[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good (or just par) ranges in New York?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: god fucking damn it Cuomo.jpg (593 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
god fucking damn it Cuomo.jpg
593 KB, 1200x1600
So my old shooting spot just got sold. I shot my first gun there, and many after that. So where do I go now? I just bought and sks and I can't find any outdoor ranges for rifles! I'm not looking to join a club, I just don't want to contribute a day out of my week just so I can go shooting a few times a month. Most of my friends don't shoot very often and I don't know anyone in a club, so I don't have a connection. I don't want to go somewhere to make friends, I just wanna feed my god damn funs! All I want is a bench to shoot my sks without having to get on my knee and pray to bubba. Is there anywhere I can go?

Where does the poor oppressed New York /k/ go shooting?
>>
Well, I live on the island so unless you're stuck on it with me I can't help ya. I go to Calverton.
>>
Where in NY? It's not exactly a small state
>>
>>28398725
Albany.
>>
>>28398782
Drive over to Vermont :^)
>>
>>28398782
http://nyfirearms.com/forums/shooting-ranges/25793-place-shoot-near-albany.html
>>
>>28398790
Once I get the fuck out of college I'll either be going to there or New Hampshire. Looking for freedom.
>>
>>28398826
I'll be following you there once I have the means. Two beautiful states.
>>
>>28398792
Basically "oh I can reference you huehuehue"
See:
>All I want is a bench to shoot my sks without having to get on my knee and pray to bubba.
Has anyone gone to American Tactical Systems?
>>
>>28398868
I live near ats, they're rules look shitty and its owned by the same bald asshole that runs b&j guns on central ave. It's one of those stores where you need to be dressed well to get service. Working class blue jeans need not apply. Personally, I do everything I can to avoid that guy and his companies. ATS refuses to sell .22lr if your not a member btw. They get really snippy if you ask.

I have a couple stories about these guys but i'll leave it at that they should be avoided.

You can just go shoot deep innastateland. Check out the dec's website for public access woods. I lucked out and have a family connection to shoot on private land near barbersville. I've used to be a part of nassau sportsmen club, about 25 min outside of albany, but its a fudd drinking club. The shotgun sport guys are great but the rifle/pistol range people are awful. Same with the watervliet rod and gun club.
>>
>>28398782

American Tactical Systems in Green Island has an indoor pistol/22LR range. Our regular range membership is with the Stillwater Rod & Gun Club. I've also been at the Brunswick Rod & Gun Club several times and their facility seems pretty nice.
>>
>>28401985

>It's one of those stores where you need to be dressed well to get service.

You are just making shit up. I'm never well-dressed when I'm working on the weekends and that is generally when I stop by. Maybe try to shower or shave that neckbeard every once in a while?

>ATS refuses to sell .22lr if your not a member btw. They get really snippy if you ask.

They haven't had much in stock lately. People are always asking. What do you expect?

I've made multiple purchases there and their prices are decent and the service has been pretty good. Sometimes it takes a while to get out of there because they get busy. Only con I've really noticed.
>>
>>28402102
Are you saying that stereotype is made up? Cause it is exactly what happens with that guy. I went in asking for 7.62x54r around 6pm one night. I couldn't find it so I asked him. He told me he didn't have any, so I asked if he knew of anyplace still open that might have it. He said I should try one of his stores in vermont when they open in the morning; they were closed so he couldn't call them. As I was leaving, a customer the bald dude had just sold a rifle to asked me if it was .308, before I could say anything the bald guy snapped that its "54R cause it's russian" with an attitude. The customer told me to try the ammo shop in the plaza just down the street. I didn't know about that store. I went in and the owner was really friendly talkative and had a decent price on my nugget chow. I signed up for his free reloading class and left happy.

I understand not trying to give away business but it's a trade off because it means being dick. If it makes him more money, it's the way he is going to do things. But personally, it is an annoyance to do business with people like that so I choose not to and recommend the same to others. Thats how a free market is supposed to work.
>>
>>28398642
http://wheretoshoot.org/index2.cfm
>>
>>28398642
This is a place that was opened up by one of our own kommandos.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.