[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR10 or FAL?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: REPR_28Sep11.jpg (144 KB, 1591x511) Image search: [Google]
REPR_28Sep11.jpg
144 KB, 1591x511
Hey /k/ i have a simple question.

AR-10 or FAL?

I need a battle rifle that I can use for hunting if need be. Im not biased for or against either of them, i just want your opinions.
>>
>>28378745
If you want the leading edge in modularity, AR10

If you have the urge to wear short shorts and operate innnabush, FAL.
>>
>>28378745
I'd be willing to bet the AR10 would serve you better for hunting. Little lighter, and the rails are nice for optics.

And IIRC it's cheaper
>>
>>28378758
>>28378760
Thanks guys. How does the reliability of the two compare? Ive heard that FALs are very reliable. And i know that gas piston ARs are also very reliable
>>
>>28378803
Don't really know, let another Anon tell you.

>inb4 AR IS UNRELIABLE shitposting
>>
>>28378803
For hunting? They'd be just about perfect for both. They're both very proven designs.
>>
>>28378745
I mean really I have an FAL and an AR10 is going to be more accurate, modular, almost as reliable now days with modern designs + forward assist, lighter weight.

But I mean, you can't really slot floppies with it either, so it's up to how much of a rhodie, falkland, aus/canada/england/ireland-aboo.
>>
File: AP AR10 with PA 1 6 ACSS.jpg (464 KB, 2528x758) Image search: [Google]
AP AR10 with PA 1 6 ACSS.jpg
464 KB, 2528x758
I'm building an AR-10 right now. I chose it over the FAL because it's not limited to 3 MOA accuracy due to the gas/recoil system. If you're building one, expect some growing pains, and you need to research parts compatability and make sure they all work (broadly speaking, there's the Armalite, and DPMS Gen 1 platforms, then lots of little proprietary branch offs like the M&P-10 and DPMS G2).

I would recommend buying a DPMS G2 by far if you have the money.
>>
I'm a huge FAL fanboi but I'd get the AR10 for hunting due to it being considerably lighter than the FAL
>>
If I build an AR-10, what barrel length get?

Also should I build a side charger?
>>
>>28379033
>If I build an AR-10, what barrel length get?
16+ depending how long you wanna shoot out to.

>Also should I build a side charger?
No.
>>
>>28379033
I did 16" here >>28379003. It has >95% of the muzzle velocity as the 20".
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.