[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have been appointed military minister of a newly formed African
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 480x316) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 480x316
You have been appointed military minister of a newly formed African junta. You have a 60 million dollar budget and the military is absolutely essential to this states existence.

What armoured vehicles do you purchase? Helicopters, planes, rifle, armour, explosives, what would you buy keeping in mind the budget. Well, /k/ommando?
>>
Well that depends: who are my enemies? Am I fighting Al Shabab? Neighboring militaries? Kony?
>>
>60 million
Well, it is africa.
F-5 tigers
A-4 skyhawks
Fixed stock ak-103 variants
Civi helicopters with nig rigged dropping grenade scrotums
No armor
Rpg-7 with semi modern warheads
>>
>>28395836

It's Africa man. Islamic militants are a threat. Neighbouring countries are a threat. Revolutionaries are a threat. Everything is a threat.

>>28395861

I like the nig rigged heli idea, I imagine it would be used to take down many targets lumped together at once being most effective in rainforest and bush yes?
>>
>>28395802
Fuck em. Take the money and dissappear.
>>
>>28395893

>Assuming that Nigeria, Angola, the Congo, Sudan, and Zimbabwe have the same military concerns

Confirmed for knowing nothing about African geopolitics. This shouldn't surprise me.
>>
>>28395974

I agree, I should of added this in the original post. Fine then if you can't play the game maybe I shall help you faggot. A west African nation where tensions between Muslims and Christians are high, thick deciduous forests and savanna grasslands. Neighbouring countries are having problems with unruly rebels that could at any time cross into your borders to take resources. Can you answer me now faggot?
>>
>>28395893
Train the military in guerrilla warfare. Purchase extensive amounts of long-range artillery and mobile anti-aircraft missile platforms.
>>
Hinds, Fishbeds, T-54s and a very large number of AKs.

My main priority would be developing well trained, professional infantry and gendarmerie for domestic security.

For the "well trained" aspect, I'd want modern military schools with imported foreign cadres.

I want to either train or import large amounts of trained armored, aviation, and infantry. It will likely be cheaper to hire foreign pilots than try to train my own fighter jocks out in Africa.

Needless to say, a very large amount of training for troops would be "don't shoot noncombatants" because humans naturally do that in stressful situations, and that shit is terrible for COIN.
>>
>>28395802
Used MD-500's, 5 x 600,000USD.
Another 3,000,000USD to nigger rig them to fire S-5 rockets. 6M

Used Cessna's, 10 x 250,000USD,
2,500,000USD to arm them with rockets and/or MG's. 5M

Used Rooikat/Ratel as Infantry support/transport, recon, tank destroyer etc. Different variants.

Rooikat AFV, 30 x 280,000USD, 8,4M
Ratel IFV 50 x 240,000USD, 12M
20,4M

12,000,000 to aquire AK-74's w/ GP-25,PKM's, RPG-7's, RPG-29's and/or Sov/Rus ATGM's, SVD's, Strela's. Focus on arming every soldier with an AK. Stelas bought if enough money left. RPG's with semi-modern warheads to defeat nigger-tier tanks.

6,600.000USD to buy Ural's or similiar trucks to be used as troop transports. Few flatbed variants and ZU-23's mounted on them.

5,000,000USD to buy a limited amount of KORD's, Mortars, few 155mm artillery pieces.

I dunno, 5,000,000USD for logistics and ammo?

I lack artillery, but you can't buy shit with 60M dollars. How did I do?
>>
>>28396589
I don't lack artillery. Sorry. Added the 155mm guns into the list later. Was also thinking of getting Fox ARV's but passed on it.
>>
>>28395802

>$10 million worth of cheapest semi-working SKS carbines I can buy. Bayonet most important working component.
>$10 million worth of 7.62x39
>$2000 of glittery pogs (will issue as magic bullet proof charms)
>$20 million worth of Khat.
>$5 million in bribes to military leaders under me to stage coup and become total ruler.
>Keep the rest in my Swiss bank accounts.

You guys priorities are fucked. No point spending money on decent equipment, it's never going to be stolen/improperly maintained/used against you in future coups. Keep everyone poor, give them shit weapons, give them lots of Khat, win at Africa.
>>
>>28396589
I think you'd be better buying combloc military equipment rather than nigger rigging civilian airframes.

You can get Mi-24s and Mig-21s for less than MD-500s and Cessnas.

Also, buy some VBLs or something else that can take a mine.

A lot of African warfare involves niggers burying mines on known lines of communication.
>>
>>28396589

Nice solid 9/10 could put down Islamists and neighbouring threats
>>
>>28396058

My first move would be a coup de tat against the President. Why? Because that shit bag controls all the money and is probably pocketing a substantial portion of the treasury. I'd crown myself like Napoleon then begin building.

I need an air force then as a deterrent and to put a stop to any significant force projection across the savanna. If I can convince the Chinese to invest in the country's resources I can get them to provide us with cheap aircraft.

We will obviously need to train up a Gendarmerie force in order to deal with rebels in the event that the cross the border. The Gendermerie were some of the most effective fighters in Rwandan and Congelese wars in this role. This should also allow us to deal more easily with domestic tensions.

As to the infantry, I'm going to actively try and recruit hardened vets from the decades of war proceeding today. Congolese vets, Somali vets, men who are still young but with over a decade of experience. Particularly I'd need to train up assault troops and light infantry capable of rucking through thick bush and hitting positions hard. Snipers would be an important force multiplier in thick jungle because a single sniper can pin down an infantry platoon and wipe out command and control with the first few shots, which is going to be important for cutting off rebel forces. A handful of IEDs planted by what are essentially combat engineers would be sufficient to halt most advances by guerrilla forces.

In the event that my nation needs to project military power, air strikes and fighter sorties (I'd probably need dual role planes that can kit for a dogfight or a bombing run) coupled with armed helicopters would be the tip of the spear, and I would follow that up with a solid corps of heavily armed infantry with heavy weaponry embedded. MANPADS and HMGs would be necessary. As long as I've cleared most of the hard opposition with air power first I can send in mechanized infantry with relative ease.
>>
>>28396863

I advise you put down your neighbours in a nepoleonic blaze of glory and form the United empire of west Africa with timbuktu as the capital
>>
>>28396890

No. I'll call it the African Empire. Because I would not stop at West Africa.
>>
>>28395802

Literally just buy tonnes of Cold War equipment
>>
>>28396818

>khat

You just turned your average rebel into a stimulated, amphetamine hopped up super soldier with suppressed appetite, sleep needs and amazing bouts of energy
>>
File: GLA Scorpion.jpg (28 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
GLA Scorpion.jpg
28 KB, 640x357
>>28395802
>Some cargo planes for paratrooper operations.
>Quality foreign airborne instructors.
>Trucks for techincals and transport. Maybe some old tanks for a show of force to the civilians in major cities.
>Assorted slavshit for basic weaponry.
>Relatively decent MANPADS and anti-tank weponry
>Some old ass howitzers for artillery.
>Quality food for the soldiers.

Maintaining modern equipment is expensive, so I'd choose to prioritize human ability and ingenuity over modern systems. Reinforce loyalty and focus on creating a competent and cohesive military.
>>
>>28395802

I'd buy maybe some M113 ACAVs to use around the capital, but other than that, nothing. I would, however, make sure that I have at least a regimental sized airborne infantry unit, preferably a division.

They'd probably use AK-74 rifles and RPO-K rockets for most of their shit.

They'd use Antonov An-2-100s and maybe C130s if I can get them for cheap enough for transport.
>>
>>28395802

>60 million dollar budget

That's not enough for even a shit-tier air force.
>>
Well firstly, Id take the country. completely. iniate propaganda and get my self some funding. Then stablize the countries economic and social problems via military. Depnending on location I would convince powerful nations to invest in my resources, then with enough money from them id buy weapons from China and ex-soviet bloc nations. Migs and T-70s weapons etc. Next, if im anywhere near Somalia, id waltz in there and hire mercanaries to train my infantry. Why? Because ever since colonial rules left Somalia theyve been litterly in war for most of their lives. Thus, these people are battlehardened, What better people to pay or give shelter to (In a controlled region of course, but shhh) than a group of veterans that can fight and train with my men. Then, afterwards I would purchase designs and extrapolate any industrial capacity I have. Afterwards, if this nation is landlocked, I would create and draft large armies of troops and place them on border locations. If I am by the sea, I would purchase and refurbish old soviet warships, and build up a navy, After im finished with that I would then look at expanding towards my neighbors. I would expand my airforce even further and add long ranged bombers to it. I would offer resources to China, and become close allies and hopefully gain military and economic support from them. Then, if im bordering a resource rich nation, I would strike populated centers and flood through their borders with infantry and light tanks. I would utilize heavy tanks and fixed positions to hold down key cities and completely collapse the political structure of the nation withlist taking and thus controlling their resource assets. Since possible backlash may occure I would use the polictical facade of them attacking us first and fabricate accounts. After than I would completely take control and stabilize economic problems and taking out political opponents with near soviet brutaility.
>>
File: 1417390009522.jpg (664 KB, 1931x1305) Image search: [Google]
1417390009522.jpg
664 KB, 1931x1305
>>28395802
>>28395802
>AKM, RPK, Makerov
>RPG-2, RPG-7, M-72 LAW, SPG-9
>9K32 Strela-2, FIM-92 Stinger
>T-55AM, T-55MV, T-72AV
>ZSU-23-4 shilka
>BTR-60PB, BTR-70
>BMP-1P, BMP1D
>PT-76, BRDM-2
>MIG-21, SU-17
>Mil Mi-2 Mil Mi-8, Mil Mi-24 hind D
>Vietnam era flak jackets and soviet 6B2 with extra layers of ballistic fiber and fiberglass to reinforce existing plates inside the vests. M1 Steel helmets with nylon layers

And other various cold war equipment.

Classic soviet cold war tactics will be used reinforced by vietnam,afghan and chechnya war experience. Mediocre trained troops but high morale and motivation with highly trained special operations soldiers that will be tip of the spear.

Since we dont have that much money the army might not be that large. But we will have a large portion of motivated free militia men with said equipment divided in half and a countrys people who is willing to support the armed forces in it's struggle against foreign invaders.
>>
>>28395802
with 60 mil though any decent insurgency will fuck my helicopters up and my force would fragment into different factions most likely getting into the arms, drug, human trafficking trades. its gonna be hard to make money seeing as how africans are peasants and none can afford drugs if i attempted to spend 30 mil of my 60 on cocaine to cook into crack to start a pandemic to get my money up.
this is why nothing ever gets done in africa. there is no point in operating when your force will fall apart in months.
take the money and run is the only logical option unless you want to sell your soul to international interests and be their pawns.
>>
Seeing as how this is Africa, and both infrastructure and loyalty are often lacking, your best bet is not equipment, but men. Specifically (and hilariously to some), paratroopers. You hire Europeans to help you build an elite cadre of locals that is well-paid, well-trained, motivated, and loyal. They should be able to punch well above their weight class against any sort of rebel or terrorist movement. Get some easily maintained and inexpensive helos and transports to move them quickly around the country. Problem in the mountains? No worries, paratroopers. Need to strike against forces in a jungle area? No worries, paratroopers.

Other than aircraft (which you should try to get discounted by whatever world power is friendly with you), there are no big budget items for them. Personal kit for the men is pretty basic fare for infantry: good boots, good rifles, explosives, comms, mortars, medium/heavy machine guns, and some anti-tank rockets and MANPADs just in case. You'll roll over basically anything the average African country will face by striking harder and faster at key areas. Rest of the budget goes into training and hiring mechanics for your aircraft. All personnel except for the trainers should be locals, they're a better long-term investment than hiring foreigners.

Key bonuses to this plan are not having to worry about seeing the APCs you bought being used against you, or seeing your planes fall apart on the tarmac from lack of care.

I'd add more but I think that's about all 60mil can cover. A few intel assets would be really nice, along with recon assets, but in the end we need more info.
>>
>>28397316
PARATROOPERS

THE BEST THING FOR FREE AFRICA
>>
>>28396900
Manifest Niggatry
>>
File: Big Boss bloody.jpg (18 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss bloody.jpg
18 KB, 640x360
>>28395802

>MFW if it wasn't for disease most of us would've developed outer heaven by now.

Africa is a mercenaries playground. Get rid of all the disease and scary microscopic shit and you can own a piece of land and build a small army.

Once Thailand broils into full blown civil war and China and Vietnam finally go at it so will south east Asia.
>>
>>28395802
Someone post that African paratrooper copypasta.
>>
>>28397434

This, same goes for South America, Brazil will be the power player down there and she'll need mercs to conquer the rest.
>>
>>28395802
Before I started, I need to get things straight.

Considering that:
>the 60 mil bucks budget is an annual acquisition budget (not one time check) so that I wouldn't need to worry about overheads (maintenance, salary, benefits, utilities and shit)
>it is a landlocked countries (so no navy, which needs billions of dollars just for acquisition alone
>the military already has established backbone.

I would divide my acquisition project in two; short term acquisition budget (where the 60 mil is going to be used) and medium term acquisition budget (where all the high flying shit is being bought)

For short term acquisition, I would spend those 60 million dollars on several things
>Logistics
-Up to 100 of 3-ton and 5 ton trucks
-300 utility vehicles. Yes the damn hilux.
-Several prime mover (to move heavy shits from cargos to APC and even tanks)

>small arms
Probably the existing firearm is sufficient for the time being. That said, I'd imagine some front line units deserved better than 50 years old FAL.
-30k newly-built AKs (regardless of place of manufacture. There are plenty of african factories that made them anyway). 30k AK is enough for about 10-12k soldiers (based on the principle of 1 rifle to the soldier, 1 rifle at the armory and half as spare)
-Precision rifle. Gonna limit the option to 3; DM rifle(SVD), scout sniper rifle (Remington M700, since the russians cannot into proper sniper rifle) and anti materiel rifle
-PKM and dushka (to replace whatever they had previously)
Both 81mm and 120mm mortar

>Anti tank
Since 60 million dollars could hardly buy anything, then it's better to invest them in something that could actually hurt the other guy.
-PF-98 recoilless rifle: for engagement against soft targets, nigger-rush and back up for ATGM
-HJ08 ATGM: to actually engage tanks and high value targets
-buttloads of RPGs

>Anti Air
Maybe a ZSU-23-2 gun on a truck is sufficient, as well as several truck mounted Manpads (pic related)
>>
>>28398074
Technically that's not a MANPADS.
>>
File: genocides.png (20 KB, 516x203) Image search: [Google]
genocides.png
20 KB, 516x203
Since we're talking about Africa, where guerilla warfare rules the land, and assuming that I have to face Islamic extremists and neighboring countries in combat, here's what I would spend the budget on.

Bases: $9m
-3x major FOBs (Supplies, food and general life support for 6 months or so included): $2m per base, should be around $6m in total.
-1x HQ installation (Same as above): $3m in total.

Ground vehicles: $15m
-50x Toyota pick up trucks: About $10k or so each model, $500k in total.
-10x BMP-1 IFVs: About $750k per unit, meaning $7.5m in total.
-10x BTR-80 APC: About $450k per unit, meaning $4.5m to in total.
-1x $2.5m allowance for fuel and ammunition.

Air vehicles: $15m
-1x F-4 Phantom II: $2.4m, + $2.6m more for ammunition, fuel and maintenance, $5m in total.
-2x Mi-24 D: $2.5m + $2.5m more for ammunition, fuel and maintenance per unit, $10m in total.

Infantry (Adjusted for 5,000 grunts and 15,000 POGs): $7.5m
-6,500x AK-47: $350 +$50 worth of 7.62x39mm per unit, $2.6m in total.
-500x FN FAL: $700 + $150 in scope and bipod + $50 worth of 7.62x51mm per unit, $450k in total.
-20x M2 Browning (for the Toyotas): $14k with tripod setup +$1k in .50 caliber per unit, $300k in total.
-200x M79 (Yeah, the Wombat Gun): $5k + $500 in 40mm HE ammo, $1.1m in total.
-20,000x ERDL BDUs (Includes boots and patches): $100 each, $2m total.
-5,000x chest rigs: $100 each, $500k total.
-10,000x grenades: $40 each, $400k total.

Pay: 470k/month ($5,640,000 for 12 months.)
-18,000x enlisted/amateur civvie staff pay: $15/month, $270k/month
-2,000x officer pay: $100/month, $200k/month

Other: $5m
-Medical support: $3m (Does not include enlisted/officer pay.)
-Training: $2m (Does not include enlisted/officer pay.)

Total: $59,960,000.00 USD

I am one huge autistic motherfucker for spending three hours researching this bullshit.
>>
>>28398074

For medium term acquisition (that is the ones that is bought every 5 years)

-APC. Maybe the yanks could give us free M113s. Other than that, Pindad Panser would be the cheapest modern APC (600k each). Gonna arm them with either bushmaster 25mm turrets, ATGM or Cockeril 105mm low pressure gun.
-establishing state-funded ordnance factory.
-Getting both 105mm and 155mm artillery. Worst Korean have produced an essentially modernized version of M114 and M101 artillery that cost less than a quarter of more modern system (pic related)
>up to 12 medium helicopters. Mi-17 would be nice but I would prefer a more modern AW-149

up to 6 transport aircraft: 2 light tactical aircraft (either An-32 or Y-7) and 4 light utility aircraft (either C-212, twin otter or Y-12)
>up to 12 turboprop aircraft (either KT-1 or PC-21. Fuck those hues wannabees)
>>
>60 million

that won't even pay for rifles and grenades dude
>>
>>28395802
I spend some money on advertising for everyone from /k/ to take over the place. Bit more on plane tickets, everyone bring their own stuff, go from there.
>>
>>28398171
good job dude
>>
>>28398171

M8 you have 40k in the bank, what will you spend it on? Your own fine private haram of African slags?
>>
>>28398212

Now that you mention it, start a narcotics trade to get more funding for my army.
>>
File: 238998977.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
238998977.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
in africa so probably would keep money and let them get killed
>>
>>28398195

Nigga learn to budget many African countries that rely heavily on military have 60m dollars or less to spend on military and in African standards you could get a decent power army out of that
>>
>>28398233

I-is that someone's foreskin? Dear god
>>
>>28398227

Nice, take advantage of the local khat trade? You've got your shit sorted friendo
>>
>>28398257
You need to get rid of them kenyan khatlord to do so.
>>
>>28398257
>>28398272

Well, it'll definitely motivate the men if I told them to kill for land and money.

We middle ages now.
>>
File: welcome to k gungirl.jpg (56 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
welcome to k gungirl.jpg
56 KB, 500x352
>>28398243
No, that would appear to be the entire circumcized pecker.

Welcome to /k/. Your entire stay here will be one long hazing ritual. If you can't handle it, leave; if you can, you are among friends.
>>
>>28398298

I've been at /k/ for quite some time friendo and it's not some militaristic hazing secret society so have some respect you limp wristed slack jawed penis bolted faggot
>>
Buy flamethrowers for 1/7 of troops, 4/7 would have G3s and AK74s. Purchase old tanks from 1943-1962, so Shermans, T-70s, and Leapoard 1s. The Shermans would be Zippo variants to take on the enemies in the jungle, and the other tanks to scare off other nations.
>>
>>28398337

Or heatstroke, given that you would be fighting in the savanna.
>>
>>28395802
I give 30 millions and plenty of resources to France for protection, I keep 30 millions to create a presidential guard.
>>
>>28398387

Why?
>>
>>28398387
Because it is how it works in Africa.
>>
>Armored Vehicles
It's Africa. I will just get Humvees or Jeeps, maybe some Hilux's. A few T-70's could do very well in African-warfare though

>Helicopters
Buy a few old Hueys

>Plane
An A-10 Warthog, and a couple of cargo planes

>Rifle
The cheapest Slavshit I can find. Preferably AK's or SKS but I am willing to settle for a Nugget army.

>Armor
Life Jackets

>Explosives
RPG's and typical IED, and homemade explosives
>>
File: T-70 with infantry protection.jpg (231 KB, 1280x698) Image search: [Google]
T-70 with infantry protection.jpg
231 KB, 1280x698
>>28398469
>A few T-70's
>>
350 old Komatsu D355A bulldozers for 43,750,000
Bunch of concrete, cameras, bullet proof plastic, AC, and tool steel for idk 10 mil
Rest of money on cheap aks for gun ports, khat, pay, and logistics
>>
>>28395802
Keep it relatively modern where I can, buy shit that's on firesale/ recently out of service, not shit that's changed hands 10x times (like T54's)

-FAL for main rifle
-MG3
-NSV/Kord HMG
-M203's
-Igla
-CZ75
-RPG-7's (OG-7, PG-7VL - better penetration than PG-7, more range than PG-7VR) or Carl G's
>RPG-18, RPG-22 or those Czech or Serb LAW's
>AT-5 Spandrel
>Hirtenberger 60mm commando mortar

>Buy BMP-1's and their variants from China/Korea/Russia/Yugo/ex PACT states. Uparmor and drop in modern turret systems - something with autocannon and ATGM as time goes on.

-T80 MBT - russia just took them out of service. Only the naval infantry and the Russian border guard forces retain a few - thousands are not in service, swap out coax PK's with 7.62 NATO polish PK's when time/funds permit. Don't need many either just a couple of companies to start out with.

-Aside from that a few MT-LB for general purpose APC/Medevac/ammo carrier/Arty tractor/ATGMV/Mortar carrier/etc and a larger number of BTR's because less maintenance.

Arty -
120mm russian mortar
122mm D30 howitzer
BM21 - to be upgraded with newer russian Typhoon systems

Strong emphasis on Paratroops, drop em out of whatever I can get my hands on that works and will fly like boxcars and the like, slightly less emphasis on Air Assault troops out of Hips/Hinds.
Air force don't need much - smaller and better trained and efficient is better - a handful Israeli modified MiG-21 and literally any prop cas plane with countermeasure capability and a HUD with CCIP - Tucano is fine

Weak emphasis =
Air defense = leave it to Igla's, MiG's, and Radar directed GDF 35mm guns, most of my competitors don't field effective air forces
Body armor = It'll happen soon, it doesn't need to happen now, Paras get it first.
Night Vision = It'll happen later
Navy/coast guard - Who gives a fuck, also I could be landlocked/riverine anyway

Any way you cut it this military is starting small.
>>
>>28398618

Way too expensive, how many men are you maintaining?
>>
>>28398636
>Any way you cut it this military is starting small.

para company
Helicoper troops platoon
Armored battalion
2 Mech/APC Infantry battalions
Reserve Infantry Brigade
An airforce with less than 25 planes that literally leases out civvie planes for paras if it has to
>>
>>28398636
Less than division strength
>>
>>28398675

Paratroopers are three times as expensive as infantrymen because you need to buy planes, infantry gear AND have a good support system for the troops being flown behind enemy lines, which usually relies on a good air force.

Personally, I opted for ground superiority, with a minimal air force just big enough to be fitted for close air support. After all, this is Africa we're talking about, it's not like you'll have to fight an organized military larger than 15k men strong until at least a year or two into your campaign.
>>
File: 212.jpg (302 KB, 980x735) Image search: [Google]
212.jpg
302 KB, 980x735
Somalian army
>>
File: cadaado-media-9.jpg (211 KB, 674x506) Image search: [Google]
cadaado-media-9.jpg
211 KB, 674x506
>>28398965
>>
File: 1-95.jpg (141 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1-95.jpg
141 KB, 640x480
>>28398968
>>
>>28397434
>Thailand civil war

What? Like monarchists vs republicans? The junta vs muslim separatists? The junta vs people who dont like juntas?
>>
>>28399011
All of the above.
>>
>>28398675
>>28396999
>>28397316
>>28398710

>not taking into account parachutes cost around 2 grand a pop

and youd want at a minimum twice as many parachutes as troops
>>
>>28399508
I'm betting you could do a lot better than two grand with bulk milsurp purchases.

You might occasionally have some of your guys end up flatter than you wanted them, but it's better than having rebels or whatever ruining the country.
>>
35,000 Chinese Type 56 rifles (fixed stock for regular infantry, folding stock for motorised troops.
4,000 RPKs LMG role and ammo commonality
3,500 PK's for sustained fire
250 AK103s w/rail for "SF"
4000 GP30s
1,000 M3 Carl Gustav RRs
4,000 RPG7s
500 M2 Brownings
500 DShK
100 Hirenberger M6 60mm Commando Mortar
400 L16 81mm Mortar
50 L118/M119 105mm Light guns
400 ZSU-23-2 (for mounting on some Urals and static defence)
100 Oerlikon GDF (in conjunction with Gepard)
20 Skyguard Radar (use with above, limited to two per radar unit, but others can be sighted manually or used in direct fire against positions)
10 surplus Flakpanzer Gepards (3 for capital defence, 4 out on deployment and 3 for parts)
1000 Urals (600 active, 250 reserve, 150 parts)
1500 Hilux (1000 active, 300 reserve, 200 parts)
35 BTR-80s
15 BMP 2s
10 T62s

6 Mi-8/Mi-17 (depending on price)
5 Mi-24 (whatever I could get)
4 An-12 for para drop (3 active, 1 reserve/parts)
8 L-39 Albatross for training, CAS and CAP
10 Short Tucanos training and CAS/COIN

And all the ammo I could carry, that and afterwards it could be augmented as this is an initial purchase/acquisition. $60 mil again the next year, minus operating costs. Yeah, sorted.
>>
File: image.png (16 KB, 512x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
16 KB, 512x480
>>28395802
I thought about it....what to choose.....the reality is its Africa, I would just take all the money and leave
>>
Threads like this make me wonder why I'm not an African dictator. Then it occurs to me that after the military maybe it's what I should do.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.