[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone just offered me this Lorcin 380 for $250. I've heard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 300px-LorcinL380.jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
300px-LorcinL380.jpg
16 KB, 300x225
Someone just offered me this Lorcin 380 for $250. I've heard a lot of bad things about this gun before. Does anyone have personal experiences with this? Can I fix the double feed issues it apparently has? Is it easy to tear down? Or should I really just completely avoid it?

I figure it's only $250 so wouldn't matter anyways and I'd only be adding experience by trying it out. Thoughts?
>>
>>28397623
I have a bryco .380. Same ergonomics, same quality. It shoots, gives you slide bite because it's for midget hands, and it doesn't always like hollow points. I got mine for 110 back before shooting theaters and schools was hip and kids didn't visibly identify as retards.

It's meh.
>>
>>28397623

>Lorcin 380
>$250

Why do I feel that this gun probably has some criminal history behind it?
>>
>>28397623
spend that money on a bersa. you wont have any problems with it.
>>
>>28397705
Ha, good way to put it. I'm not a huge fan of the .380 but am kinda teetering on buying it just because. Might talk him down on the price.

I figured it would be "meh" for that price anyways.
>>
>>28397623
at $250 that's a massive ripoff. $75-$100 is a more reasonable rate for a used ring of fire gun
>>
That's about $100 more than it is worth. If you are willing to spend $250 on a potential turd than spend a little more on known quality. Get a bersa at the very least. Or just step up to the $400 range and get one of the main brand poly wonders (Glock, M&P, Beretta or ever Ruger).
>>
$150 if it's almost perfect condition. For $250, you could get a bersa. Cobra, Bryco Jennings, Lorcin, and a few others are some of the worst guns available in every sense.

I'd hang onto the money. Hell, even for the $150 you could get a hi point in .380, and not worry about the slide being pot metal, and it actually work without slide bite.

If you're absolutely intent on getting one of the retardedly cheap guns, look into a Taurus tcp or a Jiminez .380. The latter is about $160 new, and although it feels like a toy, it's not quite as bad as the other Saturday night specials.
>>
>>28397623
They sell for $50-75 at gun shows.
>>
File: 1442646555596.jpg (84 KB, 427x474) Image search: [Google]
1442646555596.jpg
84 KB, 427x474
>>28397623
I never thought i would ever say the following sentence.

A hi-point would be a massively better buy.
>>
No fucking way dude, I have owned it and it is crap. I was able to work with it but it's awkward AF. Also, 250$? Who the hell is the guy trying to rip you off! Tell him to bring it down to 75 and maybe just get it for the lolz
>>
>>28397623

That is a terrible price for a terrible gun. you should stop contacting this person as soon as possible because they are trying to exploit you.
>>
>>28397623
holy shit nigger I bought a fucking Shield for $290 brand new and you are considering that peice of shit for $250?!
>>
How expensive is .380?
>>
>>28397927
95 gr magtech from midway is 30 cents a round for their cheapest.
>>
>>28397927
Not like it was from like 2008-2013 or so. I remember some guy trying to sell me a box of factory reloaded round nose .380 ammunition for like $25 back then, and insisting if I could find .380, it wouldn't be that cheap.

I can find $15 per 50 of S&B, WWB, PMC, and a few others. $17 at the high end. 9mm is usually around $12-15 at these places.

Some people think that this is cost prohibitive, but unless you just shoot a fuckton or are poor, it's not unreasonable.

Tl:dr like .27-.30 a round, if you know where to look, and aren't picky.
>>
>>28397716
I'm pretty sure Lorcin is cheap anyways, isn't it? idk, I've never personally bought one.
>>
>>28397927
More expensive than 9mm now.
>>
>>28397623
>lorcin
>$250

Why the FUCK did you even make a thread considering such a stupid fucking choice? I'm just going to call you a reply hungry troll in honest hopes that you're not this retarded.
>>
>>28397899
I figured. Most private sellers are just trying to get rid of shitty guns for a markup price...

>>28397914
I know little about them. That's why I was asking. So far the general consensus points to a big fucking no. So I passed.
>>
>>28397980
Was there ever a time it was cheaper?
Honestly, I'm enjoying it along with the cheap gas right now. Ammo is cheap and plentiful, and I am a happy camper.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.