[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Butterfly knifes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: butterflyknivesidk.jpg (508 KB, 1918x1077) Image search: [Google]
butterflyknivesidk.jpg
508 KB, 1918x1077
What is /k/'s opinion on butterfly knives?

>pic related, my 2 butterfly knives
>>
File: 1451500577988.jpg (15 KB, 322x504) Image search: [Google]
1451500577988.jpg
15 KB, 322x504
>MFW b& in Britain
>>
>>28378050
Bottom one looks like crap quality
Top one looks weird because of pocketclip

So what are those brand / model

Also I like balisongs but they are not legal in my country so its not worth hunting the good quality ones
instead I rather get legal folders/fixed
>>
File: DSCN1529.jpg (181 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSCN1529.jpg
181 KB, 1024x768
Muh edc, good enough of a knife for whatever daily tasks I might need it for and an excellent stress reliever
>>28378413
>not legal in my country
I've never understood this, balis must be just about the worst type of knife you could have if you're looking to stab someone
>>
>>28379344
Aren't they illegal because retards think they are "more threatening"?
>>
>>28379355
I wouldn't even be surprised. Fucking hell why do people have to be such retards. And why are those retards in charge of making laws
>>
>>28379355
>>28379430
Same reason for AWBs.

Muh skawwy gang banger knoife.

and people were idiots and cutting things off trying to do tricks, and failing.
>>
>>28379355
Like AKs people associate those knives with bad guys. Like all retardeds who make these laws, they get most of their info from movies.
>>
>>28378050

Heres some good info on Balisong (butterfly) knives.
For some reason this video turns me on...

https://youtu.be/-czDK3q-VEU
>>
>>28379344
>>28379355
It's actually due to perceived ease of deployment and use
>UKfag here
switchblades (aka flick knives), gravity knives, butterfly knives are all absolutely banned. Need to have reasonable justification for locking knifes or fixed-blade knives in public. Need to be over 18 to buy knives, including chef's and kitchen knives.

Only genuinely OK knife in UK is a folding pocket knife with blade under 3 inches
>and even then don't get caught with it if you're in an altercation, particularly if you start it
>UK government has a hard-on for knife crime and thinks the ban-hammer is the answer
>>
>>28379516
(cont)
>should have said
Only genuinely OK knife in UK is a non-locking folding pocket knife with blade under 3 inches
>>
I like balis but I'm not spending 300 dollars on a decent quality one. I bought a bear ops b400 for 80 dollars and it was trash. Broke after a month.
>>
>>28379344
Is that a bm43? Does it have a spring lock like the 42? If so, I might get it.
Idk why they don't just make the 42's again, everyone wants them.

I have a bm51 btw.
>>
>>28379631
That it is and yes it does. I'm kind of conflicted about it tho, it's a good knife and all but I also feel like the 80€ I paid for it was a bit much considering the overall quality.
>>
>>28378050
I have a Bear, it's surprisingly solid, but I prefer a good folder for EDC

Still cuts apples up just fine though
>>
Fun to play with, not to eat
>>
>>28379878
really? my 51 was like 250 bucks, but i've had it for like 5 years, still flips like new.

I think it's cause it has titanium lining and shit.
>>
>>28379993
That's about how long I've had mine and I've had zero problems with it (except for the screws losening up, but something fixed with 2 drops of loctite is hardly a problem) but every time I look at it and can't help but to notice how simple the fucking thing is and how making it probably cost like 5 bucks max. Oh and the holes in it had some whatever the english word for the sharp little pieces of metal on the edges of an poorly finished hole is
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.