[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Army or Marine Corps? I want to join the military and right now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 2000px-US_Army_logo.svg.png (158 KB, 2000x2675) Image search: [Google]
2000px-US_Army_logo.svg.png
158 KB, 2000x2675
Army or Marine Corps? I want to join the military and right now I'm leaning towards Army. Although I love the Marine Corps propaganda and esprit de corps I get the feeling that Marines get shit on more by the Corps once they hit the fleet, have trouble getting promoted, don't have access to as much tech (tanks), etc. Their missions are different but I don't like the stereotype of the Army being fat and lazy, I like all the Marine moto stuff. Can someone set me straight?
>>
You're already smart enough to recognize the USMC propaganda. That alone should be indication that you shouldn't join because you'll see right through the bullshit.
>>
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvUMYh8kke8
>>
I keep hearing all this "marine corps is full of bullshit"
What is this bullshit exactly?
Like shitty training? Bad gear?
Or is it just some
>sgt yells at me and i have to wake up real early
"Bullshit" that only faggots complain about?

Just curious, i'm staff sgt from finland and considering getting a green card to join the USMC because FDF is fucking awful unless you're SF
>>
>>28376887
Its like the army, but if you got told you'rebetter than army, got promoted less, got shittier equipment, and had worse living conditions.
>>
>>28376887
Don't join, there really isn't a point when we have no one to shoot at. We aren't actively at war so the training budgets are getting tighter. Say you joined, then what ? Nothing crazy going on except for the standard fuck-fuck-games that you probably have in Finland. So what are you looking to accomplish ?

And honestly the complaints are a mix kg all of the above to be honest. Most kids complain when they join the military (not just the Marines) because they didn't quite think it through
>>
File: 3096977386-finish_uniform.jpg (153 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
3096977386-finish_uniform.jpg
153 KB, 800x533
>>28376912

Doesn't sound that bad actually.
>bad gear
Can't possibly be worse than pic related
>no promotions
Don't really care for that. I just want to be a soldier. In FDF i just train retarded conscripts which is boring as fuck
>shitty living conditions
This is a small minus.
>>
>>28376950
Another thing to consider if you still haven't changed your mind, is you won't keep your rank. You'll start from the ground up. They'll send you through boot camp just like everyone else. The only difference is you'll be much older then the rest of the people there.
>>
>>28376950
Why not the US Army?
>>
>>28376950
sounds to me like you already know the answer you want
>>
>>28377026

Yeah of course i'm cool with that.

I'd propably be quite good since weapons handling, tactics, using gear and such is already under control.

And i'm 22 y/o so not that old either.
>>
>>28376887
Army will make sure you are in shape enough to qualify for PT

The Marines will make you fuck up your joints doing ridiculous drills and endurance training.

That, on top of inferior equipment and a riskier MO, that's where the marines get their rep. I personally think you can have the discipline and skill without all the machismo vullshit, that that is just me.

Rangers are like marines attitude-wise, but with better gear. Special forces are marines without the machismo bullshit, but they still get shit done, and are tough mother fuckers.
>>
>>28377057
Alright well your mind is basically made up at this point. I'll ask again though. What do you want to do ?
What do are you looking to get?
>>
>>28377079

Infantry.
I've trained jaegers, fire observation and reconnaissance in finnish coastal troops.

Recon is a SF job in the marines right?
Maybe just rifleman.

Oh and does the corps have some specialized cold-operations troops?
Cause well i am from finland and all and that's kinda like my game.
>>
>>28376763
Afterward you can join a career, or you can join a support group.
>>
>>28376858
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJoeGvn6MAY
>>
>>28377066
Did you just compare normal marines to Rangers and green berets? lolno
>>
>>28376950
And there is fuck-all reason to put up with that when you can be a soldier instead.
>>
>>28377113
Nope no specialized cold weather units however we have cold weather training. Nothing consistant, just occasionally there.

One thing the Marines have that I've never really seen in the Army is a sense of brotherhood. We're a huge dysfunctional family (like really out there )

Even though I'm a bit biased , I'm going to suggest going with the Army. But if you do, don't be a pussy, actually go Ranger
>>
>>28377057
>22 year old staff sergeant

Christ do you just need to collect enough cereal tokens or something
>>
>>28377164

Haha no it's a bit different here.
Stff SGT isn't big rank in FDF
>>
>>28377163

Yeah the brotherly spirit is one of the main things i admire.

>>28377145

That alaska airborne sounds pretty fucking nice.
Can you tell anything about it?
>>
>>28377057
I was 22 when I joined the Marines. 25 now and still don't regret it.... yet. However I've never been in the Army so I can't tell you which is better. I was on an army base for 9 months and the soldiers their absolute garbage. Straight ghetto niggers and Puerto Ricans and white trash rednecks. But I'll tell you this though it was Fort Lee in Virginia which is full of army pogs going through their schools. No different from all the shitbags we have here that work in supply or admin. Real soldiers are much better, I've met a few over seas who were legit. Ultimately the choice is yours dude.
>>
File: meikäpepe.png (27 KB, 361x536) Image search: [Google]
meikäpepe.png
27 KB, 361x536
okay i guess that's it then.
i'll join the MUHREENS

now i just need a green card, shouldn't be hard as a finn.
>>
>>28377066
Please don't compare riflemen marines to Army Rangers and Green Berets.
It just makes you look stupid as all fuck.
First off Green Berets have an entirely different mission than the other two and the 75th Rangers have by far more intense standards of professionalism and physical fitness and are trained to do a whole lot more than Marines.
>>
>>28377586
The Marines are very hard charging Patriots. You'll never be truly accepted as a non-american.
Especially being European.
You'll be below the mexicans thats for sure.
If you want to be part of a very professional fighting force, join the Army's 75th Ranger Regiment.
Otherwise in the Marines you'll be surrounded by frat house rejects.
>>
>>28377586
go britsh
>>
>>28379182
>Never be truly accepted
Bullshit. A lot of the Marines I've met and talked to all believe in the American ideal of not having to be born here to be an American.
>>
>>28376763
civy
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.