[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SxS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: guncloseup1of1.jpg (71 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
guncloseup1of1.jpg
71 KB, 800x533
>Best SxS shotgun under $1,000?

I'm looking for a good "field" double 12g, full length (26"-28" barrels), internal hammers, interchangeable chokes and straight or p.o.w. grip.

I currently like the CZ Bobwhite but I'm open to other suggestions.
>>
I would like to know this too.
>>
Frankly, it's either the CZ or getting a good deal on a used shottie on consignment. Which I did. The shotgun in your OP pic is a Sauer Royal. I bought mine for $600 in a hock shop in Silicon Valley as a 30th Bday present to myself.

There *are* those big clubby EA imports, but I don't think they would make you happy. The CZ looks like a nice trim old-fashioned gun with all the features you are looking for.
>>
What makes one SxS perform better than another?
>>
>>28398121
Thats like saying which over/under preforms better. At a certain point you are just buying prestige.
>>
>>28398121
Once you get beyond basic reliability and mechanical features, it's mostly about balance and how it fits you.

Since you don't "aim" shotguns, it's important that they fit you like a glove so that they point as naturally as you point your finger. You also want them to have the correct center of balance so that they can be raised and pointed quickly, but still be front-heavy enough to swing smoothly like a pendulum.
>>
>>28398121
Small feature differences, applies to O/Us as well.
Parts and accessories availability too, I think. For example, I can't find extra barrels on sale for my Maverick Hunter, it also has a pendulum safety on it, and no ejectors, naming a few cons. On the plus side, manual safety is just that, manual, complex parts or lack thereof maybe a pro as it has fewer things prone to failure, breaks down into 3 major assemblies for a somewhat compact package, and features screw-in modular chokes.

>>28398169
>>28398179
These guys are also right. Figure out your likes and dislikes, find what fits you, look at prices carefully too. I also cannot stress enough, WATCH REVIEWS ON YOUTUBE, they can be a great decision-making asset to you.
>>
>>28397813
baikal, aya
>>
>>28399766
yank plebs cant get the solid deals we get on ayas and baikals mate
>>
I just bought a 1924 nitro special with 2 3/4 inch chambers and no wiggle in the barrel for 225 at a gunshow. Now I understand the whole anthromorphic gun thing
>>
Stevens/savage 311 or Fox model B
>made in USA
>built like a brick shithouse
>not terribly hard to find
>most can be had for around $200 and even pristine guns only go for $4-500
>>
File: IMG_20160102_140154364.jpg (4 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160102_140154364.jpg
4 MB, 4160x2340
>>28401716
Forgot my pic
>>
Should I get a 26" or 28" gun? I'd like the idea of a shorter barrel but will I lose any noticeable performance vs a 28"?

It'll mostly be used for non-serious clays and upland birds.
>>
>>28402215
There will be almost no difference in muzzle velocity (less than 50fps), though the shorter sight plane will give the impression of having a greater lead.
>>
>>28401716
>>28401761
This. In my eyes I can't see a reason to spend more than $500 on a double barreled shotgun unless you're really into trap shooting or are a collector. Hell, you should try to find one for what >>28401716 did. They're supposed to be cheap and reliable, not an investment.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.