[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trigger Pull Weight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Geissele SSA Trigger SPin-2.jpg (111 KB, 700x701) Image search: [Google]
Geissele SSA Trigger SPin-2.jpg
111 KB, 700x701
Trigger pull weight of various AR 15 Complete Lower's

I am building an AR. I have a complete upper picked out, now I'm trying to determine who to buy a lower from. I'm curious if there is any information out there regarding average trigger pull weight for various complete lowers. I'm considering a PSA or Spikes Tactical complete lower as of right now. I've come to learn that most lowers come out of like the same 3 factories, so I don't really give a shit who makes it, I'm only concerned with the price and the trigger pull weight. I like something in the 5 lb range or lower. I've googled around and can't seem to find any information on this. I'm a bit of a newfag, sorry.
>>
Also I realize the parts are installed by whatever company I'm buying it from, not the factory that milled the lower.

Really just want something with a non terrible trigger, that won't break the bank. Please throw some recommendations my way with some trigger pull weight's to go with.
>>
>>28370086
I feel like most mil spec triggers will be roughly the same so long as they are factory original.

I put an ALG QMS trigger with JP enhanced springs in my m4gery and it feels a little lighter but much smoother and a cleaner break and reset.
>>
>>28370263
I'm too retarded to go fuckin around and putting in my own parts. I'm just looking for a complete lower with a decent trigger. I don't expect it to be amazing. I just don't want it to be shit
>>
>>28370305
I felt the same way, but triggers are retardedly easy to install. You can have it removed and replaced in a matter of minutes with a hammer and a punch. Youtube is your friend.
>>
If you can push out the takedown pins on a upper/lower you can change a trigger, stop being lazy
>>
>>28370347
Don't tell me my business devil-woman!
>>
>>28370305
just get milspec then its not a as bad as you think it is
>>
Inb4 the poorfags start raving about how a polished milspec trigger is just as good as a Giessele/Timney/etc
>>
>>28370382
With that in mind I'll probably go with the PSA lower. 189.99 for a blem.
>>
>>28370423
It's easier to assemble an ar lower than it is to build a gaming desktop
Installing a trigger is the equivalent of putting in a graphics card
>>
I'm excited to post this weekend about my new trigger.
>>
>>28370086
Buy a stripped lower and a DD lpk. Don't worry about a $300 trigger yet.

Thank me later.
>>
>>28370577

Im excited to post this weekend about fucking your mom.
>>
>>28370568
Seriously? Shit I build gaming PC's all the time.

Maybe I'll just go full retard and assemble everything myself. Thanks for the analogy brah.
>>
>>28370600
Honestly, as long as you went to the range with me too you can have your fun.
>>
>>28370646
Build it yourself. You'll save money and most likely have a nicer rifle in the end. Most people can assemble a full upper and lower in an hour with a couple punches and hammer. The only difficult part is hammering in the pins on the gas block and it's difficult in the "it took me five minutes" sense.
>>
>>28371306
For a lower you don't need that many tools.

https://www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/

Roll pin punch - helpful, but normal punches work just as well
Roll Pin Holders - I found them not that useful
Hammer - Any can do, you're just doing light tapping
Flat-Blade Screwdriver - long shaft for the pistol grip
Block of wood - lel, i supported it with an old book
Pivot Pin Installation Tool - I found a business card or a piece of clamshell plastic better
Stock Wrench - you don't need this if you're doing a rifle buffer

I also found painter's tape to be useful for preventing scratches, tho a weapon is not supposed to remain pristine with use
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.