[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Non-deadly Force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Bear-spray-art-w-distance.jpg (22 KB, 400x228) Image search: [Google]
Bear-spray-art-w-distance.jpg
22 KB, 400x228
Hey there /k/.
I'm a normal homeowner, and don't really frequent this board often. I believe in home defense, and luckily so does the state I live in.
Texas introduced a law some time ago that presumes deadly force used within your home was justified, which is great. But outlying property such as your front lawn is not covered under this presumption.
I was watching this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP7k08Ytdq4

And I realized that Bear Mace might be the solution.
It's not deadly, but would almost certainly stop multiple trespassers instantly.
So I just wanted to ask if /k/ could tell me what they thought about the stuff, is there a certain brand that is more reliable, etc.

Thanks in advance, oh and the vid is hilarious and worth watching even if you don't care about my question.
>>
A can of wasp killer; the kind that shoots a stream 20 feet. Probably a lot cheaper than bear spray.
>>
File: lipc.jpg (44 KB, 637x424) Image search: [Google]
lipc.jpg
44 KB, 637x424
Are Electrolaser's right now still just massive things that'll never get scaled down to handgun sized? The concept sounds great compared to darted tasers if the lasers can be fired in a grid to cover a wide area, though it sounds rife for abuse by police/criminals/trolls.
>>
Mace is what all the white trash use to mug people where I live. It's pretty debilitating. So yeah, some bear spray would be a good idea.
>>
this is what happens in liberal areas where liberal politicians don't believe crime should be punished
>>
>>28390185
>texas
>>
>>28390185

I've seen to many videos where an assailant gets hit in a non-vital area with a bullet and keeps going, especially bullets from a handgun.

If someone ever invents a non-lethal weapon that incapacitates faster than a firearm, I'd switch in a moment.
>>
>>28390206
He's talking about the video.

It's Canada.
>>
>>28390133
also illegal
>>
>>28390099
Here's me taking pepper spray to the face and getting shots off as well as a reload. If you get a 4oz can on 10% OC, you can hit half a dozen people with it. Using it in the wind will suck

https://youtu.be/5Vr3zoAEbVE
>>
Why the fuck would anyone even think about bear spraying people on their front lawn. If someone is waving a gun around on your front lawn, you can obviously shoot them because they're lethally threatening and endangering you. If they aren't and you don't have the right to shoot them then what the fuck are you worried about? Are you worried they'll steal your garden gnome? Step on your rose bush?

If you were actually worried about your own safety then the smart thing to do is stay inside and keep your gun handy, not go out within bear spray range to prove how big your balls are.

How fucking delusional to you have to be to think that you're personally endangered by the fact that your state's psychotic 'shoot first and ask questions later' law doesn't cover unarmed people walking on your front lawn?
>>
File: raid2.jpg (133 KB, 695x156) Image search: [Google]
raid2.jpg
133 KB, 695x156
>>28390133
>>28390276
>>
>>28390407
Ever heard of a necessity defense?
>>
>>28390293
You take mace like a bitty bitch
>>
>>28390099
>that vid
what kind of hick filled shithole is canadia?
>>
File: Knowing is half the battle 2.jpg (46 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Knowing is half the battle 2.jpg
46 KB, 300x300
>>28390547
It's not mace, it's OC from a company called Mace.

Mace is phenacyl chloride and it's tear gas (CS). OC is oleoresin capsicum and it's much more effective than the old CS.

Know, bro, it's half the battle.
>>
>>28390393
OP here.

You are close-minded and stupid.
The hypothetical situations you present are intended to support your argument, but don't cover a single percentage of possible self defense situations.
I own no Garden Gnomes or Rose Bushes; the intent of your statement is to imply that I behave in a non-stereotypical male fashion which is all kinds of presumptuous and ignorant.
There's a retired drill-sergeant in my neighborhood with plenty of lawn ornaments and he is not someone you would imply was non-masculine to his face.

Again, the situation may not always be ideal where conflict could be entirely avoided. I would prefer to be prepared, which I assume most people on /k/ would, given the content of the board.

Again, preparation for unforeseen situations. Why would you assume someone who wants to ensure his family's safety is delusional?
If you're upset about the laws existence you can pick up a piece of cardboard and stand in front of the courthouse for all I care.

I hope this satisfies your inquiries.
>>
>>28390639
why do you need less than lethal force?
are there black lives matter protests on your front lawn???
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.