[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Texan here, traveling to east coast, passing through NJ and NY.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 1440449044524.jpg (43 KB, 485x540) Image search: [Google]
1440449044524.jpg
43 KB, 485x540
Texan here, traveling to east coast, passing through NJ and NY.

I keep a handgun in my car.

Should I leave it at home?

Either I risk getting mugged by dindus or I risk getting raped by NJ police, neither are appealing.
>>
>>28394539
Leave it at home. As long as you aren't a complete retard, you won't get mugged. But it's a very likely chance you will get pulled over.
>>
>>28394553
NJ and NY friendly regarding switchblades?
>>
>>28394539
police from both states would be delighted to arrest you
>>
File: 1440640719558.gif (514 KB, 307x313) Image search: [Google]
1440640719558.gif
514 KB, 307x313
>>28394569
>the volume of pepper spray you're legally allowed is limited
>>
>>28394569
Just carry a folding knife you autist

If carrying a handgun obey all posted speed limits, be squeaky clean with your driving
>>
>>28394539
Here are your options
>A: Literal raping
>B: Metaphorical raping
>>
File: stysh5h44y.jpg (24 KB, 565x243) Image search: [Google]
stysh5h44y.jpg
24 KB, 565x243
>travelling through NJ

Keep going
Don't stop, don't look back.
Those who idle here
May never leave
Leave only their funs and soul behind
Welcome to New Jersey
>>
>>28394539
They're not big states. Just stay on the highway and you should be out of them in a few hours, half a day tops if you're taking the longest possible route.
>>
>>28394539

you are protected by FOPA so long as the gun is legal in your home and destination states.
>>
hypothetically, if you wanted to hide a pistol in your car well enough to beat a search, how would you do it?
>>
>>28394592

No, you don't want to follow all posted limits. People who dry right at the limit appear like they have the most to hide, trying to avoid getting run over.

Always run 3-5 over. It shows that you're just another driver but you have nothing to hide if you were to be pulled over a friendly.
>>
>>28394764

How much time do you have? All day? Remove the oil pan, place gun in bag, replace oil pan with gun in it. Not as much time? Spare tire compartment. Also inside a first aid kit if you have one in your car.
>>
>>28394755
NJ likes to pretend FOPA doesn't exist.
>>
>>28394795
>mfw case law states you can get pulled over for not speeding now
>what the fuck
>>
>>28394764
>search

How detailed of a search? How accessible does it need to be?

If a cursory search, modify one of the plastic panels on the console to open when a hidden latch is turned/released. With varying degrees of time/complexity, this can beat most searches

If you don't need to immediately access, take apart and hide in closed tubing sections on frame, weld back together and cover in dirt to camouflage.

Ultimate storage space would probably be a custom cast transmission housing with a hidden compartment under a stock looking hole in the body, covered over with carpet. Just cut open the carpet and remove the cover to access
>>
>>28394733
new your is pretty good size

>>28394755
>NY State has been know to ignore FOPA at times
>>
>>28394827

That's always been possible. They just put something like an equipment violation as a warning.

Try driving around with a paper tag on an older beat-up vehicle. Had one years ago and was waiting for the tag, got pulled over three times and tailgated for miles several other times.

Fun times.
>>
>>28394847
>new your is pretty good size
Not really. A few hundred miles at its widest. It's maybe three, four hours on the freeway if you're taking the longest route.
>>
>>28394820
>>28394847

You can't just 'ignore' a fucking federal law. It would be disgarded by the Prosecutor as soon as he saw it
>>
milfag here

I'm picking up a lower receiver and bringing it on base just long enough that I can assemble it. There's an overall low chance that they will inspect my vehicle, but where is a really good spot to hide just the lower?

I was thinking about something simple like putting it in a to-go box from a chinese restaurant or something like that
>>
>>28394952
*disregarded
>>
>>28394795
Um no, the town I live in routinely pulls over people going AT ALL over the speed limit. Tickets are a big income source for the PD
>>
>>28394539
Fellow Texan here who's spending time in California… I'd go ahead and bring it with you and keep you nose clean. If you're used to having it around you will miss it. But you have to ask yourself what if you do have to use it while traveling in shit states?
>>
>>28394952
Ask Gregg Revell about that.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/04/robert-farago/what-to-do-when-your-flights-cancelled-and-youve-got-a-gun-in-your-luggage-and-you-have-to-go-to-a-hotel-for-the-night/
>>
>>28395007
I would rather have my wallet taken than have the states of New Jersey and New York have a field day and prosecute me like a mass murderer.
>>
>>28394952
and yet
http://gunfreezone.net/wordpress/index.php/2011/12/16/csgv-celebrating-law-breakers/
>Unfortunately since 1982, two states have been ignoring FOPA just because: New Jersey and New York. The law although explicit, has no teeth regarding enforcement. There is nothing in it that would punish the State for illegally arresting a citizen protected by FOPA.It is not unusual for gun owners to take the long way if a travel arrangement has them landing on any of the gun hostile- Law Ignoring states.
>>
>>28394814
You would probably be better off just placing the gun in the oil pan by it self, unless you want the interior of your engine coated with melted plastic.
>>
>>28395011

I can tell from the URL alone that the article refers to a different situation entirely
>>
>>28395051

That article doesn't even have anecdotal evidence that NJ and NY ignore a federal act.
>>
>>28395076
It still represents a violation of the spirit of the FOPA rules.

Here's another story:

http://www.gunnews.com/new-jersey-gun-laws-punish-tx-man-for-legally-owned-guns/
>>
OP here, New York is my destination so this law wouldn't help me out much. Just took my guns in the house and got a maglite, if I can't shoot them, I can at least blind them and run.
>>
Why are the police chasing you? Place gun in center consol/under seat. What do you think is going to happen?

>sir do you know why i stopped you?
>no sir why?
>you were speeding.
>oh Im terribly sor-
>Do you have a GUN?
>Wha-
>I SAID DO YOU HAVE A GUN MOTHER FUCKER
>Officer I dont kn-
>NOT IN MY TOWN!
>GET ON THE GROUND, ON THE GROUND!
>I NEED BACK UP!
>>
Why the fuck will cops search your car? Don't they need a reason?
>>
>>28395330
Texas plates.
>>
>>28395346
And?
>>
>>28395373
And they think up an excuse. Welcome to New Jersey. Where the fuck do you think you are, America?
>>
>>28395275
>Implying this isn't SOP for cops.
>>28395330
>I AM the law
>>
>>28395385
This.
Out of state plates are asking for it. (kek)
>>
everyone in New York and New Jersey should be killed. No exceptions.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.