[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bolt actions tho
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2016-01-01-03-11-32.png (2 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-01-03-11-32.png
2 MB, 1080x1920
Which bolt action rifle is your favorite, /k/?
Is there any particular rifle that you can say is better than it's contemporaries?
>>
File: qq3jix.jpg (153 KB, 1600x1184) Image search: [Google]
qq3jix.jpg
153 KB, 1600x1184
>>28387596
.30-40 Krag carbine

As a battle rifle, it was mostly outclassed by Mausers. But, they shoot very well and have a fine craftsmanship to them. It's an excellent deer gun for Western forrests, especially if you choose to hunt with irons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rlJ0eCLInQ
>>
>>28387596
I really like the m39.

It has all the fun of the Mosin, with actually quality put into it. I'm convinced it's better than the k98, or its other bolt action contemporaries.
>>
>>28387628
Wow thats a handsome rifle.
I'm currently shopping for a other one so maybe I'll spy one of those
>>
savage axis 30-06
it
just
works
>>
>>28387660

The carbines are the prettiest, and most useful IMHO. If in good condition with a good bore, there are few rifles more enjoyable to shoot.

Occasionally, you can find Danish and Norwegian Krags for sale. These are well-made, beautiful guns as well.

Be a careful buyer -- some rifles have been cut down to carbines, but sold at original carbine premiums. And if you see an 1896 carbine unknowingly being sold for 1898 carbine prices, buy it.
>>
>>28387596
I'd also recommend the Lee-Enfield Rifle No. 5 Mk I jungle carbine (only the originals). It's a gorgeous, rugged, very handy rifle. For these reasons, it was once very popular among Canadian hunters and woodsmen. It's not terribly comfortable to shoot, though -- snappy, it bites a little. If you're not shooting it 100 rounds at a time, it's not too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX_5NvEcuc0
>>
File: 1.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (519 KB, 800x1148) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
519 KB, 800x1148
>>28387596
But, the best bolt gun -- smoothest, most shootable, gorgeous -- my favorite for hunting -- goes to the Winchester Model 70 Featherweight. You can find them in a variety of calibers to suit your need.

The action feels perfect. There's a reason it's been known as "The rifleman's rifle" for 80 years.

One thing I like about it over its historical competitor, the Remington 700, is that you can disassemble the bolt without tools. If you're hunting in snowy or wet and cold conditions, moisture can get inside your bolt and freeze it up. If you're in the high country and that happens with a Remington 700, you're SOL. With the Winchester, you just disassemble it, warm it up in your coat, dry it off and put it all back together right in the field. And, the Winchester is prettier on top of it (the Supergrade is totally worth it -- a true heirloom rifle).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD4YZMySXLs
>>
>>28387882
Wondering zero.
>>
Ishapore 2a1
>>
>>28387948

You should read up on it instead of repeating something you heard. /k/ has a big problem with dittoing gun memes and not actually knowing what they're talking about.

The zero doesn't really wander -- like what happens with bore/crown problems or bolt lockup -- but the jungle carbine isn't a precision rifle. This is due to bedding-- the original Enfields were center-bedded and weren't designed to have free-floated barrels like the jungle carbine. Securing/ensuring that the rifle is firmly rear bedded as well is an easy fix (if needed) that tightens groups.

I've killed several antelope on the prairie and several deer in the Black Hills with a jungle carbine, at distances from 100 to 300 yards. With irons. It won't win any bench competitions, but it's certainly accurate enough for those purposes.
>>
Tikka T3
>>
Mosin nagant
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.