[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ goes privateering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: ccnRg5c.jpg (252 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ccnRg5c.jpg
252 KB, 1024x768
So let's say one of us gets enough money to buy a sea-worthy vessel, something 90 - 200 feet long that has a top speed exceeding 12 knots.

How many of you would like to go pirate hunting? Like purposely sailing the Gulf of Aden trying to lure skiffs to try and take a ship with 20 heavily armed /k/illers hiding behind the gunwales?

I'm game.
>>
Why go to the carribean when you can go to Somalia.
>>
>>28366945
Count me in. We Jack Sparrow nao.
>>
>>28366966
>Gulf of Aden
>Carribean
Pick one.

Way to epically waste dubs.
>>
>>28366973
There's more pirates in the gulf of Aden than there is in the carribean
>>
>>28366945
>go to pacific
>hunt whalers
you'll get green support for sure. Those people are absolutely fucking crazy. If you want to go privateering, you need support on land to restock ammo and to warn you of impending privateer hunts.

Also - Why not buy old Iowa-class with DD stamp? could that be done? making the ammo can't be that difficult with lathes, which there is enough room for on that ship.
Use emp to fuck their communications up, sink their ships with all hands to ensure OPSEC and keep it quiet.

.. oh hello, japanese secret services.
>>
>>28366982
Sounds fun.
>>
>>28366979
I know. The faggot I was replying to apparently believed OP wants to do the deed in the Caribbean when OP clearly stated the intent of patrolling off of the coast of Somalia.
>>
File: 9F22_35.jpg (17 KB, 306x254) Image search: [Google]
9F22_35.jpg
17 KB, 306x254
>>28366982
The problem with that is we don't want to look like a warship. We want to look like a helpless, bloated cargo ship -- 'cept the only cargo we'll be carryin' is LEAD.
>>
Im game, sea legs here from good ole MI
>>
>>28366982
>>28367313
>Why not buy old Iowa-class with DD stamp?
Don't need the guns, just ram everything and board.

Also an Iowa is fast enough to run down most ships, no need to try to be sneaky.

Added points for hunting jap whalers with a WW2 battleship made specially to kill japs.
>>
What sort of load-out would you want? Weapons, ammo, etc.?
>>
I would a /k/ Pirate Republic, would be tight as SHIT. Line up a decently sized ship and beach it facing starboard, move all the cannons to one side and use it as a primary defensive wall. Build from there.
>>
reading comprehension fail.
>>28366966
this guy is clearly being sarcastic.
"We could go to the Caribbean and fuck hot brown women while we eat pineapples and shoot pirates, BUT FUCK THAT let's go to Somalia where it sucks and you get AIDs if you cross the border, that's a great idea.
>>
>>28366945
Sounds fun desu.
I am in.
>too bad this would be another /things that never happened or will ever happen
>>
WATCH OUT, TWIGGER, SHE'S A PROPER JU BE JU
>>
I don't want to be on a boat with a bunch of fat sticky fucking weebs with mosin nagants talking shit about how they were totally going to be a Ranger but decided not to serve the jews.
>>
>>28367422
Naw dude, we wouldn't ever land there. Jesus. We're just lurking around at sea, waiting to legally gun down some skinnies.

Most of the "pirates" in the Caribbean are on-shore anyway, robbing drunk and/or isolated tourists.
>>
>12 knots
>hunt pirates
>pirates in speedboats
>can't even keep up with cargo ships pirates target

HEY GUYS.

I THINK THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH THE PLAN.

Unless you're using the big boat as a mothership for jet skis, set sail for fail! And even if you have jet skis... your operational range is like 50 miles!! So... FAIL
>>
>>28367491
kek
>>
>>28367495

The pirates come to you, retard. It's like duck hunting. 12 knots is just so it doesn't take a year to get there in some slow-ass bunkering tanker.
>>
>>28367516
Most supertankers have a cruising speed of at least 15-16 knots in good weather.
Some container ships are even faster.
>>
>>28367628
I'm trying to find something that costs less than 2 million.

And while there are some cargo and tanker ships that are less than $200,000, I don't want to max out my speed at 8 knots.
>>
I got the tunes covered

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dw_W5BB_hgFY&start1=30&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEB37CvARO24&start2=&authorName=snoopsagan
>>
>>28367668

It will cost at least double what you pay in fuel.
>>
>less than 2 million

LOL WHAT

dude.... just start a false scientific research company and use that as a raison d'etre, or some bullshit, and buy an old destroyer one of the third world nations replaces as it comes on the up and up. Preferably an American destroyer, if you're American, if not, whatever nation you're basing operations from. Start a fundraiser to restore it to a floating museum ship, and use that. Whenever you're anchored, which would be most the time, run tours where you show people pretty framed pictures of the ships history. Get a gift shop. And sell booze in red cups.

Lots of booze

I'd give you a few bucks for a tour, booze, and a t-shirt. If I had any money LOL

Plus, you can hunt down megalodons when not hunting pirates. Confirm if they still exist. Sharks thought to be extinct 60 million years before the megalodon have been found alive. I want to believe... but it's so scary.
>>
>>28367754

I got that beat.

http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhSg_MLkGRnM&start1=&video2=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DypyZbjsDTPM&start2=0&authorName=no
>>
>>28367773

I'm not looking for a fishing trawler. We need an actual shipping ship to lure in pirates, and we'll need a tall enough freeboard to be able to mount a safe, advantageous line of fire. It would be nice if we didn't have to refuel, too.
>>
>>28366945
you missed the /k/avy and its retarded captain
>>
>>28367856

>lure pirates

No.

Entrapment is illegal, worldwide. Right?

Buy an old ass ship that can go fast, get radar or some kind of detection shit, and trail right outside shipping lanes looking for small boats that are coming from land. Observe them with drones, and if they aren't fishing, shipping, or pleasure cruising, odds are they are pirating. Dispatch fast craft to intercept.

If you're pirate hunting as a business and going alone, it's gonna be tough luck.. so try to use drones more often than not.

You could team up with some kind of national agency that has access to satellites or something.

Haven't all the pirates been BTFO yet?

There's serious tech out there dude. You're late to the business. If you're doing it for fun, take up fishing instead.
>>
>>28367958
>No.
>Entrapment is illegal, worldwide. Right?
>like getting attacked at sea for "looking like a cargo ship" is the same as asking someone to buy pot for your poor, glaucomic grandmother
>need drones and reconnaissance satellites to shoot robbers in skiffs

No sir, I don't think I'll listen to your brilliant advice.
>>
I wonder how much trouble we'd get for buying an old cargo ship and sailing it around the gold Coast with the intent of hunting pirates
>>
>>28367958
Actually, you're the one proposing violations of international law.

UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON THE LAW OF THE SEA

AGREEMENT RELATING TO THE IMPLEMENTATION OF
PART XI OF THE CONVENTION

Article101

Definition of piracy

Piracy consists of any of the following acts:

(a) any illegal acts of violence or detention, or any act of depredation, committed for private ends by the crew or the passengers of a private ship or a private aircraft, and directed:

(i) on the high seas, against another ship or aircraft, or against persons or property on board such ship or aircraft;

(ii) against a ship, aircraft, persons or property in a place outside the jurisdiction of any State;

(b) any act of voluntary participation in the operation of a ship or of an aircraft with knowledge of facts making it a pirate ship or aircraft;

(c) any act of inciting or of intentionally facilitating an act described in subparagraph (a) or (b).

>in other words, we cool if we act in self defense only, not chase after them

Article102

Piracy by a warship, government ship or government aircraft

whose crew has mutinied

The acts of piracy, as defined in article 101, committed by a warship, government ship or government aircraft whose crew has mutinied and taken control of the ship or aircraft are assimilated to acts committed by a private ship or aircraft.

Article103

Definition of a pirate ship or aircraft

A ship or aircraft is considered a pirate ship or aircraft if it is intended by the persons in dominant control to be used for the purpose of committing one of the acts referred to in article 101. The same applies if the ship or aircraft has been used to commit any such act, so long as it remains under the control of the persons guilty of that act.

>in other words, we cool if we act in self defense only, not chase after them

Article111

Right of hot pursuit

>full text is too large, but it essentially says you're stupid
>>
If we got something 1000ish feet long and flat, we could launch variezes off of it.
>>
>>28367984

The thing is, until they try to board the ship, with guns, it's not a solid case.

Not solid enough to use deadly force.

>>28368052

Intentions? I intend to build a spaceship, bring back dinosaurs, and create my own physical realm where I'm God. A home, for me, my soul, and my "toys".

The majority of humans would look at my intentions as insane dreaming rather than criminal.

Until they begin a hostile boarding action it is not certain they have criminal intentions. Even then it's not certain.

You can't imagine any legal or innocent circumstance where you would have a gun and try to get on a ship at sea?
>>
>>28368091
>variezes
Best I can find is a Mexican tanker of 559ft, and it's 1.2 million over budget.
>>
>>28368118
If they're not flying a flag, racing towards a ship on the open sea and carrying AK-47s, every shipping company and every navy operating off the coast of Somalia recognizes that as a pirate vessel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcaJjwz6JWU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeJZQ_b2VUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ucyNhn3HU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u2Aw5rA1mM

I'm sorry to say, but think you might want to consider some mentally-easier intentions.
>>
>>28368246

What if....

Hang on, this is a groundbreaking discovery, top secret stealth technology...

WHAT IF....

they hide their guns from your sight until they are right next to your boat?
>>
>>28368276

Have you watched any of those videos? 200 yards out, "BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG..."

It's not fucking hard to understand, and yet you're still not getting it.

Step 1: Are you in pirate waters?

Step 2: Is a shoddy vessel or group of vessels coming right towards you on the open sea?

You're good to go. If they get up right next to the ship, it just improves our hit ratio. Can hardly hit shit far away on the rolling sea anyway.
>>
>>28367491
You talkin shit bout my nugget?
*lowers fedora aggressively*
>>
>>28368367
Truth be told, if we can afford a ship, we sure as shit can afford Barrett Model 82A1's.
>>
just need a letter of marquee bro and you are g2g.
>>
>>28367958

Entrapment only applies to law enforcement.
>>
>>28366945
I'd join.

Also, motion for the ship to be named Seeadler or Felix Von Luckner
>>
>>28368482

So... if you're hunting pirates illegally...

And an international police force comes up to your ship, in a little speedboat flying no flag...

And you shoot at them... then they charge you with murder....

You don't think that's entrapment?
>>
>>28367769
Nahh it would'nt.
>>
>>28366966
Piracy is way down in somalia. West Africa and Malaysia is where it's at now.
>>
>>28368091
>variezes

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
>>
>>28370629
keep calm keep lurking faggot.
>>
>>28370649
OH I'M SORRY I'M NOT AUTIST ENOUGH TO BROWSE EVERY SINGLE THREAD ON AUTISTCHAN.
>>
>>28367958
>havent all the pirate been btfo yet?

The US Navy puts out a report every week about maritime security risks. Pirates are still a big problem.
>>
>>28370701

What if SEALs start murdering them in their beds, and skin them and hang them up to dry then write "PIRATES ARE A FEAST" in blood on the walls of their home?

SEALs all gone within 15 minutes or so.

Would that stop it?
>>
File: varieze.jpg (33 KB, 902x600) Image search: [Google]
varieze.jpg
33 KB, 902x600
>>28370629
Rutan VariEzE
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.