[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumb question my dears /k/oalas: The Garand and the Springfield
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-18-11h20m03s453.png (320 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-18-11h20m03s453.png
320 KB, 704x528
Dumb question my dears /k/oalas:

The Garand and the Springfield shoot the same bullet, right? but both have the same power? I mean, the bullet in the Garand don't lose power for the gas-operated reloading system?
>>
>your brain on video games
>>
>>28367280
>Garand don't lose power for the gas-operated reloading system?
longer barrel gives the gas more time to accelerate the bullet, when it gets to a gas port or the muzzle the pressure drops

garand muzzle velocity 2,800 ft/s
springfield 1903 muzzle velocity 2,800 ft/s
>>
>>28367292
This but
>>28367280
Some guns can handle more power from the same cartridge, for instance certain Mauser rifles are dangerous to shoot with German military loadings while others aren't.
>>
>>28367280

yeppppp.

But video games do one of two things

1. Don't let different guns use the same bullets because the designers don't know anything about guns and/or don't care.

or

2. Make guns that shoot the same damn bullets do different amounts of damage because MUH BALANCE and/or they don't know shit about guns.

For example:

In battlefield different versions of the M16/M4 platform do significantly different amounts of damage per shot (full retard does less damage/burst fire does more)
>>
>>28367344
It seem to be unthinkable to build your balancing around different cartridges instead of different guns since that would get your average casual gamer off their comfortzone.
>>
>>28367475

Guns require lots of work to create, whereas the bullets only exist as code lasers that have a damage value assigned to them.

The developers balance the guns because otherwise no-guns gamers complain about some guns being more OP and bitch because they think their semi-auto should do more damage per shot than a full auto, and shotguns shouldn't be able to kill you past 30 feet.

With your average FPS engagement ranges and tactics, if they actually made the guns have realistic damage values and accuracy, everyone would just run around with SMGs/SBR full autos and shotguns.

Oh wait. They already do that.

I really wish video game developers actually cared about gun realism beyond the graphics.
>>
>>28367280
Gas bleed off barely makes a difference in velocity, it's there, but negligible. But in terms of damaging your body, anything will wreck you badly. A 50-100fps hotter bullet isn't going to make much difference unless it's hitting a steel plate just barely thick enough to not let the lower velocity bullet through. I notice that with 762x39 from a 16 vs 20in barrel though, so it's there. It's not much difference in velocities, but the steel I shoot is punctured more regularly by my sks. It's just thick enough to be stopped through a 16in. I need to buy a chrono one of these days and see what the difference really is.
>>28367344
If you are talking in /v/ terms, it's game balancing.
If done absolutely correctly, there should be no one main gun that would be worse or better than the others, yet they should all fill a niche. You should be able to use whatever you want effectively depending on play style.
>>
>>28367547
>black cops 3
>FMJ upgrade changes how the front of the gun looks
>High caliber upgrade changes the ejection port, barrel left unchanged

>fast mags on a drum mag shotgun adds 3 shells strapped to the sides

Come on, devs, it's not hard to not be retarded.
>>
>>28367280
Well, welcome to the real world.

Pretty much every semi-auto system regardless of how it works loses less than half of 1 percent of the bullet's maximum potential. What this means is, you lose zero killing power and less than 30 yards off your absolute maximum supersonic range (sometimes even less).

It's completely a nonissue.
>>
>>28367547
>with your average FPS engagement ranges
Fucking this. And what is it with devs making a 50m shot feel like a 500m shot?

Take Insurgency for example. On most maps the absolute longest shot possible, kitty-corner across the entire map, is always less than 300m and frequently under 200m if you go off "distance to objective", yet that's beyond draw distance on anything less-magnified than the 3.4x scope, and actually hitting anything at 200m consistently pretty much requires the 7x scope. Now they did better than most on the shotgun (lethal to 40m+, upwards of 60 with "slugs" which still spread), and have working selectors for semi which is actually useful (at least for co-op), but jesus I should not be having to shoot at a single pixel half the size of my red dot's dot at 70m.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.