[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why hasn't anyone made a modern version of this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: Lemat%20Carbine%20FR1[1].jpg (360 KB, 952x285) Image search: [Google]
Lemat%20Carbine%20FR1[1].jpg
360 KB, 952x285
why hasn't anyone made a modern version of this?
>>
It's a firearm that sets fire to your arm
>>
cylinder gap gas babies
>>
>>28398947
because revolving rifles have the problem of gas escaping from the cylinder gap which would burn your arm if you held it by the fore end, so the're pretty much impractical and became obsolete as soon as other repeating rifles were invented. with modern revolving rifles its possible to have deflectors that shield your arm from the hot gas (for example: rossi circuit judge) but with a black powder percussion revolver the risk of a chainfire would be too great.
>>
File: circuit_judge_lever_1-tfb[1].jpg (33 KB, 769x450) Image search: [Google]
circuit_judge_lever_1-tfb[1].jpg
33 KB, 769x450
>>28398957
>>28398956
>>28398954
you guys never heard of a circuit judge?
go to around 2:15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUmOaaZW1E
>>
>>28398957
It could always use necked bullets to form a gas seal like the hand nugget does.
>>
>>28398957
>for example: rossi circuit judge
woops, didn't read your whole post. I recon you've heard of it.
but I meant a modern version as in something like a lemat carbine that used cartridges instead of cap and ball.
>>
File: proxy[1].jpg (143 KB, 1200x748) Image search: [Google]
proxy[1].jpg
143 KB, 1200x748
>>
>>28398956
I have always wondered. Could you just put a plate on the side of it? or would that just cause it to come right back at you?
>>
>>28399017
you can, and it works. see the rossi circuit judge.
>>
>>28399021
ah neat never knew it had them.
>>
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 1154x1154) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 1154x1154
Like this?
>>
>>28399094
it's a lemat carbine. 9 shot revolver carbine with a smooth bore shotgun barrel in place of the center pin.
>>
>>28398957
Why not just use the same system that the Nagant uses?
>>
>>28399296
because the way the Nagant works effectively requires it to have a garbage trigger AND fire unique rounds with jackets that extend beyond the nose of the bullet
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.