[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to prevent panic buys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 729x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 729x635
/k/, what can we, as a gun community, do to prevent panic buys like Sandy Vagina in the future?
>>
>>28381716
stop the media from making every emo faggot that decides to shoot up the place a hollywood grade martyr for one.
>>
>>28381716
Buy shit before there's something that merits panic buying.

Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do. You could choose to stop buying, on the rationale that if nobody supports the industries hiking up prices, they'll lower them since there's no demand. But that'll never happen.

If there's one thing to be learned on this earth, is that you and your ideals, beliefs, values and convictions are yours and entirely your own. Expect nobody to stand by you, because when the time comes for people to stand up together for something, if you're not one of the faggots running you'll be the only moron left standing all by yourself with no reward. And if that's going to be the case, you better be armed and well stocked because you can expect the world to remain the same and you'll be on your own.
>>
>>28381716
I had 20k rounds of 9mm on hand when the panic started. I had to trim back the amount I was shooting stop reloading for a bit. But, you have to have stock on hand. We're at the point where people have a lot left from post SH and that's why you're not seeing the panic right now. Given that metals prices are down, now is the time to buy buy buy and avoid anything that might happen in the future.
>>
>>28381808
You can start by not shilling your garbage jewtube channel on here
>>
>buy your shit in bulk
>you should be doing this anyways
>buy as many mags as you reasonably think you need
>give not a single fuck about hurr muh panic buy and actually shoot as a hobby
>>
>>28381862
Maybe we should talk about the value of reloading when panic sets in. Primers are easy to find right now. Brass is always easy, and bullets are cheap and instock. The 8lb jugs of powder are the problem right now.

I can crank out 800/rds and hour on my Dillon 650. Two days of winter reloading and I have a full Steel/IDPA season worth of ammo and I do it for about 11 cents a round.
>>
>>28381894
You shoot 9mm right?
>>
>>28381894
>Dillon 650

is that the most preferred press? I was thinking that or a Lee single stage but single stage is slow.
>>
>>28381907
Mostly
>>
>bakelite
>>
>>28381716
dont panic
>>
>>28381931
Among competition shooters, yes the 650 is the most popular. Single stage is slow unless you're loading rifle rounds for precision and you're not shooting hundreds in a session. The 550 is nice, but it's a manual index and it's slower and easy to botch up if you're not 100 focused on the manual steps of operating that press.

The total cost to get everything you need, 650, to reload is about $1300. Books, press, tools, gauges, tumblr, scales...
>>
>>28381716
The same way you stop lemmings from running off a cliff.

The individual human is relatively intelligent with respect to the rest of the animal kingdom. But just like any other species that groups together in herds, humans fall victim to mob mentality. Our leaders, the media can start, steer and stop a mass movement in any way they see fit. If the media decides to blow up an issue, it gets the public's attention and cause the public to react. In the case of panic buying, the threat of private property becoming illegal or hard to obtain due to the reporting of a sudden tragic event or political posturing inevitably leads to the gun community to communicate with one another. The rhetoric within the gun community quickly cascades into the mobilization of its members to purchase anything any everything that they believe may be threatened by the reported tragedy and political posturing. The best way to break the self-sustaining cascade of panic buying is to sit tight and not over-react to what is reported by the media.

Panic buying is more of an instinct rather than a logical conclusion of an individual. I an individual sees a group of people running down a street in fear, he or she will become hyper-aware of why the group is doing so, in many cases, he or she will join the group to protect his or herself as well. If that same individual decides to not participate in the mob mentality occurring in front of them, then he or she effectively takes part in breaking the self-sustaining cascade of panic.

TL;DR: Best way to prevent a panic buy: go to the pub, have a pint, and wait for the whole thing to blow over.
>>
>>28381964

I plan on getting one real soon, any reason not to get a cheaper model such as http://www.midwayusa.com/product/679228/hornady-lock-n-load-ap-progressive-press
>>
>>28381964
I'm not the OP anon, but cool beans. Everyone I've talked to says get a Dillon 650. Nice to see another anon agree.
>>
>>28382047
Choice. The 650 reputation for quality is unmatched. Dillon has a no questions asked service policy. Need a part, just call and they send it to you at no cost.

I would build this package and add the 650 instead of the 550, that's what I did
http://www.brianenos.com/store/dillon.ez.550nrtop.html

You want the top notch accessories, like the roller handle, the strong mount and the tools.

Maybe you can find a deal that's $150 or $200 cheaper and get another press. I love my 650 and have no regrets at all about buying it or what it cost. It was totally worth it.
>>
>>28382109
Yeah, I would not get the 550. The auto index on the 650 makes reloading idiot proof (I can do it and haven't blown anything up) and it's about 300 rounds an hour faster than the 550.
>>
>>28382019
This isn't going to blow over.

We have a window of opportunity between now and when Hillary gets elected. We have another, narrower and more expensive window between then and her probable election. At which point Sandy Vagina becomes normal.

Everything to do with the shooting sports is a commodity now. Stock up. A government induced famine looms. Best case scenario, I'm fulla shit and you made some nice lifetime investments anyway.
>>
>>28382193
You're right, and I agree.
>>
>>28381891
this guy gets it.
>>
>>28382124
>this
use enos, get the 650 "as it should be package" and have no regrets
>>
>>28381808
Okay, dude unless your a competition shooter, your not running out of 20,000 rounds in a year your going to kill a few barrels before that happens.
>>
>>28383680
Well, I do about 12,000 rounds a year.
>>
I fucking hate faggot shit like this because as a beginner it severely limits what you can buy if you're a poorfag.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.