[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Primitive / traditional archery and hunting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8
File: ragim.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ragim.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Anyone else into traditional hunting?

guys what are your modern style stone age /k/ weapons? stone, obsidian (aka dragongalss) or modern steel broadheads, knives, and spears are all acceptable.

Just put a down payment on a Bear Montana lonbow 40# draw. I have 2 fiberglass static recurves, a Martin White tail #50 and Shakespeare Paul Bunyan 600 #40 (both ambi bows), a Ragim Wolf 68in 45# draw, and finally I have a Bear Cub #35.

Will post pics if the thread is productive.
>>
I prefer to use a recurve bow for just 3d archery. I think hunting should generally be left to compound bows
>>
>>28387348
I have killed 4 deer with my paul bunyan. Animals are just meat. With a stout enough draw and good archery skills a 2 blade zwicky broadhead on wood arrows will kill just as fast a compound.

People were hunting with longbows for thousands of years before wheelie bows were invented.
>>
>>28387364
yes. but compound bows are generally better suited for the task. that was my only point.
>>
>>28387383
they are only better suited if you can't shoot a recurve or longbow well and are bad at stalking.

stalking quietly is really fun and does not really exist in modern hunting anymore.
>>
>>28387397
are you just trying to disagree for the sake of disagreeing? or you feel like you need to say something? I'm just saying compound bows are designed to be more efficient for hunting. that's basically it. I don't even really enjoy shooting them much.
>>
>>28387414
I can't stand shooting compounds either, just draw point and pull the trigger. there is nothing to them.
>>
>>28387432
honestly might as well just use a rifle at that point.
>>
File: Hawaiian shartk tooth weapons.jpg (18 KB, 500x261) Image search: [Google]
Hawaiian shartk tooth weapons.jpg
18 KB, 500x261
>>28387314
How good would shark tooth weapons be?
>>
>>28387440
exactly. they are so fucking expensive too. any good bow with accessories will cost you 1K approx.
>>
Is it weird that I want to go boar hunting while wearing mail or plate and using a spear or sword?

I want to fight the boar one on one without any dogs or anything, but I'm also not brave enough to risk getting tusk'd to death either.
>>
>>28387450
it depends, I think that shark tooth weapons for hunting would be kind of badass. Arrowheads with a wood tip and body, but shark tooth cutting surfaces could be decent.

still probably less effective than stone, obsidian, or steel broadheads.

as far as spears and cutting weapons are concerned, shark teeth were generally considered to be gruesome weapons because they commonly broke off and teeth became lodged in wounds.

They weren't especially deadly, especially compared to obsidian and jade weapons.
>>
File: boar-spear-2377-p.jpg (82 KB, 865x865) Image search: [Google]
boar-spear-2377-p.jpg
82 KB, 865x865
>>28387469
you are not the only one brave /k/night
>>
>>28387469
You can try to spear it from a tree stand u know.
>>
File: fytibnpiorf.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
fytibnpiorf.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
>>28387314
I hunt deer by setting large tracks of land on fire, forcing the deer into ravines where I throw rocks at them until they die.
>>
>>28387486
so easy a caveman can do it!
>>
File: boar.jpg (264 KB, 919x726) Image search: [Google]
boar.jpg
264 KB, 919x726
>>28387469
you'd probably end up gored right in the dick

hunt with dogs and a boar spear/boar sword. They did it that way for a reason.
>>
>>28387450
Penetration from a shark tooth broadhead looks fucking badass. a single, very large shark tooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YrwtEjlN38
>>
>>28387469
even back in the middle ages they used hunting dogs and bows.
>>
>>28387314
I only do target stuff for fun, but I have a Samick Spikeman, 60" 40#.

>Just put a down payment
Please explain, I refuse to believe someone is dumb enough to make payments on a bow.
>>
>>28387586
Its on lay away. Bear takes a few months to make them, so it doesn't make sense to pay for it all at once. Its not financed or anything, I can just draw out the payment until Bear makes the bow and sends it to my archery store.

I'm a lefty so I usually need custom bows.
>>
File: IMAG0646.jpg (475 KB, 1018x1414) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0646.jpg
475 KB, 1018x1414
>>28387586
I suppose also relevant, I tried making chainmail once. Pic related took about 60 hours, crammed into about two weeks. Plan on adding a bit more and finishing the trim one day

12 gauge aluminum rings, so it's not terribly heavy
>>
>>28387600
>I'm a lefty so I usually need custom bows.
Ah, okay, that makes a ton more sense
>>
>>28387603
sick, are you into midevil fencing or knights combat MMA?
>>
>>28387586
He's a piss poor lawyer or still in law school, this is quickly established in his AMA threads, so he's poor as fuck.
>>
>>28387586
the fact that OP apparently owns half a dozen 40lb bows and not a single bow legal for archery season should tell you he's either a retard, a felon, or a retarded felon shitkicker.

>>28387600
>not going to their proship in Gainesville and buying a "out of spec" too high poundage lefty bow for 60% off.
top pleb
>not being able to swing a $400 purchase in the first place
a fool and his money...
if you owned half as many bows that cost twice as much your traditional archery experience would be far more enjoyable. instead of three shit bows you could have bought one tomohawk.
>>
>>28387616
>>28387613
I am a picker and I am cheap. Where do you get that I was poor from my AMA threads?
>>
>>28387616
FYI I make $400 in a little more than an hour. Like I said, I am cheap. If I can draw out a payment without financing I do.
>>
>>28387616
40# is the minimum draw for hunting in most states, including mine. Your state that requires +40 is in the minority.
>>
>>28387624
>I am cheap
>owns half a dozen low grade bows worth the dollarydoos of one bear recurve and one tomohawk lonbow that all shoot like shit
thats called being retarded, not being cheap. You probably buy cigarettes by the pack 5 times a day instead of getting one carton too. typical shitkicker/10

>>28387631
sure buddy. you're in the top percentage of lawyers but post on 4chan at 5 in the morning posting about your backwoods white nigger bow arsenal worth less than the nearest two bows to my right.
>>
>>28387649
hate to break it to you, 300 an hour is the average wage of a lawyer.

why not post your grand house and monster bank account with your rolexs and jet plane while your at it.

There is nothing wrong with posting on 4chan when tomorrow is a day off dumbass.
>>
>>28387624
I get that you are ignorant of your "expertise," I then infer you are poor, this thread reinforces that belief. Deductive prowess is an asset in legal matters, young moron.
>>
>>28387655
I never said I was a primitive archery expert lol. I am not a weapons expert.

"i get that you are ignorant of your "expertise"" is not a grammatical sentence. Proof that you are a complete retard.
>>
>>28387654
you can charge whatever you want, but you need clients to make that money. You're obviously an idiot, so the 3 hours a month you do some paid consultations before they decide on "other law firms" mean you might as well work at mcdonalds "lawfag".
>inb4 more hurr im not poor, i'm just stupid funposting
needing to layaway a sub 400 purchase on a retail item like a normal spec production Bear archery recurve means you're too poor to afford it m8. Buying multiples of shit instead of one good thing is indicative of being a shitkicker.

>bear bows take months to make
you can buy anything within thier normal poundage range at any bigbox store and it'd be at your door in under 5 days. no ones falling for your backpedaling on being poor as fuck. So what was the felony about that's prevented you from owning firearms?
>>
>>28387672
boy the trolls are out tonight.
>>
I don't get it. what did lawfag do to get this anon's hate?
>>
>>28387672
>so the 3 hours a month you do some paid consultations before they decide on "other law firms" mean you might as well work at mcdonalds
I don't know. making the wage of a burger flipper in 3 hours, then having the remaining 717 hours for yourself doesn't sound so bad.
>>
>>28387683
There are alot of people that hate lawyers. I don't blame them. Most lawyers are assholes or con artists.

I am not one of them, but, I get bad treatment from people every now and then when they learn I am a lawyer. Some landlords don't like renting to lawyers because they are nervous they will get sued etc.
>>
>>28387664
Ignorant of legal matters, you roody-poo. Although I have no doubt you can't hunt either.
>>
>>28387707
what legal matters am I ignorant in?
>>
>>28387683
pseudo intellectualism and general retardation.

being a typical 12 year old tripfagging doesn't help either.

or removing your trip to samefag, lawfag.

>>28387679
>maximum damage control.jpg

you must be living literally hand to mouth i you need to use layaway to buy something a highschool kid could clear 3 times over working part time at mcdonalds.

>>28387688
so you are pretty much 100% unemployed
>>28387694
you do understand post times right? this thread had 8 posters and that number has not gone up since you magically have gotten so much anon support at >30 second post intervals. You aren't fooling anyone kiddo.
>>
>>28387694
Or you create threads where you blow shit out of your ass and advise people to confess everything to the police from the get go.

>When people find out I'm a lawyer

Have you seen your trip? Not exactly bright, are you Mr. Kent?
>>
>>28387713
All.
>>
>>28387716
I explained already that I don't need to pay for it now because it won't come to my local archery store for at least a month.

Maybe you don't understand the time value of money principle. Money you have now is worth more than money you spend now. Drawing out payments on anything, if there is no financing is less expensive.

I also have bills, secretaries, rent, and other adult shit to worry about.

I am not a pseudo intellectual or a retard. You, on the other hand are an asshole.
>>
>>28387722
I meant IRL, not online.

I have never advised anyone to confess to the police unless cooperation would be in their best interest. Lack of cooperation can be used against someone at sentencing and cooperation can be used as leverage to get better offers for plea bargains.
>>
>>28387694
>they get nervous because they know they can't fuck you over without any repercussion
post your bows, m8.

also a story just because
>salvation army has a left handed recurve bow in their donation bin (I don't even remember what it was anymore)
>mfw I shoot left handed
>I see it and ask how much it is
>"sorry anon, we just got that in and haven't priced it yet so we can't sell it to you. come back tomorrow"
>leave and come back the next day
>"oh sorry, we put that on the truck that goes to our main sorting facility. come back in a few days and see if we get it back. when it comes in, we'll hold it for you"
>go back daily because it's 2 minutes from my work
>after a week an employee I hadn't talked to yet said it probably went to a different store because they legally couldn't sell bows there because they were weapons
>call main sorting facility, they say it probably went to a store that's about 200 miles away from me
few months later
>walk in to browse shit
>one of the back room guys sees me
>"hey, you're the guy that wanted that bow, right? We got one in today and I set it aside for you, let me go grab it"
>dude walks out with jennings t star II for $6
not really into compound bows, but I bought it anyway because it was $6.
>>
>>28387716
>so you are pretty much 100% unemployed
but making the pay of someone that is employed full time.
getting paid to do practically nothing.
yeah, that doesn't sound so bad.
>>
>>28387730
>I explained already that I don't need to pay for it now because it won't come to my local archery store for at least a month.
which is a falsehood, because right now I can go to 3 rivers archery and get a left hand bear super kodiac to my door within the week. You apparently don't have $500 to your name or you'd have your walmart layaway recurve in hand right now.

>I have adult shit you worry about
I wouldn't trust a lawyer who writes like a 12 year old edgelord to handle an deposition. There is a reason why you're unemployed, even if you have a law degree

>I'm not retarded ;_;
you do understand that the problem with being a tripfag is that people can... get this... call you out on retarded shit you've said. Your inability to understand this fact is probably why your alleged practice is not able to provide you 500 dollarydoos a month of spending money.
>>
>>28387748
>still 8 posters
forget your trip m8?

having a bachelors degree and a law degree and being out salaried by a retarded nigger operating a mcdonalds cash register eating at you?
>>
>>28387722
also, Salias v Texas allows prosecutors to use silence against you as evidence of your guilt. You need to positively invoke the right instead of saying nothing.

In some cases cooperation with the police can lead to very positive outcomes. Everything is on a case by case basis.
>>
>>28387755
what? I'm
>>28387688

you know, the guy that you responded to.
>>
>>28387757
If you really are a lawyer, I feel for your clients.
>>
>>28387760
k den lawfag

>inb4 a random anon out of the blue will defend a tripfag REEEEEEing over being called a poorfag for not having $500 to his name.
>inb4 diction isn't indicative of who is posting you don't know it's me... I mean I'm not the 12 year old formerly known as lawfag as he uses wikipedia instead of statutes and caselaw to prove how he's not 100% an ignoramus in the legal field.
>>
>>28387760
jeez the trolls are bad tonight.

Hang on, posting bows. My martin white tail is at the shop now waiting on a string.
>>
>>28387771
that's some intense paranoia, dude.
you caught me. I'm actually lawfag removing his trip and putting his trip back on over and over to make it seem like I have an army. you're definitely not just a moron.
>>
>>28387770
why? Advising a client to cooperate and become a CI has gotten some of my clients off scott free from charges they might have done serious time for.

My clients are in capable hands.

When did this become a thread about insulting me and not about archery?
>>
>>28387770
seriously this

no way in hell you are a real lawyer if you think supreme court cases are the relevant caselaw as to why you should refuse to talk to the police about a crime you're being accused of.

>>28387772
>standard production bow
>in the shop waiting on a string
>my ferrari is in the shop/10
you can order any string you want via mail order or internet and it will get to you as fast as you can ship it. A competent proshop can MAKE a goddamn bow string out of spooled dacron and get it back in your hand in less than a day. You are so full of shit it hurts
>>
>tripfag posts a a thread about archery
>some anon gets maximum butt hurt because he has different letters at the top of his posts than he does
>derails thread to shitposting about how big a fag the tripfag is
Did I miss anything?
>>
File: 1360140202407.jpg (2 MB, 1654x1280) Image search: [Google]
1360140202407.jpg
2 MB, 1654x1280
>>28387796
>tripfag starts an autistic thread about honorubu dragonglass traditional archery
>thinks a collection of samic sage tier shitbows is impressive
>has no pics, or point to thread
>bragging about putting a $350 bow on layaway
>btw I'm a lawyer guise
>no u! I put it on layaway because muh local shop (bowshops are so common, right?) can't get the bow you can order right now on 3Rivers and get delivered to your door in ~3 days for a month. this payment plan on a 350 item totally makes sense because a few bar tabs worth of money is so important... to those in abject poverty. which aren't me fuck you evil trolls!
>this thread commences

We've had piles of Archery General threads that have been quite successful. this will not be one of them.
>>
>>28387796
It doesn't matter dude. This guy seems so intent on baiting me into posting my bar ID no, bank account information or something to disprove him, that he can use to doxx me that I am going to abandon thread. I am also ditching my trip because, even though it was fun giving some free information to the gun owning community, it isn't that fun anymore.

I mean it isn't possible that a lawyer could be posting on a chinese cartoon knitting IRC room could it?
>>
>>28387815
>We've had piles of Archery General threads that have been quite successful. this will not be one of them.
yes, and that's the tripfags fault. clearly.
>>
>>28387815
I don't think I was bragging about anything.

>>28387815
Neither 3 rivers, not cabelas has a bear montana lefty in 40#
>>
>>28387815
>fiberglass bows are shit
lol those bows are completely indestructible and shoot pretty damn well.

When you are crying about the limb you bent putting a string on, or how your bow delaminated after you store it when it is wet, I will continue shooting.
>>
>>28387826
seeing as aforementioned tripfag made a thread to shitpost and not an archery general, yes.

>>28387832
bear does not offer a 40# left handed montana longbow. once again, you're full of shit

ironically I own a bear grizzly, which was a factory second that came in a 42lbs instead of 43+ and had to be marked as such, which I could only get due to buying it at their factory proshop.

I could have bought a 40# montana out of spec left handed bow, but I didn't want to despite the heavy discount. Because they have terrible handshock and are actually quite unpleasant to shoot recreationally.

gg with that when you finally scrape together the rest of that $350. For $900 (IE not buying 5 shitty entry level bows) you could have gotten a deflex reflex tomahawk longbow.
>>
>>28387774
There is an interesting quality to gun owners. Every one of them seems to think they know something about 1) self defense law 2) constitutional law and 3) gun law.

When presented with legal advice, these people will generally brush it off as no big deal, until they get arrested and panic.

I have seen this time and again in my practice. I live in a gun control state and have advised my gun owning or hunting clients of some law about their gun, gun buying, or hunting regulation, and then they completely ignore me.

Then I get a call saying "omg I got arrested for this" and I tell them well, you didn't listen to me. I advised you to not do that thing and you went ahead and did it anyway because you thought you knew better.
>>
>>28387850
top fucking kek
>I'm not anon posting! baka!
>forgets to replace his trip from all that anon posting
>>
>>28387844
No shit, I guess I need to call my archery shop then. They were the ones who were wrong. I just looked that up, and you are totally right.
>>
>>28387853
No if you see above I said I was ditching my trip you dummy. see this post? >>28387816
>>
>>28387844
>made a thread to shitpost
I don't even
>>
>>28387869
Well he achieved his goal. He bullied my trip off of /k/.
>>
>>28387364
They also used them before guns where invented.

They also walked before they tamed horses, and rode horses before driving cars.

Fuck you, you argumentative cunt, just because it's old doesn't mean it's better.
>>
>>28387873
>he
out of the 9 people who've posted in this thread, 7 have called you retarded for your lack of traditional archery knowledge/hot shit wrong opinions on legal matters from previous threads
1 is you
1 is probably also you split screening chrome and firefox while crying into the student loan ballance for that law degree you're working towards.
>>
>>28387894
I didn't argue that it was better. I argued it was sufficient to ethically kill game.
>>
>>28387895
*>>28387894 8 people now who've called you a ignorant retard.

>>28387898
>I still don't understand the concept of traditional archery: the post
>>
>>28387895
no. It is not. :) I didn't pay for law school because I got a full boat scholarship.

I have never incorrectly advised someone on /k/. Just because something is counter intuitive or you think it is wrong, does not make it wrong.
>>
>>28387902
you know what fuck you guys. I'm out. The internet is full of assholes, but /k/ is truly a magical place.
>>
File: Tank Crewman.jpg (295 KB, 848x1091) Image search: [Google]
Tank Crewman.jpg
295 KB, 848x1091
>>28387905
the one legal tidbit you attempted to drop in this thread to prove your legalese was wrong, as has apparently most everything in your other tripfaggot escapades.

if you're serious, I feel bad for anyone stuck with you as their attorney.

>>28387906
try to not get assprints on the door when it hits you on the way out.
>>
>>28387906
Fuck you for making lawyers look retarded. You bring shame to the profession
>>
>>28387911
why do you think salinas or the supreme court is irrelevant to whether cooperation with the police is advisable? I am genuinely interested.
>>
>>28387921
How did I make lawyers look retarded? Please point it out.
>>
>>28387921
FYI the other lawyer that posted in some of my AMA threads agreed with me and confirmed that I was not retarded... so there's that.
>>
Any lawyer with this thin of a skin and juvenile diction would not be an effective lawyer. Heres hoping that this kid is actually a 16 year old buying his first bow from his "bow shop" called cabelas on layaway, or somewhere in the US there is a barely employed stripmall "lawyer" making minimum wage off working sub 5 billable hours a week.

>>28387925
> Long-standing judicial precedent has held that any witness who desires protection against self-incrimination must explicitly claim that protection
IE "I want a lawyer" or simplifying saying "no" to will you answer questions/give a statement. agreeing to questioning and then refusing to answer self incriminating questions is a product of this specific dindu.
>the plurality reiterated two exceptions to this principle: 1) that a criminal defendant does not need to take the stand at trial in order to explicitly claim this privilege; and 2) that failure to claim this privilege must be excused when that failure was due to government coercion.
>failure to claim this privilege must be excused when that failure was due to government coercion.
if you are IRL a lawyer and don't understand that this ruling means "shut your goddamn mouth" before being arrested due to potential to incriminate yourself through agreement to questioning pre arrest...

jesus christ lawfag, plz leave but first burn your law degree. how did you pass your state bar exam?

>>28387932
>the other lawyer
because you've been here so long, right?
because the ~1 thread you've shitposted in about SDlaw is the only one that has existed since moot created 4chan in 08.
>>
>>28387796
>two anons

ftfy
>>
>>28387979
this

"will you agree to questioning. K, btw we have this thing that 110% incriminates you what is your comment on that... sitting there in absolute silence until we just arrest you. k, you're under arrest." and then eluding justice for 15 years on a murder charge after bonding out is not the same thing as "will you talk to us about ____... no ok then."
>>
>>28388036
Correction, up to 8 anons. gg lawfag, you retarded child.
>>
>>28387927
By posting all your retarded fucking posts, making yourself look stupid.
>>
>>28387486
>large tracks of land

"Tracts"; large "tracts" of land.

Fucking subhuman.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.