[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tell me /k/ is this inhumane or frowned upon? is wounding sq
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10
File: hunting with potatoes.png (1 MB, 1277x674) Image search: [Google]
hunting with potatoes.png
1 MB, 1277x674
tell me /k/
is this inhumane or frowned upon?
is wounding squirrels but possibly not killing them a big deal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCLP73FtiJ0
>>
Might makes right.
>>
>>28386356
They're fucking squirrels who gives a shit

Personally I prefer to kill animals humanely when possible, but I certainly don't take it upon myself to shit on others who dont
>>
>>28386356
If I were one of those squirrels I would be embarassed at being assaulted by a potato.
>>
Fuck squirrels.
>>
File: SQUIRREL.jpg (30 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
SQUIRREL.jpg
30 KB, 620x413
>>28386356
Id rather shoot squirrels with pellet gun
>>
>>28386356
If you can't guarantee a clean death, don't do it. Hunting to main, or causing undue suffering for one's own pleasure is a sign of psychopathy. I make an exception for bugs though. I enjoy fucking with bugs in all sorts of fucked up ways.
>>
>>28386356

i will never get the idea of those retards thinking that killing animals which do absolutely nothing bad is a fucking great idea. what the fuck is wrong with those morons? did you ran out of cats and dogs you can torture?
>>
>>28386356
BAN ASSAULT POTATOES!!!
>>
>>28386456
>mfw I torture big spiders any time I see them
using butane torches is my go to way to kill spiders. carb cleaner is a close 2nd.
>>
>>28386456
it works because bugs dont feel pain
>>
>>28386471
I would applaud them if they pelted a fucking wild boar to death with their potato gun. do boar do anything but fuck shit up and cause problems?
>>
Well OP, let's scale it up a little.

Say you have access to no medical care whatsoever beyond licking your wounds, and I launch a barrel sized potato at you. I break several of your ribs, give you severe whiplash, and potentially fuck up quite a few of your tendons, but you are able to limp away and die hours to days later in a haze of pain and massive internal bleeding. Does that sound like a good way to die to you?

How about if I take a piece of rebar and weld a pointed head on it, and drive it trough your leg with enough force to break bone. You can then limp away and either be scarred for life or die when you succeed in pulling it free and bleed to death. Same question.

>But by that point of view why are you killing to begin with

Because it is the way of things. You need all the amino acids. But there's a difference between killing to eat, for pest control or some other practical purpose and faffing about casually inflicting ruinous injury just because you can.

You're killing the critter to eat him so you can live another day, or because he is a threat to your well being or the well being of society in general. That is the culmination of his life, that is what he is dying for. Show him the respect of being quick, rather than deliberately drawing out the process because it amuses you.

Alternatively
>lol it's squirrels guyz, who gives a shiiiiiiizzzz
>>
>>28386507
>comparing squirrels to people
>>
>>28386356
I've done this before but not with potato's. A friend and I got really good at making sabot rounds for our 4inch cannon that we could launch all kinds of shit like hex nuts, nails, homemade flechette rounds, and anything we could stuff down the barrel. We got really bored one day and decided to try to kill a squirrel with it. So we loaded up a flechette sabot round and walked up the trail in the woods with a 10foot cannon. We see a squirrel eating a nut in up in a tree, we take aim gas the bitch up with starting fluid and fire it. About 10 flechettes take flight in a wide spread and atleast 2 impacted the squirrel one going strait through and the other pinning it to the tree. Luckily the tree was pretty easy to climb and the flechettes didn't do that much damage the the meat. Then we fried the squirrel and ate it. Such is life being a rural fag.
>>
It's only okay if you nail them to a tree by shooting them with a powder actuated nail gun.
>>
So many bitter, edgy fucking neckbeards on this board...
>>
>>28386552
powder actuated nail guns are serious shit. I blew my finger open with a powder charge before.
>>
File: 1443067431486.jpg (211 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1443067431486.jpg
211 KB, 1280x853
>>28386456
hunters are psychopaths. unless you live in the wild, you can walk into a store to buy meat. we kill because its fun.
>>
>>28386522
>I don't want to give the same respect I'd want
>>
>>28386669

>meat from the wild
>the price of a single bullet if you're accurate
>meat from the store
>variable on quantity
>>
>>28386669
How much hunting of any kind do you actually do?

I live a in a modern society but I still hunt to preserve the skill incase it is needed, which has been in living generations, and so I can pass it on to my kids for the same reason.

Death is not what I find pleasant to it at all.
>>
>>28386479
BAN PHYSICS!
>>
File: 49805_front.jpg (596 KB, 1500x1928) Image search: [Google]
49805_front.jpg
596 KB, 1500x1928
>>28386669
Lazy.

>>28386692
>>28386693
You're retarded.
>>
>>28386676
It's a good thing the squirrels can't fight back

Don't be such an autist
>>
>>28386711
Don't be surprised if some animal rights nutter doesn't end you with a gun either. And there will be people who don't feel bad, you can't just do evil shit nonstop and think it's gonna be ok.
>>
File: 1432424875294.jpg (157 KB, 484x700) Image search: [Google]
1432424875294.jpg
157 KB, 484x700
>>28386693
the skill? in the event we revert to forest people or shtf?
>>
>>28386356

>there are people out there that thing this shit is a-okay

Fuck, I hate people. Kill clean or put your fucking toy away, because that's what you're treating a firearm like.
>>
File: 1443283888128.png (157 KB, 481x394) Image search: [Google]
1443283888128.png
157 KB, 481x394
>>28386490
You say that to make yourself feel better
>>
>>28386676
no. because they're fucking squirrels. I'm superior to them.
>>
>>28386751

They literally don't have pain receptors. That being said, maiming living creatures for fun is fucked up.
>>
>>28386761

if you don't treat your lessers with respect, you deserve none in turn.
>>
>>28386738
>treating a firearm like a toy
>no firearms anywhere in the video
I don't understand.
>>28386726
>evil shit
it's a rodent. chill the fuck out, peta. they're fucking stupid, but atleast they ate what they killed, even if they killed shit in a retarded fashion.
>>
>>28386726
>animal rights nutter

Absolute fucking cancer. These fucks let loose a whole farm full of mink in my area, most everyone with chickens lost a few, and local ecosystem was flooded with mink for several months.

>evil
I generally try to get clean kills when possible, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with using squirrels as convenient moving targets. Its no different than shooting a tree, yeah both are alive but unless it's some special rare or useful tree nobody should give a fuck
>>
>>28386788

It's a weapon. You point that thing at me and I'll fucking kill your ass dead.
>>
>>28386773
oh no, I won't be respected by the squirrel king. what am I going to do? I don't condone using retarded methods like that to kill squirrels, but I'm not about to compare the life of a squirrel to that of a person.
>>
>>28386736
Incase food is not attainable from the store anymore, are you following?

War has starved Finns who would be in their late 60 or early 70s. Many are starving right now because of catashtrophe. I have a natural buffer there, that is somehat made sporting by going for "trophy animals." I have no false conceptions about that, I still hunt for the meat and to stay skilled, and I believe the concept of trophy animals is embraced is many western cultures as a way to limit what people want to shoot and add actual stalking or at least one more layer of challenge in the animals favor. Spikes gets to live unless I NEED to eat. Same for does. Those are fair game if it is the best food available in the situation.

I question the humanity of farm raised slaughterhouse factories anyway. We go after badasses roughing it in their primes, most get away too. Cattle and chickens live pretty miserable lives in much of the world.
>>
>>28386796

this isn't about animal rights, it's about fucking respect.
>>
>>28386797
you specifically said they were treating a firearm like a toy, but there weren't any firearms, and they only pointed them at squirrels.
>>
>>28386798

Respect from your superiors, you twit, and more importantly, your peers.
>>
>>28386669
Cant buy deer in my state.

Deer is so tasty so is elk.

I dont eat beef or pig(unless ive hunted it)
Thr only other meet i eat, that i buy is chicken. Everything else i hunt.

I hunt turkey, deer, elk, pig. Growing up i ate a lot of squirrel and rabbit that my grandmother would kill in her garden.
>>
>>28386817
like who? you? I don't give a shit about your respect. go let a raccoon fuck you or something.
>>
>>28386796
I'm against not trying for a clean kill more than anything. If you want to plink on squirrels, some people would tell you that's what they're there for. Just don't be an ass and allow more suffering than you can prevent.
>>
>>28386820

How's squirrel taste, anyway?
>>
>>28386803
Respect for what? A bag of meat that can move around?

Why should I respect an individual squirrel that will be replaced almost immediately when it dies, and contributes nothing to me personally or our society in general?
>>
>>28386834
>Just don't be an ass and allow more suffering than you can prevent.
this. fuck squirrels, but don't needlessly make them suffer. atleast bring a gun as backup so a squirrel doesn't limp away with a dart in its ass.
>>
>>28386842
just use a large rock
>>
>>28386853
if you can easily and consistantly finish off a squirrel with a large rock, then sure, go for it.
personally I would just bring a little 22 or something along to finish the job if needed.
>>
>>28386842
It's really not alot to ask, and NO ONE in their right mind will ever give you shit about it.
>>
>>28386833

There's consequences for shitty behavior. Doing shit like this shows a profound lack of self-respect.
>>
>>28386837

jesus christ it's not that fucking hard. Don't let your prey suffer unduly. For what fucking reason are you maiming fucking squirrels? Does it give you a fucking hardon?
>>
>>28386858
wait, I thought I was supposed to be seeking respect from my peers and superiors? how did self respect come into this? no self respecting man would consider himself an equal to a rodent.
>>
>>28386875

God. Damn. If people this dumb are getting weapons, government just come and take the fucking things.
>>
>>28386890
>Say you have access to no medical care whatsoever beyond licking your wounds, and I launch a barrel sized potato at you. I break several of your ribs, give you severe whiplash, and potentially fuck up quite a few of your tendons, but you are able to limp away and die hours to days later in a haze of pain and massive internal bleeding. Does that sound like a good way to die to you?
this is you, comparing the life of a squirrel to that of a person.
and I'm sure you'd for the government to take guns away, squirrel fucker. Shove nuts up your ass and let squirrels eat them out of it, faggot
>>
>>28386863
I don't maim squirrels, I've had a few I got bad shots on with a pellet gun and got away but that's it

I'm just saying that people who sperg out over supposed "animal cruelty" or some shit (like you see on the comments of every jewtube hunting video) should mind their own business and stop obsessing over something that doesn't affect them in any way
>>
>>28386905
>>Say you have access to no medical care whatsoever beyond licking your wounds, and I launch a barrel sized potato at you. I break several of your ribs, give you severe whiplash, and potentially fuck up quite a few of your tendons, but you are able to limp away and die hours to days later in a haze of pain and massive internal bleeding. Does that sound like a good way to die to you?
This seems like a pretty haunting lesson in why doing this to an animal is fucked up, desu senpai
>>
>>28386836
they taste delicious if you cook them well. Good with soy, or in a stew.
Some say they taste "gamey" but it seems to me this is mostly people who've only eaten super fatty corn fed beef
>>
>>28386907

Because the crazy shits that take hammers to a rat's lets for shits and giggles you can easily see justifying doing it to a bum. Then it's a fucking problem.
>>
Makes me want to try hunting with a blowgun
>>
>>28386926
I never said I approved of the video. I specifically said I don't condone stupid shit like this, but if you want to do it, atleast bring a gun as backup so you can end any unneeded suffering and don't leave a squirrel limping through the woods with a dart in its ass.
>>
>>28386905

Jesus fucking christ. Go and read what you just wrote. Read that shit.
>>
>>28386946
I agree with that though. Shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>28386356
>combustion chamber by his head
Naw man, just naw.
>>
>>28386943
>thinks taking a hammer to rats is crazy

Traps are better, but a hammer or 6" decking board isn't the worst solution if you see one running around
>>
>>28386956
You misread the posts if you think I don't.

Go to sleep Ivan, you're new years drunk.
>>
>>28386943
>can easily see justifying doing it to a bum.
now that's just retarded slippery slope shit. There's no logical reason to assume someone that shoots a squirrel with a blowgun is going to start fucking up bums. They actually even ate the squirrels they killed. Are yo going to pretend they're going to be cannibals now too?
>>
>>28386968

Yeah, my bad, few beers in
>>
>>28386972

People who torture animals for fun, especially as kids, tend to go on to be awful fucking people. It's not difficult.
>>
>>28386905
I posted >>28386507 and I haven't posted again until now. If you're gonna bitch at me bitch at me directly, don't attribute my text to some trolling lickspittle that's been spraying his defecation about the thread.

If you'd actually read the text you're quoting you'd see I'm not comparing the life of a person to the life of a squirrel, I'm trying to show you in the simplest, most relateable and easily understood terms possible that what was done to those critters in that video is an absolutely shitty way to go.

Such suffering should be earned rather than inflicted in the name of amusement.
>>
>>28386983
sorry anon, I saw some animal nutter getting autistic of SLM and assumed he posted that too.
>>
>>28386981
>People who torture animals for fun, especially as kids, tend to go on to be awful fucking people
>implying they aren't already
>>
>>28386456
>Hunting to main, or causing undue suffering for one's own pleasure is a sign of psychopathy.
Pleasure had through hunting with a potato gun isn't the same as that of tormenting the animal. Any suffering is incidental rather than the point of it and not indicative of psychopathy.
>>
>>28387000

Alright, awfuler, with more means to harm those around them as adults.
>>
>>28386981
I'm curious if there's actually any backing to this, or if it's just fuddlore that people parrot all the time? you have to be pretty fucked in the head to torture animals for amusement, but how many cases have there actually been?
>>
>>28386983
I could write up just as horrific sounding description of, say, a ballpoint pen breaking.

You're assuming that squirrels feel pain the same way humans do, and if they do that it's somehow worth worrying about. Which it isn't.
>>
>>28387003

Well, now you're getting into whether hunting for sport is an acceptable thing, and that's a morality question we're probably not going to agree on.
>>
>>28387003
yeah, I don't think hunting with obscure, inefficient weapons is really the sign of a psychopath serial killer. did they actually bag any squirrels with the potato gun?
>>
>>28387014

They have the same network of nerves and pain receptors we do. They certainly experience pain the same way.

Why wouldn't we be concerned with the pain of an animal? We as humans have, theoretically, the capacity for empathy. It's a core tenet of society.What does it cost us to extend that to an animal, even if it's our prey?
>>
>>28387028
nigga it's a fucking squirrel. calm down with the Squirrel Lives Matter shit.
>>
>>28387013
Albert DeSalvo

Boyd Malvo

BTK killer

Jeffrey Dahmer

Jesus it's hard to find a serial killer that -didn't- start out killing animals for amusement
>>
>>28387037

I dunno. It's just the way I was raised to hunt. You clip a bird, you find that fucker fast and wring its neck. It's as much for your benefit as the bird's.
>>
>>28387049
how many people have killed animals for amusement and didn't become serial killers though? I'm guessing that list would probably be bigger if it existed.
>>
>>28387028
>what does it cost

Generally a few seconds and a willingness to let some go, which i am ok with and generally practice.

I do support killing animals cleanly when possible

I don't support getting on someone's case when they use fun and inventive methods to kill pest animals, that happen to result in some less clean kills.
>>
>>28387057
yes. no one is saying you should wound animals and leave them to suffer. Everyone is agreeing with you that you should shoot to kill. But that doesn't mean you should treat the pain a squirrels feels to what a person would feel.
>>
>>28387062
>I don't support getting on someone's case when they use fun and inventive methods to kill pest animals, that happen to result in some less clean kills.
So essentially you're human trash
>>
>>28387078
lol
get a load of this faggot
>>
File: vegancommie.png (1 MB, 1645x729) Image search: [Google]
vegancommie.png
1 MB, 1645x729
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rev4QSi89Rs
reminds me of this cuck
>>
>>28387060

Goddamn anon, how many people do you know torture animals?

It's a sign of a lack of empathy, and generally when you have so little ability to connect with others that's going to translate into valuing human life in about the same manner.
>>
>>28387049
It's hard to find a mass killer that hasn't owned a gun, guns must be evil.
>>
>>28387083
>generally when you have so little ability to connect with others that's going to translate into valuing human life in about the same manner.
again, I'm just curious if there's actually any real basis to this, or if it's just fuddlore people parrot all the time.
>>
File: inigo1-e1424122831605.jpg (21 KB, 347x300) Image search: [Google]
inigo1-e1424122831605.jpg
21 KB, 347x300
>>28387096
>fuddlore
>>
>>28386356
how much energy do those actually have on impact?

It's obviously spread out over a greater area with a potato, but I mean hunting small game, with small game arrows (aka blunt force arrows) is perfectly fine.
>>
>>28387119
human trash
>>
>>28386471
>autism: the post
squirrel taste good faggot. You eat chicken don't you? What do chickens do bad that squirrels don't?
>>
>>28387078
Either post a valid reason why we should care about the last few minutes of a squirrel some guy hundreds of miles away shot, or shut up
>>
>>28387096

>fuddlore

Uh.

And c'mon man, you've got google, use it

Animal abuse is more prevalent in homes that experience child abuse and domestic violence
(Ascione & Shapiro, 2009; Ascione, 2007).

Animal cruelty is included as one of the symptoms of “conduct disorder” (American Psychiatric
Association, 2013).

Family pets may be targets of threats, harm, or killing to “emotionally blackmail” and coerce
human victims to comply with and remain silent about abuse (Arkow, 2014).

When children witness violence in the home, they are at increased risk of displaying violence
toward animals (Currie, 2006).

43% of school shooters have animal abuse in their background (Arluke & Madfis, 2013).

Source: NDAA's ASPCA report
>>
>>28387137
they're just minding their own business in their own home. How would you like it if I barged into your house and shot you with a fucking cannon, then put you on a stick and ate you, asshole?
>>
>>28387140
Squirrel
Lives
Matter

They didn't do nothing to deserve it
>>
>>28387132
Is this some like 0/10 bait?
>>
>>28387148
Nobody would care because you were worthless alive and tasted good dead, and will soon be replaced by another squirrel
>>
>>28387159
>implying that squirrel wouldn't have created the cure for cancer
>>
>>28387159

hey c'mon now squirrels have an ecological niche
>>
>>28387015
For me taking pleasure from the act of hunting is acceptable, i think it's "natural" for lack of a better word and not indicative of any damage. Whether it's morally acceptable is a tougher question but i certainly don't think someone that hunts because they enjoy it is a psychopath whether they eat the animal afterwards or not.
>>
>>28387169

I'll agree with you, not a 'psychopath,' but it just seems unnecessary. Then again when I hunt it's not out of necessity either, even if I eat what I kill, so I don't really have an argument to stand on there.
>>
>>28387167
The death rate of squirrels from hunting is negligible compared to natural causes
>>
>>28387167
Is that niche "being tasty"?
>>
>>28387207

Yeah it was a 'joke'
>>
>>28387212

Hey now that's a good niche to have, ensures your species survival around humans.....mostly, though we ate the shit out of those galapagos turtles
>>
>>28386855
I take shits larger than squirrels, it wont be a problem
>>
>>28387243
you might want to see a doctor, dude. maybe a nutritionist.
>>
>>28387082
That faggot is pretty much the anti-thesis of everything I believe in.
>>
>>28386726
>Animal rights activist
>Able or willing to use a firearm
Pick one.
>>
>>28387148
I would feel like prey. Good thing that AS A HUMAN BEING, I am at the top of the food chain as a apex predator, and worry less about that.

Being at the top of the food chain is where we stay until something better comes along and unseats us.
>>
What's the big deal?
When I was a wee lad my father and I were driving around the farm.
Inna hay field.
See a jack rabbit but no 22.
My dad tells me I can't get it, so naturally I have to try.
I chase it and it jumps in the tall hay and gets tangled up. I catch up a give it a kick. It was wounded but still alive. So it gets one more kick in the noggin and it's over. Jack rabbits are destructive to hay fields. Eliminating pests is just part of being human.
>>
>>28386765

Its not that simple. The reason pain is unpleasant is it invokes distress. Although insects do not possess pain receptors it does not mean they cannot feel distressed or have emotions.

Read this:

http://relaximanentomologist.tumblr.com/post/51301520453/do-insects-feel-pain
>>
>>28387908
>tumblr
Blow me
>>
>>28387931
>le tumblr is bad meme

kill yourself my man
>>
>>28386507
Still dont give a shit
>>
>>28386797
I agree with this guy. If I see a potato cannon coming up my driveway, I'm gonna assume the worst, and my brain tells me it's a compressed air marble shooter.
My yard, some retard with a weapon, to me, he's dangerous . then I can shoot the fucker for real, with rubber balls, bean bags, whatever. This is Texas. You do not fuck around in Texas.
>>
>>28386490
Try telling that to an ant under a magnifying glass. Or a slug, I never new they were capable of moving so fast...
>>
>>28386669
>Implying breeding animals in a factory is more humane than than killing them in the wild
>>
>>28386356
/out/ and /an/ are that way ----->
>>
File: 1448462497324.jpg (2 KB, 104x125) Image search: [Google]
1448462497324.jpg
2 KB, 104x125
>>28387037
>Squirrel Lives Matter
>>
File: CruelandUnusualPunishment.jpg (146 KB, 1200x705) Image search: [Google]
CruelandUnusualPunishment.jpg
146 KB, 1200x705
>>28386480
>eating
>doors open because montana smells great
>fucking shitheel wasp lands on my plate
>demands my food
>just kidding he doesn't ask, he just lands on my shit like the prick he is.
>fine, time to make the world a better place
>grab closest object I can weaponize
>pic related
>filled with rage, ready to wreck this bitch
>body acts on its own, trainedtokill.png
>douse wasp in sriracha, should drown right?
>nope, Sriracha is too heavy. Wasp swimming in my Sriracha.
>empty a fourth of the bottle on him
>I can see him spasming and jerking
>sudden realization
>spicy food wrecks my bhole
>if I was swimming in Sriracha I would be crying for salvation
>what have I done, I must save you wasp-san.
>drag him out onto dry area of plate
>he ded
>rethink my life
>>
>>28386480
I like turning compressed air cans upside down and freezing spiders. It's very quick, clean, makes disposal easy.

When I was younger I used to shoot them with airsoft guns, but damn their pieces fly about everywhere.
>>
>>28390131
What are you saying? Using pepper spray is justified in a self-defense scenario.
>>
>>28386669
And you're just plain brain dead if you think the meat you buy at the store was handled any more "humanely" then hunted game.
>>
>>28390512
>self defense
I guess he did come on my property, I have a right to defend my food.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.