[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it better to store guns standing in the open or cased?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: arsenal.jpg (353 KB, 1244x961) Image search: [Google]
arsenal.jpg
353 KB, 1244x961
Is it better to store guns standing in the open or cased?
>>
>>28379995
You shouldn't store them in such a way that they may become dislodged and fall. Get a rack or lie them down.
>>
>>28379995
Generally cased, but if you have low humidity it shouldn't be an issue
>>
>>28379995
Holy shit, dust your fucking shelf
>>
>>28379995
all mine are standing up in the safe wrapped in bore stores
>>
>>28380020
Jesus people are disgusting
>>
>>28379995
>Anime shit
>All rugers
Yeah id expect this
>>
>>28379995
Ruger fanboy?

How's the scout?
>>
>>28379995
I find it ironically hilarious that one of the statutes you spent all that money on, but refuse to take care of, has a mop in her hand.
>>
You want to avoid standing then upright because over time gravity will pull on the materials of the gun like the barrel and bolt causing them to distort slightly reducing accuracy and reliability.

You also want to avoid paying them down in a car because the barrel will sag and become oval over time. Then it's a pipe bomb.

Suspend your guns by copper wire in a sealed container of oil. Since oil is a non-compressable fluid, it'll prevent any sagging or distortion of the guns materials over the life of the guns.

When you're ready to shoot, just shoot and the oil will smoke off and self lube.

Grandpa does it this way with his deer rifle and it's a solid tack driver.
>>
>>28379995
You shouldnt keep your guns in your kids room. He might scratch your guns with some of those homo toys.
>>
>>28380041
Really? I thought the Ruger stereotype would be a 60 year old fat guy who never served but rants about gooks and slants

>>28380082
Maybe it's a little girl's room :^)
>>
>>28380071
>gravity will pull on the materials of the gun like the barrel
lol
>>
1. You should display them, but in a manner where they are not easily knocked over.
2. Dust your room.

>>28380041
The figures cost far more, this man has his priorities.
>>
>>28380136
3. Is that a Mucha print?
>>
>>28380103
No way, a girl would dust those shelves! ;)
>>
File: file.png (309 KB, 1155x1155) Image search: [Google]
file.png
309 KB, 1155x1155
>>28379995
I was storing my 10/22 in this, then learned I shouldn't be using these as long term storage due to moisture absorption. So now I just have it in open air laying on a desk.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.