[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USMC hate thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: file.jpg (50 KB, 606x339) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
50 KB, 606x339
This was buried in another thread -

Fuck the USMC. It's a pointless anachronism that derps our supply chain and it should be canceled. What's it do that the rest of the service can't?

>but muh expeditionary force

Fuck that noise. Need fast deployed troops? 82 airborne. Need fast deployed elite troops: send rangers. Need fast deployed aircraft? 366th fighter wing, or you can send the B2's anywhere in the world to take a big streaming freedom dump on brown people. Need fast deployed ships? Send the CBG that would have been there anyways because the Marines can't do air power without help. Need to perform an amphibious landing? No you fucking don't. We invented helicopters.
>>
Fuck the Navy, let's just build spaceships.

Fuck the Air Force, we'll have the Space Corps!

Fuck the army, we have marines!

Fuck parachutes, we orbital drop pods now
>>
well
Helicopters can't just blindly fly into and land in hostile territory
Tried that in vietnam, got 50,000 people killed.

And you can't helicopter in armored vehicles either, at least, not anything the US has procured in the last 70 years.
Which ofc, has also got a lot of people killed but who cares huh.
>>
The Marines singlehandedly ruined Okinawa for the rest of us

>want to go off base? Too bad lol a marine raped another 12 year old and everyone's having another safety stand down
>>
>>28389551
Whoever decided to put the marines there and keep them there is what ruined it
But maybe they & their families are bait for a chinese attack
>>
>>28389244
Anon, everyone else is too valuable to send
>>
>>28389244
I'm curious, what strategic experience do you have that makes you think you are qualified to decide what is needed?

Furthermore, why is it only the USMC that's seen as a redundancy? Every branch has dedicated air assets, which, by your logic, can all be covered by the Air Force. The Navy has Seebees, which don't do anything Army engineers can't do. Hell, the Air Force is by far the youngest branch since they used to fall under the Army, and i highly doubt the benefits of them having their own branch outweight the troubpe of having to go through extra coordination with an outside branch, maintaining seperate uniforms and living standards, etc. Realistically, you could roll everyone into just the Army and Navy, and any capabilities that one doesn't have could be augmented by the other. I just don't understand why people on this board are so salty about "hurr muhreens" and overlook any other criticisms of other branches. Does the Air Force really need their own flavor of MPs? Does the Navy really need their own flavor of EOD? Does the Army really need their own flavor of helicopters?
>>
File: 1383512422901.jpg (44 KB, 814x500) Image search: [Google]
1383512422901.jpg
44 KB, 814x500
>>28389244

>we invented helicopters
>>
>>28389244
Can't stop laffing of OPs pic. XD
>>
>>28391894
The Marine Corps does what every other branch does. It's not a necessary branch at all, and is mainly functioning because the president doesn't need an act of congress to mobilize the entirety of the underfunded jack of all trades branch
>>
File: lol16.png (18 KB, 833x551) Image search: [Google]
lol16.png
18 KB, 833x551
>>28389244

>getting so mad that you copypasted this from that previous thread
>>
>>28392007
The Air Force is also a redundant branch. Name one thing the Air Force does that isn't already done by someone else.
>>
>>28392632
A dedicated ground based air force is redundant I guess, but they do it better than the Navy and Marines. Plus, they have the best funded and best functioning intelligence program in the armed forces
>>
File: 1448961283461.jpg (31 KB, 605x414) Image search: [Google]
1448961283461.jpg
31 KB, 605x414
>>28389244

There really isn't any reason to do any major restructuring like that. The current system simply works. You COULD change it, but why? What advantages would be gleaned?
>>
>>28392632

.>Name one thing the Air Force does that isn't already done by someone else.

Strategic Bombers
Airborne Tankers
Advanced Early Warning
Air Superiority Fighters
A-10 + AC-130

I'm probably missing a ton of stuff, too.
>>
>>28389244

B-but why anon.

Devil dogs are good boys. We never hurt nobody, we just trying to get our life in order.

Chesty Puller 4 lyfe.
>>
File: 1451667271807.jpg (76 KB, 600x959) Image search: [Google]
1451667271807.jpg
76 KB, 600x959
>>28389244
>>
>>28389568
This post isn't getting enough love.
>>
>>28389244

How about the Army sucks and is incapable.

God bless the Marines. At least not all our servicemen are incapable.
>>
>>28389244
>tfw I loved the corps
>tfw everyone hates me
>>
I never really got what the point of the marines was.
>>
>>28392632
>Expecting marines and Navy to provide Air Superiority
>>
>>28392945
They could if you just roll all the Air Force funding and personnel into the Navy.

>2016
>Autists not understanding that it is better to divide shit up so as to manage shit easier.
>>
>>28392817
This is why people hate Marines
They swallow their own propaganda more than any other branch, and spread it like the plague
Hell, this is why Marines hate Marines
>>
>>28392721
The Army handled all of the air assets during WW2 just fine.
>>
>>28393027
The AAC was functionally its own thing in WW2 and not particularly subordinate to the Army
>>
>>28392669
An intelligence program that could be successful in any other branch if they got the same amount of funding th Air Force does. Also, we have 3 letter agencies that handle strategic level intelligence, and each branch already has their own ground level intelligence, so who is the Air Force supporting? Themselves? They are essentially a self licking ice cream cone.
>>
>>28393053
So why did they feel the need to have their own branch with special snowflake ranks and command structure?
>>
>>28389551
It was airmen who raped that girl.
>>
>>28393027

>The Army handled all of the air assets during WW2 just fine.

It doesn't now. You realize that if they took all the air force assets and put them under the control of the Army, they would inevitably end up being called "The Army Air Corps" or something, which would be the Air Force in all but name.
>>
>>28389244
I'm on a joint base with them and they're all just giant cunts. Fucking every weekend one tries to fight me, like why?
>>
>>28393055
And they're the best self licking ice cream cone you'll ever fucking see.
The air force also actively supports the army and Marines
>>
>>28393071

>So why did they feel the need to have their own branch with special snowflake ranks and command structure?

Cause why not? It just makes sense to keep the air assets separate from the ground pounders.
>>
The USMC churns out a much higher quality level of grunts than the Army. The Army is ass-mad and in denial about it, they would bring those programs down if they could, so they have to be prevented from doing so. The Navy is already a big tent and doesn't need more complication by absorbing those programs, which it may gut or fuck up. The Air Force has it's own shit but welcomes more bullet sponges between it's flight lines and the enemy.
>>
>>28393071
Because they were doing their own thing and, at the end of ww2, the bomber was the sole delivery mechanism for nukes. It did not make sense to subordinate them
>>
>>28392983

Top kek.

Only people that hate muhreens are on 4chans /k/, and usually a typical loser.

>Army stronk
>>
>>28393084
The same exact thing would happen to the Marine Corps, but everyone on this board still advocates for it.

>>28393122
They can also actively support other branches by just being a part of those branches to begin with.

>>28393132
>cause why not?
Lol why not keep the Marine Corps seperate as well? Yu don't need another branch to keep assets seperate. The Army does a fine job keeping Apaches and ground assets coordinated.

>>28393384
That doctrine is now outdated and we have ICBMs for nukes. The Air Force does not do anything no other branch couldn't do.
>>
File: 51kgNKhgusL.jpg (37 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
51kgNKhgusL.jpg
37 KB, 300x430
>>28393573

I want a rebate for responding to this bait.
>>
File: 815297.jpg (356 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
815297.jpg
356 KB, 960x720
>armee stronk
>>
>>28393602
Lel did you expect rational, fact based discourse in a thread titled "USMC Hate"?
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.