[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, the SIG MCX can't stand up to even light weight abuse.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9
File: P1380695-900x601.jpg (154 KB, 900x601) Image search: [Google]
P1380695-900x601.jpg
154 KB, 900x601
So, the SIG MCX can't stand up to even light weight abuse. Would not with stand military trials. Why do people buy these "Not ARs". They have no historical significance, they aren't interesting mechanically, they are just special snow flake guns that do nothing better than an AR-15 and just do things worse. I understand the 5.56 market can be kind of stale, but nobody wants these things.
>>
File: LightRifle2.jpg (78 KB, 1024x386) Image search: [Google]
LightRifle2.jpg
78 KB, 1024x386
>>28379127
>Sig Sauer
>customizable
>uses stanag mags
>literally 5 lbs unloaded

Good luck finding an AR worth a shit that light.
>>
>>28379147
You know you can build an AR, right? You aren't restricted to the image you posted. Why would anyone want a gun that fails as much as this one days?

Video related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFCQVLsrnk
>>
>new 5.56 rifle that comes out in the market that is marketed as NOT AN AR
>uses stanag mags or some ar feature that is a selling point

Fucking why?
>>
I fingerbanged an MCX a few days ago. I think I may pick one up in a couple months. I've missed having a really light, folding stock AR ever since I sold my LR-300 years ago. Looks like the MCX might be a good replacement.
>>
>>28379193
Just don't shoot it when it's damp out. It'll jam
>>
>>28379201
Got a link for that? I've heard nothing bit good things so far. Not that I can't believe it, just want a little proof if you have it.
>>
>>28379209
See >>28379158

It fucking fails at shit an AR would fly through. Not worth the price they're asking
>>
>Why does anyone drive a Wrangler when they could get a Prius?
>Why does anybody order pizza when they could fill up on water and crackers?
>Why does anyone date a female when there are plenty of single guys available?
>Why should I post something worthwhile when I can shitpost on /k/ about guns that I can't afford?
>>
>>28379229
Everyone of those is a terrible comparison. I think you bought an MCX.
>>
>>28379221
Again, not that I don't believe it, I would like a source for that so I can read up on it. All I'm finding so far is a mud test where it FTF'd until they split it open and shook it out.
>>
>>28379248
They also put it in water with a barrel plug and it failed horribly
>>
>>28379246
I did and it hasn't failed yet and fits in my duffel bag with the stock folded. Have fun pulling your upper and lower out of your bag in SHTF and putting it together as a horde of nignogs descend on you.
>>
File: 1451246809493.jpg (155 KB, 780x840) Image search: [Google]
1451246809493.jpg
155 KB, 780x840
>>28379270
>Bought a rifle for SHTF that can't handle mud or water with a barrel plug on
>>
>>28379268
I'll keep looking into it then, I was really liking the feel of the rifle. It is balanced really well and light as fuck.
>>
>>28379303
I just wouldn't use it as any kind of go to for a fight
>>
>>28379278
>Trusting the Tavor shill
Good goy
>>
>>28379316
It's literally on film him throwing it in and taking it out. No cuts. Keep trying, Sig shill
>>
>>28379270
>implying i use a duffel bag for my firearms
>implying everyone is as poor as you
>>
>>28379327
Could you link this? Cant find it.
>>
I still might buy one.

Bolt carrier group stayed very clean after he dumped it in the mud twice.
>>
>>28379332
>>implying i use a duffel bag for my firearms
How else would you bring them to school?
>>
>>28379365
What's the good of that if it doesn't fire or extract?
>>
>>28379364
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LFCQVLsrnk

Found it.
>>
>>28379364
Literally the second post in the thread. Use your brain
>>
>>28379147
What the fuck are you talking about? There are tons of 6 to 4lb AR's. I have one by my nightstand that weighs 5.3lbs unloaded.
>>
>>28379382
On mobile, just missed it.
>>
>Why would people buy a light weight sporting rifle that's designed for civilian shooters?
>>
>>28379418
>That costs more than just building a light AR
>>
This thread is the cancer that is affecting shooting as a hobby/sport.
>>
>>28379429
Yeah, the trend of copying the AR and trying to disguise it as innovation is cancer
>>
Looks like a lot of the problems would be solved with heavier springs and not using USGI mags.
>>
>>28379439
They use different mags in the video and it still has problems. Actually watch it
>>
File: IMG_1095[1].jpg (332 KB, 1280x863) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1095[1].jpg
332 KB, 1280x863
>>28379127
That hasn't stopped SOF from acquiring the .300BLK version. The AK47 variants can't handle the mud test either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX73uXs3xGU
>>
>>28379451
The mud test in that video isn't the same as in the MAC video. In fact that mud test is much worse in that video (Note, I don't mean worse as in "It's easier") .
>>
They should have added an adverse setting. Hopefully their new optics line wont be as bad.
>>
So true, why don't we just get rid of all other weapons, I mean, none of them do something better than ARs amirite
>>
>>28379487
I hope you're pretending to be retarded
>>
>>28379439
There is nothing wrong with USGI mags, the issues that stem from them is when they're 4 fucking years old and you're not allowed to use new springs, you're in the sandbox and the DoD is too busy telling snipers to commit war crimes in order to let Colt replace the shitty buffer springs for free.

It's also worth mentioning that the dust cover was closed so somehow, mud got into the action, most likely because it's a short stroke piston.

This ironically equates out to an advantage for the AR since everything in the gas tube is sealed, with the only openings being between the upper and lower if you got a loose fitting rifle, and if the dust cover is open.

>>28379451
>Literally shoves mud into action
>VS literally just throwing a rifle with closed dust cover into some muddy water
>Sig fags try to shill for their idiot purchases trying to justify not going the full 10 yards and buying a SCAR

>>28379487
When ARs and AKs cost the same, function just as reliably in the same sort of conditions, can shoot the same type of ammo, with the AR being easier to build and maintain, with the AR just seriously lacking decent short stroke and long stroke uppers, yeah, no real reason.

And when I say decent uppers, I mean not ARAK shit which is depressingly questionable because they couldn't make it fucking simple, nor fucking Serbu's fucking SCAR upper for the AR that they haven't delivered a single fucking one of even though they should have been shipped in fucking April.

I would still consider the AK relevant if retards didn't keep buying for 700+ dollars when they're only like 200 dollars to make in parts and steel on a CNC, and an extra 100 to assemble, mind you in the US, where in fucking Russia, Bulgaria, Romania and Serbia, they get military contracts to fill them out for less than 150 a unit + kit.
>>
>>28379541
We don't live in Russia, anon
>>
>>28379127
I stay away from Sig in general. Their QC is questionable.
>>
>>28379127
Sig rifles made anywhere other than Neuhausen, Switzerland are pieces of shit. The U.S. versions like the Sig 556 and 551A1 are garbage. I'd take an Olympic AR or some other cheapened AR over a Sig rifle any day.
>>
AR-15s are finished products too. It's been criticized then improved. The AR-15 isn't getting much better but it will not get worse. All these new piston AR like rifles never went though all that.
>>
>>28379147
Eh. A couple of BCM rifles are 5.7 and 5.8lbs, respectively. CMMG has a 6lb Mk4. The Colt AR6720 is 6.2lbs. Rock River has a 5.6 and a 5.8lb CAR. PSA has a 6.1lb carbine. Fulton Armory has the 5.7lb FAR-15. Bushmaser makes a 6lb XM-15.

An extra pound of weight for a rifle that actually works and doesn't fall apart when you shoot it isn't too much to ask your fat ass to carry, really.
>>
File: 1443942919304.jpg (35 KB, 351x351) Image search: [Google]
1443942919304.jpg
35 KB, 351x351
>>28379127
You know what they need to do? Or better what we need to do?
Take the special snowflake upper and meet it with a bullpup lower. The design that allows it to have a folding stock will also allow it to have a bullpup lower reciever.

A bullpup "AR" would be a better selling point than some "not AR". Just my opinion.
>>
>>28379127

MCX FAGS ON SUICIDE WATCH

MCX FAGS BELTS AND SHOELACES CONFISCATED

MAC CONFIRMED TOXIC, EVERY GUN HE TOUCHES ALLERGIC TO WATER
>>
>>28379248
Did you watch the link? The whole conclusion of the video is that water and fine debris cause the firearm to not cycle reliably.
>>
>>28379451
It's hard to compare this with the other video because the tests are quite different
>>
>>28379147
>literally 5 lbs unloaded
>shit that light
N-nutn Fancy?
>>
Watch his AR and AK torture test videos for comparison instead of shitposting like a bunch of 12 year old kids in a COD lobby.
>>
>>28379127

>So, the SIG MCX can't stand up to even light weight abuse.

A source or proof would be nice.
>>
>>28381195
Try looking a little in the thread
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
I have one and I love it so far. Admittedly, I was expecting better results from the MAC video. I hope to see more torture test videos; I was less than thrilled with the performance in the magic MAC mud
>>
File: 20151225_011846_2.png (2 MB, 2023x929) Image search: [Google]
20151225_011846_2.png
2 MB, 2023x929
>>28382056
>not buying the best 9mm SBR on the market
Kill yourself my man. You overpaid for a 9mm you could have made yourself. Chump.
>>
>>28382403
>9mm

You're retarded.
>>
>>28382056
Also is that a 16inch MCX? Kill you self twice.
>>
So, the general idea I'm getting from the thread and the video is... don't dump whatever rifle I own into a pond or stream and it should work fine.

Cool. I think I can handle that.
>>
>>28382505

For a "combat" rifle that level of performance is embarrassing.
>>
>>28382524

Is it a combat rifle though? Which military is buying it?
>>
>>28382559

It's marketed and advertised as such. It was originally produced and selected for the LVAW contract.
>>
>>28382403
Jesus Christ you're a silly fucking goose aren't you
>>
>>28382598

I just google 'LVAW contract'. So, the internet thinks Sig won the contract for U.S. special forces?

Is that just a rumor? Or did MAC uncover a critical lake dumping flaw that USSOCOM missed in their testing?
>>
>>28382559
>Is it a combat rifle though?
..obviously it isn't. Did you even read the thread?
>>
>>28382559
The only agency/department whatever I see using it is the London Met, which isn't exactly the standard for weapons procurement
>>
>>28382422
What other MCX is commercially available right now?
>>
>>28382751

Yes, I did. My point I was trying to hint at was that torture tests involving dunking a *civilian* rifle in water or burying it in mud are silly.

Check the guns benchrest accuracy. Discuss the ergonomics. Hell, put the rifle through 500-1000 rounds in a day.

But I have yet to hear about a hike, hunt, or carbine course where someone said, "Hope that rifle survives being submerged in mud, anon. Looks like we've got to swim across this lake."
>>
Its hilarious how all the butthurt retarded children ITT deliberately ignore the words from the guy actually testing the rifle, and have clearly never watched any of his other torture test videos either.
>>
>>28382896
To be fair, if it was marketed as a purely benchrest target gun it would make sense not to torture test it. However, I think that Sig's marketing of the MCX implies that it was meant to be a tough combat rifle capable of all sorts of reasonable abuse.

Here's a piece piece straight from Sig's website:
>The SIG MCX is an innovative weapon system built around a battle-proven core: SIG's gas-operated, short-stroke piston system. Trust it for the outstanding performance, no matter the conditions, that you've come to expect from the leading name in firearms.

>Battle proven
>Outstanding performance no matter the condition

They've clearly prevaricated if it can't handle the same level of abuse that other actual battle-proven rifles can handle.
>>
File: Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
>>28382986

All fair points. Sig probably could have specified which conditions they meant, and drop 'battle proven' without a military contract.

I also get that most video guys need a quick torture test they can crank out in an afternoon. But that being said, I feel like if I went up to Jeff Cooper or my grandfather and mentioned that my rifle survives me standing on it in a mud pit, they'd be all pic related.
>>
>>28383186
The fighting doesn't stop just because its raining m8
>>
>>28383306

> Rain
> Mud pit

Tad bit of difference there. But regardless, fighting isn't my job. And if it had to be, I suspect some grouchy-ass sergeant would just be shoving a worn out variant of pic related in my hands anyway.
>>
>>28382986
>Sig
>leading name in firearms
That was your clue anon.
>>
>>28379127
Was that picture taken at the Bullet Hole?
>>
>>28379158
That's actually not bad.

During his ACE pistol test he had to manually reset the fucking trigger. Repeatedly.
>>
>>28379147
>>>literally 5 lbs unloaded
u wot? Sig's own catalog says 6lb. Lightweight ARs can hit 5lb no problem, and some jackasses make them lighter just for giggles
https://www.sigsauer.com/upFiles/CmsContent/documents/2015-SIG-SAUER-CATALOG.pdf
>>
I have one love the rifle never had any problems. I'd like to see more test. Do wish it did better. I'd like to see some dry dirt tests.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.