax fees and ffl transfer

that 200 overprice is low plenty of gunshops will gouge harder and atlantic isnt even the cheapest store to begin with

the only sks not cali legal are the norinco detachable mag sks d/m which are named assault weapons and yugos cause of the nade launcher you can still get yugos but they are modified
>>
File: Bullet Button For AK.jpg (22 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Bullet Button For AK.jpg
22 KB, 800x600
>>28399279
>>
>>28399279
Looks weird but feels fine, though my friend had an ACE Skeleton stock with that comfy foam on the tube.
>>
>>28399341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zPHac8Vvi4
>>
>>28403109
Well in response to your first sentence...it's either that and let the anti gun lobby win by us not buying AR-15's or AKM's, bullet buttons or featureless options let us tell corrupt head in the clouds (or more likely in the ass) politicians that we are smarter then they are and tell them to fuck off.

In response to your second sentence...uh, mate, did you just suffer a stroke? Can you give me a smile...shit, I think we need to call 911!
>>
>>28403134
So buying SKS is just as pricey as getting a mini 30 or cuz 527?

What the is this place?
>>
>>28403207
Nogunz*
>>
>>28403250
no cause those guns are also 200 bucks overpriced
welcome to california
>>
>>28403276
Are you saying you don't have guns or are you a trying to imply he doesn't have guns, but you fail at typing?
>>
>>28403308
Nogunz should not make laws.
>>
>>28403290
I hate this state.
I woke up sick now I feel worse...
I just want to be happy.
>>
>>28403377
its like this in other states paying msrp is is getting ripped off in cali only being buttfucked for msrp is a deal
>>
>>28403134
But SKS are like a tank, they're reliable right?
>>
>>28399244
I'm starting to get a vibe that a lot of these "I'm a Californian and need advice on what gun I can get" threads are just troll threads, because there are two kinds of Californian Gun owners

1) The guys who only buy what's on the shelf at a sporting goods store or big box store and maybe pawn shops, and doesn't go to 'real' gun shops or buy online so they just have fudd Mini-13's or 30's

2) Guys who go to real gun shops or buy online and are aware of all the gun ever changing gun laws and work around like a damn lawyer and always buy tactical or off roster guns to point a middle finger to the system and have SCAR17's and other rifles or pistols that many out of state flyover types or other California gun owners thought they could never have. (Hell most people can't believe I have an MK-18)

If you are really into guns and have more than three, then your a number 2 kind of Californian Gun owner and know all the laws and regulations of this year and next year and would never ask these kinds of newfag questions out of professional pride.

So I feel that these threads are just troll threads because we have had multiple California threads and the best answers are always posted.

If your serious about buying a gun in such a highly anti gun state (at least social media portrayal, but in truth theirs a rifle under every blade of grass here) then you would have done your homework or you'd be a lazy bitch and bought what was at your local Big 5, Turners or Bass Pro Shops.
>>
>>28403360
Oh okay, because for a minute there I thought you were implying guns have gain sentience and are now holding seats of government and writing laws.
>>
File: cz.jpg (74 KB, 1498x256) Image search: [Google]
cz.jpg
74 KB, 1498x256
>>28399264

Get the Mini-14 instead. The Mini 30 is known to not like cheaper steel-cased ammo (which is the allure to guns that shoot 7.62x39 in the first place).

Never owned a Mini-30 myself, so don't take this advice to heart, but it's what I heard from others. Nevertheless, it's still a shame that Ruger is refusing to make this STANAG compatible in order to sell their overpriced magazines.

CZ 527 is a solid and fun gun, but I'm planning on getting the CZ 527 FS in .223 instead to be ammo-interchangeable with my Mini-14. The full stock looks secksy and it is only a few dozen dollarydoos more than the CZ 527 in 7.62.

I live in NY... I researched all of those guns you are interested in as well so we can talk more if you want.
>>
>>28403452
>>28399264

Sorry meant to reply to OP
>>
>>28403426
honestly ca gun nuts are the nuttitiest gun nuts cause they are willing to put up with ca shit and usually have money
if you ask a regular shooter how many guns he has its going to be a minimum of 5 probably more
this is ignoring the people who buy a gun and dont shoot it
sure your outnumbered by anti guns but every single gun owner in ca wants more
>>
>>28403426
>mini 13
Fuck off.
>>
>>28403452
Thank you friend. Ah dang mini-30 are a bit stingy on ammo? Shame.
>>
>>28403491

Just remember that the Mini-30 was made on an idea similar to this:

"Hey guys, the Mini 14 was alright, wanna see if we can modify it to shoot a 7.62x39?"

Also, my pic above was of a CZ 550 FS. Wrong pic.
>>
>>28403547
Semis are fun tho, eh my local shop has a AK pistol Draco I think, I forgot the price on it. hope it's still there.

Yeah I just want a cheap ammo and fun gun. Already have a 10/22.
>>
>>28399266
>wants 7.62x39
>suggests AR
>normal person
Dog you are retarded.
OP just get a fucking Saiga and convert it if you move to a free state
>>
>>28403636
Same price as an SKS.
>>
>>28403716
I just looked and realized that I completely forgot Saigas are no longer imported. God damn I hate California. At least I'm just stationed there so I can go home on leave and get dangerous guns not on the approved list and play with my super dangerous assault Simonov Killing System
>>
>>28403815
....I hate the state.
>>
>>28403900
This.
>>
>>28400227
Came here to say this. Just get a fucking sks in commiefornia.
>>
>>28403426
>REAL gun shop

????
>>
>>28405181
Sporting goods store may sell guns, but they are not gun shops just dedicated to firearms, firearms accessories and other such things.

Try asking a big box or small box employee questions about guns and your liable to get an "I don't know" or fudd or /v/ gun lore/opinions.

Also dedicated gun stores have better selection, able to do lay away or special order a rifle from the distributor, where as sporting goods store employees or managers are leery about making special orders and it's basically just buy whats on the shelf which is usually just mossberg, ruger and maybe a .22lr AR-15 or other assault rifle looking guns but are just .22lr.

Hell, the Big 5 down the street from me has more air soft guns than real guns and the real guns are just .22lr semi autos or bolt actions even when it comes to the moss berg shotguns, it's just the 500's not the 590A1's

maybe a surplus mosin or two.
>>
>>28405558
Also out of the three Big 5's in my area, none of them sell pistols/revolver/handguns.

Turner's is better with handguns but their rifles are still 3/4's geared towards deer hunting. and at the vary end of the gun rack is a DPMS, Colt or Delton AR-15 carbine and used to be Saiga's
>>
>>28399244
magazines for the mini-30 seem like a bitch to get

like almost non-existant

i'd go with the CZ, if you are set on getting a 7.62x39.
>>
>>28400227

This. Get an SKS. Norincos can still be had for under $400 and are amazing firearms.

>>28400492

Shot a 1.5in group offhand at 100m with mine today.

>>28401334

The sturdiest. Simple operation, simple to break down. I really only clean the shit out of mine if I've been shooting corrosive junk.

It beats all of the AKs I've had in terms of accuracy and reliability.

If you want a semi-auto in 7.62x39, this is a winner.
>>
>>28403426
You are right on both counts.

And, I think most of the threads on here are troll threads posted by little kids. Who are too lazy to do the minimal amount of research to troll properly.
>>
>>28405558
well wowee gee pardon my realistic budget

i dont think any of my local big 5s carry any real firearms

>Try asking a big box or small box employee questions about guns and your liable to get an "I don't know" or fudd or /v/ gun lore/opinions
in my limited californian experience i dont see any reasonable middle ground between this and elitist expensive irrelevant opinions

t. a semi salty califag
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.