[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
German super tanks are slow, why did they expect them to be on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: xurqRPg.png (63 KB, 542x242) Image search: [Google]
xurqRPg.png
63 KB, 542x242
German super tanks are slow, why did they expect them to be on the frontline? Surely if your doing bizkreig then the better option would be to use them as artillery.

Its super heavy, which means it could be fired without recoil because of its own sheer weight and probably be fired on the move then.
>>
>bizkreig

Go away.
>>
>>28399136
Nah, I think we like this thread. Its part of Germany now.
>>
>>28399127

They were supposed to be used to smash through Soviet lines and allow infantry and other lighter tanks to pour in through the gap. Then fan out and encircle Soviet armies. The concept is just ridiculous really, the resources used to create these monsters would have been far better spent building more Tigers or Panthers.
>>
>>28399127

Germany's tanks were over-engineered, expensive, had low mobility, and constantly broke down.
>>
>>28399479

memes
>>
>Hitler was a retard
>wasted large amounts of resources on wonder weapons that did nothing
>third Reich continued to use Panzers and Stugs as the mainstay of their war effort

It's not rocket science, although that is one of the ways Hitler pissed away money.
>>
>>28399482

>Implying it's not true.
>>
>>28399490

I still find it hilarious that the V2 program cost more than the entire Manhattan Project.
>>
They weren't a serious idea. They are from the same mind that brought us such gems as the land cruiser Ratte. Basically Germany was losing the war from 1942 onward and Hitler was getting desperate, so he was spitballing whatever fantastical idea came to him. It would be like the sort of teenager who makes mech threads and says "we could win any war if only we had these", except before mechs were a thing and the if teenager was a fascist head of state.
>>
>>28399499
I don't mind that, without that investment we would have never landed on the moon.
>>
>>28399531

Yeah, but for its intended use as a military weapon ,it was a complete failure.
>>
>>28399127
>Its super heavy, which means it could be fired without recoil because of its own sheer weight and probably be fired on the move then.
What is this I don't even.
>>
>>28399127
>why did they expect them to be on the frontline?
Its not that hard when the frontline constantly moves towards the tank.
>>
File: awshitnigga.jpg (100 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
awshitnigga.jpg
100 KB, 1058x705
>Führer, we need a new tank
>I have a proposal
>"Make it bigger"
>"And give it a larger gun"
>repeat
>Maus is born

As much as i love the looks of it, the Maus is an abomination and should never have been designed.

Pic somewhat related.
>>
Even if Mien Fuhrer did have at least one fully combat ready Maus all could have really done with it was stick it outside the Reichstag/his bunker and tell the Russians to suck his dick, it still wouldn't have helped much but it'd make a great epic battle finale for the Third Reich.
>>
>>28399479
On a case by case basis
>>
>>28399127
They weren't doing lightning strikes after 44 and they were pretty scarce even then. They were in full on fighting retreat after 43.
>>
>>28399127

Didn't most countries design them as "break through" vehicles?

I saw something about tank doctrine at the time. The super heavy punches a hole in the enemy lines with heavy armor and heavy hitting HE rounds. Then fast tanks pour in through the hole and exploit flanks.

Or something like that. It ended up being a shit idea because WW2 wasn't as static as WW1
>>
>>28399531
Yeah because technology could not possibly have advanced without it.
>>
>>28399515
>It would be like the sort of teenager who makes mech threads and says "we could win any war if only we had these", except before mechs were a thing and the if teenager was a fascist head of state.

Sounds like an anime, someone call up Gonzo or Trigger.
>>
>>28399594
>t. Ferdinand Porsche
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.