[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Corrosive general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1392940457325.png (2 MB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
1392940457325.png
2 MB, 1024x681
Hey /k/ I'm new to /mauser/ is turkish 8mm corrosive?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>28374268
no idea. can't help you. sorry.
but i'm intrigued about the front sight and what seems to be a muzzle thingy.
what are those
>>
>>28374321
Not sure just a sexy pic I got from here a long time ago
>>
>>28374309
You sure? I couldn't get a clear answer from google
>>
File: turkish_carpet.jpg (721 KB, 1280x875) Image search: [Google]
turkish_carpet.jpg
721 KB, 1280x875
>>28374409
I have shot a lot of the stuff, and can confirm it is corrosive. Just flush the bore out with water before cleaning as normal and you'll be fine. If you live in a particularly humid environment, do it as soon as is convenient.
>>
>>28374268
If it's surplus ammo, and not a nato round, then it's pretty much always corrosive, no exceptions.
>>
>>28374268

You can pretty much always assume surplus ammo is corrosive, this isn't always the case thought but a good train of thought to have.
>>
>>28374430
>dat couch fabric pattern

God I fucking hated the 90s.
>>
>>28374321
>>28374384

Muzzle protector, dumbass.
>>
>>28374435
No, there are exceptions. The Swedish never used corrosive primers and I don't think the Swiss did either.

Both nations known for talking the production and maintenance of their service rifles to autistic levels.
>>
>>28376336
An amazing kind of Autism too, I don't think I've ever seen chatter on anything machined by those two countries, firearms or otherwise.
>>
>>28376400
And the way there were inspected and meticulously maintained with new parts. Hell you can find out the name of the guy who inspected and initialed your 115 year old m/96.
>>
>>28374268
what's the leather in front of the scope for?
>>
>>28376424
Yeah I found a service tag under the buttplate of my 6.5 and sent him a thank you card last xmas.
>>
>>28374268
8mm is literally the reason why the G41 failed, that shit would stay in the gas tube and rust it out.
>>
>>28376435
>All those stories of guys buying K31 in the USA and writing to the initial owners in Switzerland.
>>
>>28376454
It's kinda cool, they all seem to be good people.
>>
>>28374430

I use a flush of Ballistol down the barrel. Then scrub out with Dawn and hot water on a bronze brush. Dry with patches and then clean as normal.

I have a Chilean Mauser and the bore is in top condition after almost a decade of regular corrosive ammo shooting. Just remember to finish with a good CLP.
>>
Anyone else keep a round count on their rifles?
>>
>>28376548
I carve a notch for every round I fire.
>>
>>28374268
All surplus is corrosive with the exception of portugese which is the best but rarest of mauser.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.