[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Escape from Tarkov anticipation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8
Yes, I know, fuck me, coz it's another vidya thread, but I am really hyped for this game, and I kinda think /k/ gonna be a big market for this game
>>
It looks like it has potential but I dont trust Russian devs.

Every russkie dev'd online game I've ever played has been P2W as fuck.
>>
>f2p
>"mmo"
>Russian
Sorry komrade but it's gonna be shit no matter how good that glorified bullshot of a trailer looks,or how neat the inventory system is
>>
>>28389270
>>28389317
It's the same developer and setting as Contract Wars, which despite being rather challenging without paying, is a really nice FPS, which includes pretty much every weapon /k/ argues about.
>>
Also, yesterday I couldn't really sleep, and I wrote my ideas we could probably send to the developers. (maybe, MAYBE they will get a glint, and implement some of the ideas)

Would love to see in game:
>In loading menu animations, like gun animations (cuttrhough views), damage models, caliber comparisons, bullet trajectories, and spreading
>Multiple caliber choices, since civilian area (.22 could be a common round) and disposable slambang shotguns
>Ammo load in magazines could be customizable, and a big variety of shotgun shells would also be fun
>Weapon damage models, like a barrel shot could lead to fluting or bent barrel
>Chokes for shotguns
>>
Join the hypetrain, believe me, you won't be disappointed. On shitbook /ifthatvidyafitskexpectations
>>
>>28389270
being able to fire an AK without the dust cover looks pretty cool.
>>
>>28389363
>>
>>28389317
I see your fears and understand them... http://www.escapefromtarkov.com/preorder-page?lang=en
This made me rage a bit, but still I keep on hoping
>>
>>28389404
>that p2w this early

holy fuck dropped like a rock ill stick to arma
>>
>>28389441
Just a usual founder program, nothing new.
>>
>>28389270

what ever happened to that /k/ game

"evil murder death kill" or something like that

was being built using Unity, free online shooter, made by kommandos

did it turn into another unfinished dream project like innawoods?
>>
>>28389404
Not a big deal in a game where you lose your loot on death.
>>
If this game gonna be like survivarium I'll gonna suck my own balls
>>
>>28389465
A "usual founder program" is stuff like some limited availability cosmetics and access to the beta. MAYBE a small exp boost or something.

This is blatant P2W in a shit ton of different ways. Do you not realize how fucking huge early access to live + a bunch of starting gear is to a heavily PVP MMO?
>>
>>28389510
Sounds like War Thunder syndrome to me
>>
>>28389510
It's like DayZ, you die and your loot drops on the ground.

It won't matter what gold-plated AK and special snowflake gear you have, the first nigger who gets a drop on you and that's all gone

The only permanent thing seems to be the stash.
>>
>>28389590
B-but the top preorded pack includes some Unique secured container that maybe secures your drop when you die.
>>
>>28389566
Oh? Honestly I think I've only ever seen 1 player use vehicles in War Thunder that had be paid for.
>rocket tank
>>
>>28389590
And you get bonuses to the stash with their p2w.

But the fact the stuff isnt permanent is irrelevant. If the big buck founders get a week early start with early access, + a bunch of early shit, they will have time and ability to build up a huge advantage in stocked up gear/materials/currency that they can use during the most important part of an MMO's life (launch)
>>
>>28389492
it's evil death nightmare

We all knew what would happen to it (it won't be finished anytime soon)

Because dude lol FPS unity lmao
>>
>>28389270
When will it come out?
>>
>>28389317
its not f2p
>>
>>28389699

>Unity

yeah, that really was a stupid decision. maybe next we can have a F2P FPS done in Java
>>
>>28389770
UE4 engine best engine
>>
>>28389353
Just had an idea of a slambang belt, just like the flintlock-belt pirates had, man, that would be awesome
>>
File: CONDUCTOR.gif (301 KB, 136x240) Image search: [Google]
CONDUCTOR.gif
301 KB, 136x240
And also a normal bug/hacker reporting system with active feedback would be lovely
>>
and a big variety of grenades is also a cool idea.
>>
>>28389645
>what is free xp
>German P-47 better than American
>buffs
>>
>>28389699
>>28389770
Escape from Tarkov is a Unity 5 game
>>
>>28389659
If this were a more traditional MMO you would be right, but I don't think there's any levelling system of any kind, so the whole week's advantage could really only be used to stockpile gear and get a lay of the land.

As long as any starting fag with a mosin can kill a top level ub3r l33t P2W player with good aim and good positioning, none of this matters more than a little bit.
>>
>>28390484
For every OP premium there are 2 identical performance or underpowered premiums.
>>
>>28389809
As the months go on it seems more and more like a meme engine

What games actually use UE4?
>>
>>28389630
Could be like a secured container in DayZ, something in your inventory you keep delicate/valuable objects so they don't get in worse condition

Or could just be a stash you place somewhere.
>>
>>28390634
There's a complicated skyrim-like skill tree with over 100 skills if i remember correctly.
>>
>>28390729
Well your variants sound more reasonable.
>>
>>28390766
Neat

But skills =/= levels. In most MMOs with levels, a level 5 player can't hope to even dent the HP on a level 50 player

If it's just skills like "+5 weight carried, +5 resistance to fire" It again won't matter too much.
>>
>>28390634
Doesnt matter if paying doesnt guarantee a win, paying for in game advantage is fucking gross and I am very hesitant to support any game taht does it
>>
As someone who preordered Squad and now The Division, I am worried.
>>
>>28389298
>>28389317
>>28389441
>>28389510
>>28389659
>>28389770
>>28390634
>>28390857
Dear players, we've put together another FAQ with most important questions related to the game pre-orders.
We would like to remind you that Escape from Tarkov is NOT a Free-to-play project. There will be NO microtransactions. You will only pay once in order to buy the game.

Ya'll niggas is ignant.
>>
>>28391218
We were messed over by Russian "developers" enough, to have some prejudices, anon
>>
File: warz_cheats_hacks (1).jpg (248 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
warz_cheats_hacks (1).jpg
248 KB, 1366x768
>>28391218
>>28391367
WarZ, never again.

>Remember, no Russian.
>>
If i got that right it's not a new game. It's a severely updated version of some old stuff, probably it was called "russia 2028".
>>
>>28391367
This. If the words "Russian" "mmo" and "survival" are together you'd be naive not to have concerns
>>
File: screen5dk[1].jpg (333 KB, 900x521) Image search: [Google]
screen5dk[1].jpg
333 KB, 900x521
>>28391445
I remember that, some Stalkerish mod/indie game based on the cry engine, looked great but never released anything other than some trailers
>>
>Survarium 2.0
>Being transparently shilled on /k/
>From a dev with a history of P2W
Fuck that.
>>
btw I already imagined this:
>preordered game
>in pre-release state
>bank everything in stash
>stash all the premium shit
>sell it to now to regulars
>le happy merchant intensifies
>>
>>28391718
These devs got any history at all?
>>
>>28391934
Contract wars, a generic half-broken F2P online shooter that the devs have no intention of fixing because they hooked a sufficient number of suckers into microtransations.
>>
File: today I will remind them.jpg (62 KB, 600x609) Image search: [Google]
today I will remind them.jpg
62 KB, 600x609
Just a friendly reminder to you folks that this is, for the most part, a tactical-survival MMOFPS. Yeah, you heard the phrases ''survival'' and ''MMO'' on one sentence.
Any of you have fond memories of DayZ? Hope you do, for your own sake.
>>
>>28391218
fuck off shill

>mmo

this is more than enough to steer clear of this game. Not even /k/ related
>>
>>28392158
>Any of you have fond memories of DayZ? Hope you do, for your own sake.
I also remember the War Z. Fuck off shill.
>>
>>28392224
Why'd you think I was a shill? I was being sarcastic, m8.
>>
File: 1331505623329.gif (231 KB, 565x600) Image search: [Google]
1331505623329.gif
231 KB, 565x600
>>28392158

i love dayz tho
>>
I have some hope for Escape From Crimea.

I like what I see, hopefully they don't fuck up but again it's Slav 'mmo' so...
>>
>>28391394
New game on steam, Romero's Aftermath, I checked it out and bam. Literally The WarZ with CSGO skins and shittier.
>>
>>28392294
looks like pure cancer
>>
Has anyone from /k/ preordered this already?
>>
I want this game to be good but muh slav devs gonna rape it to hell. Either pay2win really hard, another DayZ Standalone game, or Russian biasm as well as loads of fucking hackers.

World restrictions would be breddy based. Keep the slavic scum to their own region. Everyone else can play together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZiP5kjUii8
>>
>>28394068
Slav devs can be good. See stalker and metro.

Hard to see how there will be "russian bias" either
>>
>>28394889
Someway, somehow, they'll manage to find a way.

Other than all that, I really, really want this game to be good. But they can fuck off if they expect me to pay 35 euro's for early access. 27/28 would be better.
>>
>>28392176
Whatever nigger
>>
>>28391394
No zombinos friend
>>
>>28391367
Well we can at least know not to give it any credit, cause everyone knows the Europeans, New Zealanders, and Americans would love to actually try and make anything good.
>>28391512
The funny thing is, every goddamn dev tries to use MMO for anygame that is capable of above 32 players in a server and survival should honestly just say" you pick up items." Cause I know for a damn fact you wont get dumb fucking illnesses and have to build shelter out of sticks and moss.
>>
>>28391394
>No microtransactions
>posts a game that has always been about that
You could've at least tried and said payday 2.
>>
>>28395358
Just scavs so same thing
>>
Fuck these ass bastards OP.
Game looks promising and I'm looking forward too it.
Hope we will meet one day innacity
>>
File: 1451464972692.jpg (73 KB, 384x960) Image search: [Google]
1451464972692.jpg
73 KB, 384x960
>>28395479
Sure they might be brain dead, but shame on you for making fun of slivic people. I mean COME ON ITS 2016!!!!!!
>>
I play a lot of 7 days to die. It's still in alpha and it just got a decent sized update, and its pretty fun for awhile. I can't really play it for long periods of time, but I think that's just me.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.