[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best AR-15 for the money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 429x149) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 429x149
Alright /k/ommandos, I've been thinking about getting an AR-15. At first I thought building one would be the way to go. However, I've heard that the price gap between personal builds and factory builds has closed up quite a bit as of late. Buying a factory ready gun seems like the way to go for me. Question is, what is the best AR-15 on the market for the money?
Any left over money I have will go twards ammo and accessories.
My maximum price would be $1000 because the laws here in commiefornia add an extra $250 to that.
>>
>>28388280
Please understand my maximum price isn't my ideal price, the lower the better.
>>
Ruger AR-556 and S&W M&P Sport 2 AR both good entry level ARs

Both have dust cover/FA, only difference is Ruger is 1:8 twist and flat top, S&W is 1:7 and has front iron sight
>>
>>28388303

Ruger starts as low as 600, S&W as low as 700
>>
>>28388280
Bushmaster or DPMS
>>
S&W M&P Sport II
>>
>>28388303
>>28388309
Which twist rate is better? I know it varries with ammo and all but what is the best overall?
>>
>>28388318
1/9
>>
Build your own. The third party outfitters out there (especially here in the states) are not only plentiful, but many are experienced to a large degree. Do some research and check out bargain bin offers from manufacturers like DPMS, Knight, DD, Mega, and MANY more. Build a true mil-spec, and adhere to parts that are stamped as such.

As for twist rate, you really need to consider what you'll be using the rifle for and what kind of loads you'll be using. a 1::9 or 1::10 is a neutral starting point, but again, really do some reading first prior to making a choice.
>>
>>28388318
1/7
>>
Being in Cali, only the lower receiver could prove to be an issue for you. Do you have access to a good dealer with an FFL? Talk to them about options as they'll be better versed in the local laws and ordinances. You can have the lower shipped to them once you find one you like.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.