[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SHTF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
What is (in your opinion) the best all around SHTF rifle?

For this example:
>living in western U.S.
>suburbs
>north k'rea uses biological warfare
>unleashes disease with extremely high mortality rate
>people become hostile due to lack of food or water

What's your plan? What one rifle do you want to have, and why?
>>
>>28376003
AR15
>everybody has one
>parts everywhere
>nato
I rest my case
>>
>>28376040
>need food
>shoot elk
>continues walking unimpeded
>>
>>28376128
Shoot another thing then,
>>
>>28376128
Just scavenge food from markets and houses. Christ, have you ever read the wasteland survival guide?
>>
>>28376003
Any modular rifle.
Find a hipster with 6.8mm SPC ?
Switch barrels and use it

Someone with 7.62x39 ?
Switch barrels again

Find the boring generic AR ammo ?
Don't use, it's for plebs
>>
in this specific scenario i would go .22LR. Food is scarce so there aren't gonna be elk or any other large animals around to shoot. Small game calls for small rifle. It has a smaller sound signature to alert others to where you may be. Large enough to kill a man that thinks he's gonna take your squirrel, gun, and gear. Ammo is super aplenty and i can carry 300 rounds in my front pocket.

>22LR
>>
>>28376192
Just curious, how many shots you figure it'd take to bring down a 6'0 220 pound man?
>>
>>28376216
Just one is all that is needed to make him really reconsider his current actions. It doesn't have to kill him, just put him in timeout til I can get away.
>>
>>28376159
">people become hostile due to lack of food or water"
">due to lack of food or water"
">lack of food or water"
>>
Ar15
AK
SKS
Nugget
There are probably better options but those 4 are relatively cheap (or at least used to be) and have abundant ammo supplies.
>>
>>28376003
what a gay ass scenario. biological warfare is so grimy. fuck this thread im not participating.
>>
>>28376128
>Can't hunt.
>Kill Preppers.
>Trade their stuff for .308 rifle and ammo.
>Can now hunt.
>>
>>28376003
>biological warfare
>eating food you find

haha no
>>
>>28376040
>everybody has one

This is a good point. In U.S setting AR is the superior choice. I however am an europoor living in Finland so .308 rifle or an AK would be my choice due to availability of ammunition..
>>
>>28376177
Gun finally breaks?
I guess I'm fucked now.
>>
>>28376258
> It doesn't have to kill him
No but would probally really piss him off, especially if he is already desperate. So enjoy getting the baseball bat to the head.

>>28376003
AR and to the woods I go.

>>28376128
>not shooting elk multiple times
>>
I'll bite and say AR15. Fuck your lame scenario though, this is just in general in the US in some sort of collapse fantasy.

AR15 or something else in 5.56 or 7.62x51. Everyone from your neighbor to the local PD to the entire military use it, and by extension have the mags, ammo, and parts.

For a pistol, anything in the 3 common calibers.
>>
File: 3.jpg (510 KB, 1024x740) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
510 KB, 1024x740
A trusted bolt action (whichever is your favourite) chambered in .308 is the only acceptable answer.

Enough to hunt large game, small game and make a pretty big hole in an attacker.
>>
>>28376128
>>28377337

>suburbs
>>
>>28377337
>small game

Yeah, go ahead an shoot a rabbit with a .308 and report back with how much edible meat and usable fure you find. You can use any off-the-shelf or out-of-reloading-manual ammo.
>>
The civilian version of whatever rifle is in service in your country.
>>
>>28377406
>not headshotting the rabbit, keeping all the body meat intact
>>
>>28376003
Probably a bolt action rifle, chambered in 5.56/.223 or 7.62x39. In shtf scenarios I'm not planning on playing Ahnuld Ramboner, just the overly cautious dad who takes only what he needs and wants to keep his family safe.

For anything else, a good semi auto rifle and pump gun will work.
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (84 KB, 435x326) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
84 KB, 435x326
>>28376003
>zombie fantasies
>>
>>28376192
Just go for a 17hmr
>>
>>28377500
You're the one that assumed biological warfare = zombies
>>
>>28377500
>zombie fantasies

In a word: Millennials.
>>
File: Tactifags.jpg (29 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Tactifags.jpg
29 KB, 960x540
>>28376003
>not using a dragondildo spear
>>
>not being a Stealth Archer
>>
>>28376003
SVD
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.