[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FFL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: shutterstock_37190596_crop380w.jpg (103 KB, 380x250) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_37190596_crop380w.jpg
103 KB, 380x250
Is it worth it? Anyone have one? How much can you make if you're running it from your house?
>>
>>28370809
Bumping to see if I can cut down on costs for family and friends
>>
Keeping one Legionnaire in your house might be interesting, if you have an ample supply of Kronenbourg and cheap whores, but running the entire thing from your house is just stupid.
>>
You do not get an FFL to make money.
You get an FFL because you love firearms.

You will, at best, break even unless you run a shitty brick and mortar shop that gouges people who don't know any better.
>>
>>28370830
Not as a gun shop, but as a deliver and pick type of thing
>>
>>28370809
>home based FFL's

I think they are trying to stay away from that, there was a big push and a shitload of people got approved. There has to be at least 100 home based FFL's in my area.

Don't they require that you have a brick and mortar business now?
>>
>>28370809
Do you like the ATF dictating you needing an alarm system and safe? Do you like the possibility of the ATF inspecting your place of business, which is your home?
>>
>>28370908
>FFL
>Needing safe
As long as you have door locks youre good to go.
>>
>>28370809
My friend has a home based FFL said the process for him was hell, they scrutinized everything.

I have a FFL storefront and it was easy as fuck for me. Also its not worth it. I mean often times the large online retailers sell guns for my price.
>>
>>28370934
The ATF dictates terms and when you're running an FFL out of your home you're going to need a safe.
>>
Op here.

Alarm? Sure. Safe? Got it.

Inspections/knowing where I live? Meh. I'd rather not. I could sublet some office space from my employer for pennies a month.
>>
>>28370955
They are only allowed to inspect once per year
>>28370952
[Citation needed]
>>
>>28370955
I doubt that, most places would not want to deal with the "legal ramifications" of selling guns on their premises.
>>
>>28370972
Plus I heard that most inspectors don't check all that often, once in ten years or so
>>
>>28370955
The ATF is also going to want to see that you're a registered business, have paid/filed all the privilege tax documents, have zoning approval (especially if you're running out of your home). Is it a pain in the ass? Yes. Can it be done? Yes. Will you make money? Maybe, mostly you'll run near break even doing a dozen or so transfers a month as you business grows.
>>
>>28370955
Dont forget to inform your homeowners insurance agent that you run an FFL out of your home.

That usually does most people in.
>>
>>28370809
get storage unit and mailbox

run gun shop from storage unit
>>
Does anyone actually run one from home though?

I'd like to hear some input from that end.

It's more of an "I love guns" thing than a "let's make money" thing for me.

Although charging for acquisitions does sweeten the pot.
>>
>>28371007
Its illegal to have a FFL for personal use.
>>
>>28371019
Does that mean an FFL licensed person still has to buy personal firearms through other FFL licensed people?
>>
>>28371048
No, it means you MUST show a profit by using your FFL. If the ATF feels like you are using the license just for personal gain, they will take it away.
>>
>>28371019
Too bad they don't have something like a 03 FFL for modern firearms.
>>
>>28370880
No. Something like 70% of FFLs are kitchen table FFLs.

>>28370908
No they don't.
>>28370952
No they don't.
>>28370983
Average inspection for a home FFL is like once every 40 years. If you're "by appointment only" then the ATF has to make an appointment since they can only inspect during business hours.
>>
File: 1451510136816.png (609 KB, 475x637) Image search: [Google]
1451510136816.png
609 KB, 475x637
>>28371074
That isn't necessarily what it means. I don't know of a single FFL holder that has ever been financially audited. But, if you sell "x" number of guns per year and 99% of them go to you, you are in it for personal collection enhancement.
>>
>>28371332
That is one of the most misshapen people I've ever had the displeasure of seeing.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.