[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's nearly time. You guys found your targets yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9
File: vets-1.jpg (104 KB, 960x639) Image search: [Google]
vets-1.jpg
104 KB, 960x639
It's nearly time.
You guys found your targets yet?
>>
>>28382821
Faggot.
>>
>>28382848
hahaha
somebody's scared of loud noises
>>
>>28383299
many of people are scared of loud noises kiddo
>>
>>28383313
>kiddo
>scared of loud noises

Ask how I know you're a faggot
>>
If you lived through Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, or Afghanistan, then you should be able to handle a few hours of fireworks.
>>
>>28382821
>>28383299
Its assholes like you that light off quarter sticks of dynamite in the street at midnight on new years and 4th of july and set off my daughters asthma attacks when she's sound asleep.

One of these times one of those veterans is going to have a PTSD moment to shoot you and get off scott free, and nobodies going to miss you...
>>
>>28383331
such edge. Go back to /b/
>>
>>28383313
The only thing I know which is scared of fireworks is my 20lbs dog. Veterans can go fuck themselves if they cant handle the freedom.
>>
>>28383378
I want this to happen so bad. People really don't understand PTSD on this board.
>>
>>28383415
Watch out guys we have a real hard ass here.
>>
>>28383431
because it isn't real, you faggot welfare queens are just pussy ass bitches and just use it as an excuse for special treatment and to boost your VA pay.
>>
>>28383505
meh 2/10 you should try harder
>>
muh convoy got hit with an IED once
I got PTSD now
Please don't use fireworks within a 1 mile radius of my house
>>
>>28383378

Did people in past was have PTSD at the rate we have now or are their just more pussies now?
>>
>>28383576
>or are their just more pussies now?
Patton isnt around anymore to glove slap them.
>>
Yep gonna fire mine over a recent combat vets nice to try and get him to go postal.
>>
>>28383431
PTSD is kind of like Autism, an excuse to be an asshole.
>>
>>28383390
>such edge

Are you fucking serious?

Learn to dissociate loud noises from bad things (try being next to a 40 ton punch press when the cast frame lets go), don't be a whining faggot.

If you seriously can't do this, just grit your teeth and sit through it, don't try to ruin other peoples fun
>>
>>28383541
You should read a book. PTSD is treated through exposure. The only thing these little signs are accomplishing are enabling and weakening people who could easily get better if liberal arts majors would stop spoonfeeding and coddling clients.
>>
>>28383576
Mostly it's just "vets" who didn't see any combat collecting a little more money.
>>
>>28383650
This. Go to your local vfw and meet them
>>
>>28383576
my grandfather had it pretty bad after ww2. hard to get accurate numbers.
>>
>>28383632
grasping at straws like a madman

hope you don't own any guns because you get pissed off EASY
>>
>>28383576
>Did people in past was have
Most of it these days are just "rape" victims and hurt feelings...

But PTSD was only really recognized in the '80s, and before that it was shellshock, depression, or just plain mental instability.

Its only so recognized now because of the internet, news and media outlets.

But seriously, People like these who literally go out of their way to target veterans with fireworks because they need to get their high and be special snowflakes are pretty low in my book.
>>
>>28383378
Well that's not how ptsd works, really. It's not a "go murdercrazy" button, and you realize even if it were he'd be more likely to strangle his wife than load up, walk across the street, take aim at the one giy who tossed a quarter stick, shoot them, and suffer zero legal issues over it...

You and your daughter can always move somewhere quieter... Like east bumfuck or innadesert... Or syria.
>>
>>28383378
>loud noises can trigger asthma attacks
know how I know you're retarded?
>>
>>28383431
>>28383576
>i fought for your freedoms
>cept this one
>>
>>28383378

Pretty sure he'd not get off Scott free. I'm sure he'd not be allowed to even own a gun, due to him having mental issues.
>>
>>28384002
yes being startled by noises cant cause breathing issues
>>
>being a shithead and disturbing the peace

Go shoot roman candles at your friends butthole in the field faggotron.
>>
>>28383378
More like one of those vets are going to try shooting someone and it will turn out the person is carrying a gun as well and kills the vet in self defense and gets off scott free.
>>
>>28383629
All too often
>>
>>28383663
The stories they tell too, pure bull
>>
>>28383576
complete pussies now, my grand father served as a medic in the pacific war. Stormed a lot of beaches and seen some serious fucked up shit.

One of the last things that happen to him during the war was he was stationed on one of the islands can't remember which but it was stormed by Japanese soldiers who killed everyone on the island except for my grand father who hid himself under the bodies of his fellow soldiers for a entire day.

Can you imagine how fucked up that must have been being under a pile of your fellow brothers dead corpses as Japs most likely snickered about until the island was retaken?

He never complained about anything or caused any trouble to anyone after the war and later died of a painful stomach cancer.
>>
Not even the dipshits with half sticks of dynamite, sometimes its the small quiet bangs that set some people off. Brother doesnt exactly have ptsd but when he hears quiet bangs he starts to have flash backs
>>
>>28385205
>shit that didn't happen
>>
I'm a combat vet and i don't understand the Muh Loud Noises thing. If you're cognitively aware of the likelihood of fireworks than you should be smart enough to expect fireworks. Not to mention that nobody reacts like that in combat so why do it at home? PTSD is for POGs with too many feelz
>>
>>28385222
>was posted on 4chan so it must have never happen
whatever you say kid.
>>
>>28382821
muh muh ptsd
>>
>>28383378
Im guessing your daughter has autism?
>>
>>28383415
+1
>>
File: rough seas ptsd.jpg (612 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
rough seas ptsd.jpg
612 KB, 1000x667
>>
File: only female on the submarine.jpg (467 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
only female on the submarine.jpg
467 KB, 1000x667
>>
>>28386616
Holy fucking cringe
>>
File: osprey flight today.jpg (602 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
osprey flight today.jpg
602 KB, 1000x667
>>
>>28386616
>>28386621
>>28386630
>no screaming wife and 3 kids in the background
>no half drank bottle of cheap booze
Not very accurate
>>
>>28386616
>>28386621
>>28386630

lol those filenames
>>
>>28386616
>Random mall ninja knife stuck to the wall top right
wat
>>
>>28383576
in the 50's most/many adults drank a 5th of hard liquor a day, if not more. It was much more acceptable to die in your late 70's of cirrhosis/heart failure/unknown cancer.

pretty much all human history up 'til the last ~100 years people were smashed 24/7.
>>
>>28386621
>>28386630
What is this emo bullshit...?
>>
>>28386622
This whole thread is cringe.
>>
>>28386630
>>28386616

Some one should make one where the dude in the mirror is pounding a bottle of jack and the dude not in the mirror is giving mirror man the thumbs up whilst doing the same thing

>little bit of realism wouldn't hurt
>>
>>28386616
MOMS GONNA FREAK
>>
File: 6wQ6jF4.png (270 KB, 804x964) Image search: [Google]
6wQ6jF4.png
270 KB, 804x964
My dad's got PTSD from the gulf war
>few years ago talking to him on phone
>tells me what he saw in iraq
>2 guys died in his arms
>he tired to put limbs back onto his soldiers
>he says he thinks about those families of the people that died in his arms
>>
>>28382821

welfare queens rekt
>>
File: masketta cia.jpg (31 KB, 440x619) Image search: [Google]
masketta cia.jpg
31 KB, 440x619
>>28387265
Back to your board, friend.
>>
>Driving home from work.
>See something burning on the side of the road.
>That smell comes back.
>Start to slow down and realize it's a box of fireworks.
>New problem, we have a fire hazard.
>Get out of the car and start to deal with it, no fire extinguisher, kicking myself for not prepping.
>Van pulls over and proceeds to tell me that they are calling 911 as I am flicking the box away from fire prone shit.
>You do that...
>Neighbor who happened to be in the area pulls over and we proceed to free the shit out of the fire as the people in the van waste time while telling us that the box might explode.
>Pack up and leave.
>>
>>28383576
We have records of knights waking up screaming in the middle of the night due to past battle related nightmares and at least one episode in which one went berserk-mode hearing metal clanking together in a manner that reminded him of weapons clashing.

It just wasn't talked about as much.
>>
>>28386621
I thought submarine service was voluntary?
Bitching about something you volunteer for is the highest grade of pathetic.
>>
>>28385211
This.

Got three dipshit teenagers arrested last night. They knew Im a vet (dont have ptsd though, or one of those gay signs, just a gossipy neighbor) so thought itd be a great idea to shoot Roman candles at my bedroom window at 4am.

Well, they broke the window and caught my yard on fire, and are now facing felony vandalism and a slew of misdemeanor charges including assault and communicating a threat.
>>
>>28386621
This is a textbook way on how to remove your face and stay alive.
>>
>>28383576
The Greeks write about stuff that's pretty PTSD sounding, one guy murders all the animals in his barn during a flashback.

>>28385205
Pacific vets didn't actually see much combat because the huge ocean and tiny islands. Vietnam veterans meanwhile had almost instant deployments thanks to helicopters.
>>
>>28388633
My grandfather was in the Pacific and never talked about it. He was wounded from shrapnel. The most I ever got out of him was some distant mumbling about "those fucking japs behind that tree..." and hating grenades. According to my uncle he saw a lot of combat. Back in detroit he apparently brained a dindu with a billy club.
>>
>>28387366
We also have records of Assyrian warriors who were "haunted by the souls of those slain in battle" which kind of sounds like PTSD to me. So yeah it's been around for a long time.
>>
>>28383378
Gun control is baaad......

Shooting a kid because you enlisted to lick boot and die for shareholders

Kys lel
>>
>>28388539
Get them to pay for the damages and tell the officers to give 'em a good scare before letting the little fuckers off the hook.. No need to ruin young lives unnecessarily. It's not like you didn't pull some stupid shit yourself when you were a teenager..
>>
>>28388994
You would fucking hope the Assyrians had it, they decorated Assur with the skins of their enemies.
>>
>>28387285

>Coworker is Gulf War vet
>tells stories of shooting down a hind with a HEAT from an M1A1, watching a disabled BMP light up its cannon in his direction and putting a sabot through it
>watching a national guard unit light off all its missiles from its MLRS just for shits and giggles and to say "hey we use them" at the next budget meeting
>aiming the big gun at bunkers and using the coax to spray down the interior if the guys inside didn't come out peacefully
>one idiot forgetting to switch to the coax and lighting off a HEAT into the bunker
>driving tanks on top of bunkers and shimmying them if the guys inside didn't want to come out peacefully, dropping the bunker's roof on top of them to save ammo.

He had a decent time there.
>>
>>28388633
YOU MEAN AJAX THE LESSER

My Illiad knowledge comes into play.
>>
>>28387366
This was actually in I Henry IV, too.
>>
>>28387366
>>28388994
Navajo believed that the spirits of the dead would haunt those that killed them in battle. So warriors went through a ritual blessing 4 times to ward off bad omens. Then they were obligated to never mention the battle again, so as to appease the dead and keep their spirits from returning. Part of the reason it's so hard to find Navajo Code Talkers from WWII willing to tell their story, it's against their belief system to retell tales of war.

There's a strong parallel between that and PTSD. Each Navajo trying to come to peace with themselves after battle and put the events behind them and not think of them again.

>I got lucky and had the opportunity to listen to a Navajo Code Talker speak at a campus years back
>>
>>28382821
"Please do me a solid. Thanks."

> DIS IS MURIKA MUH FREEDUM U CANT TEL ME WAT 2DO UR NOT MY REEL DAD

Nigger nobody's interfering with your freedoms. They're asking you to be polite. Holy fuck.
10/10 yes I took the b7 and I'm mad.
>>
>>28382821
I have PTSD from my watching my mom rot away from cancer. I don't get any special treatment. Learn your triggers and develop your own coping mechanisms. Even if you rage on someone after they set of fireworks and it startles you, you're ultimately responsible for your actions, moral responsibility vs nature/nuture debate aside. Don't blame others.
>>
>>28389059
...because 3 teenagers are gonna have the money to replace a high end triple pabe window and 20ft of scorched aluminum siding, and re sod the lawn?

Nah. Im gonna push to have them charged as adults. One is a month shy of 18 and the other two are halfway through 16. Not only was it intentionally malicious they are DEFINITELY old enough to know better.
>>
>>28386616
>PTSD
>Navy

Did the ice cream machine break down?
>>
>>28389325
I would give 'em a break but then again I'm nice like that and work as a youthcouncilor. Best scenario would be that the bastards would enlist to avoid jail so that they could learn about how its not funny to fuck with vets
>>
>>28389366
Well maybe if they hadnt shot the roman candles at me while laughing while I was running around barefoot in my boxers extinguishing maple trees, sure.

Theres a reason they were charged with assault.
>>
>>28389315
what a cancerous post
>>
>>28383576

One of my great uncles on my Mom's side cleaned up bodies on Okinawa during part of his service. He was never same and killed himself in the 70s.
>>
>>28389059
Firing fireworks at peoples house is not 'stupid shit', its a violent attack. Anybody who would do it is an asshole or messed up in the head.
>>
>>28389412
Well that's a different case altogether. Give 'em hell
>>
>>28385205
he probably lied to your stupid ass about what he did, a lot of soldiers in WW2 didnt see shit but ended up making up stories to keep up with the real infantry who fought.
>>
>>28389059
push to try them as adults, I have done a lot of stupid shit as a kid but the one type of person I hate more than anything is someone who vandalizes and destroys other peoples property.
>>
>>28385205
Was your grandfather Elias from Call of Duty ghosts? Because I bet he is. Also fake as fuck.
>>
>>28389278
If a veteran didn't want to be scared of my friends and I having fun with fireworks they should have not gone to a useless war to go murder people.
>>
>>28386616
Mirin dem abs
>>
>look at thread
>PTSD IS A LIE, DONT BELIEVE SJW BULLSHIT
>DURR VETS DESERVE IT FOR DOING ISRAEL'S BIDDING
>STOP BEING PUSSIES KEK
Just as expected. Carry on.
>>
Vet here,
Some asshole started blowing up firecrackers in my neighborhood and it felt like was back in Vietnam.

So I followed him through the jungle which was how my mind portrayed urban areas all the way to his mud hut which I guess was his shitty house, strangled his parents who my mind portrayed as NVA generals, slit his throat ,raped his Vietnamese wife who was actually just some gook Korean and proper executed his Children by hanging them to the ceiling fan

Damn it felt good to be back in Nam again.

Then my flashback ended and turns out I was just playing with my Daughter's dolls
>>
>>28387366

No we don't.
>>
>>28382821
>see sign
>set off plastic/gunpowder pipe bomb
>>
>>28383713
>tries to talk seriously about PTSD
>puts "rape" in dick-quotes because obviously only certain kinds of trauma can cause it
And once again we see why the pro-guns side always loses, most of us can't make a simple coherent argument without shooting ourselves in the foot before putting it in our mouth.
>>
>hear stories about my great uncle from my grandma
>when he came home he would scream in his sleep.
> I end up working with my 80 year old great uncle on the farm
> I avoided the topic of WW2 with him for a while.
> finally got comfortable enough to ask him about it.
> he was in training as a BAR man
> his first combat in the Philippines was throwing grenades in a hole whenever the cans they placed there made a sound.
> narrowly missed getting killed by a sniper, bullet went through the stock and fucked up his arm. Went to the hospital and left before getting a purple heart. He got it later though, one of my cousins got him recognised a few years ago. He cried. It was pretty sweet.
> told me tales of japs who spoke perfect english.
> he and another guy kept seeing a jap poke his head up in a crotch of a tree. Every time he saw movement the jap would duck away. They rig up an m2 with a string.
> boom never saw him again.
>I should see him before he dies
Thanks for reminding me /k/
>>
>>28391340
He put it in quotes because a lot of times when you see PTSD in america it's butthurt teenagers saying they got it from being sexually discriminated against their entire lives or someone called them a cunt and they got PTSD from it or some shit.
He wasn't implying that rape can't cause PTSD to develop.
>>
File: 1451515039289s.jpg (8 KB, 250x227) Image search: [Google]
1451515039289s.jpg
8 KB, 250x227
>>28391144
>>
>>28383331
how do i know you're a faggot?
>>
>>28383415
Do you know how I know you suck your dog's dick?
>>
>>28389325
And damn right you should, being a teenager is not an excuse to act as a rampaging asshole. We give them way too my much leeway and not enough discipline, that's why they turn into dipshits.
>>
>>28386616

>5 jars of hair wax

>3 tubes of hair gel

>Receding hairline

IT'S ALL OGRE
>>
File: nFX4Gnx.jpg (294 KB, 1160x979) Image search: [Google]
nFX4Gnx.jpg
294 KB, 1160x979
>>28386630

>Sign up for the Marines to zip Hajjis.

>Obama pulls all troops out of Iraq

>Massively cuts to all deployments to Afghanistan

>Have no cool combat pictures to post onto facebook

Hello Darkness my old friendo
>>
>>28383698
Not the guy you replied to; but picking fights like you are, maybe you should fuck off back to /b/ you filthy edgefag
>>
a friend of mine came back and gave me the same warning, and oh god i should have listened. It was 4am and me and some other friends decided to play a prank on him, so we set off a shitload of M80s in his yard. next thing any of us knew he came running out of his house naked with his rifle and was screaming something about "the fucking crab people". recently I found out he never deployed and was actually just crazy.
>>
>>28382821
this is literally
>LOOK AT ME IM SPECIAL I SERVED LOOK PLEASE NOTICE ME PLEASEEEEEEEE NO FIREWORKS NOTICE MEEEE

Fuck off. I will blow up whatever i want
>>
>>28383505
you tried
>>
>>28383576
My Grandfather had it from Vietnam.

But he never whined about it. Infact, he denied he had it most of the time, but the 1000-Yard-Stare would give it away sometimes.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.