[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap 380 for Plinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: pk380-right.jpg (33 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
pk380-right.jpg
33 KB, 940x600
I have a good collection of guns but I've got an itch to buy a midsize 380 for some plinking now that .380ACP can be found pretty cheap.

Seems like it would be relaxing and help work on fundamentals. I just don't enjoy shooting .22lr that much so I want to give 380 a go for a more 'relaxed' round. I held a Walther PK380 at my LGS and it felt cheaply made. The slide felt like pot metal like my old M&P22 pistol and the trigger was mediocre.

I'm trying to keep this experiment cheap so I'm looking for alternatives without godawful triggers (looking at you, LC380). I don't have an aversion to the Bersa Thunder 380 as they're pretty solid and I sure as fuck can't afford a PPK. Any other choices out there really that isn't a pocket gun? Maybe I need to give the PK380 a second chance.

>inb4 Makarov
>>
>>28366233

That piece of shit is made by Umarex like the P22 and M&P22. It feels like pot metal because it IS.
>>
Whatever money you save by buying the gun will be spent with fucking expensive ammo. Just get a .22 or 9mm
>>
>>28366487

I have both, and .380 ammo is not expensive at all if you know where to look. I'm just trying to brainstorm what's out there.
>>
>>28366233
If you can find one the CZ83 is a pretty nice pistol. I own a Bersa Thunder and it was my carry pistol for close to 10 years. Been very reliable for me.
>>
>>28366537
This, or a ppk, but a cz83 would probably be your best bet
>>
>22lr for plinking
>ever
Why?
What's even the point when you can reload .25 acp with buckshot for a fraction of the price.
>>
>>28366233
>Bersa Thunder 380

I'd avoid that. My dad got one a few years back and it bricked itself within about 50 rounds. He took it to a gunsmith who said that the barrel had expanded so much in once place that he couldn't get the slide off. Bersa's warranty stuff was such a pain in the ass that my dad never bothered following through for a new gun, although to be fair that wasn't really Bersa's fault, a lot of the TX retailers that Bersa approved for warranty stuff had just closed down around that time.

Also, my dad also has one of the S&W licensed PPK copies and it kind of sucks. Still works though.

>isn't a pocket gun

CZ used to make the CZ83, and there are some Makarovs in .380 that were made specifically for import to the US. Neither is big, but I wouldn't call either a pocket gun.
>>
>>28366503
Show where to look, I have a PPK/S I need to feed. Cheapest I found was Freedom Munitions, they recently had a 5% off sale so I stocked up
>>
>>28366233
Don't buy cheap Umarex junk.

If you want a nice midsize .380, and are OK spending close to $600, look at the Browning 1911-380.

Or, wait for the new RIA Baby Rock, it should be closer to $400.

Alternatively, look at a Beretta 84. It's a nice double-stack .380, virtually no recoil, great ergonomics, perfect size. Older ones like the 84BB (manual safety, no decocker) are $250-$300. The new production 84FS is about $600, used ones a little cheaper.
>>
File: single stack snack pack.jpg (172 KB, 1060x456) Image search: [Google]
single stack snack pack.jpg
172 KB, 1060x456
>>28366233
cheapest thing I can think of while still being good is a mak. Maybe the ruger LCP but the mak is more comfortable to shoot. All others
>walther ppk
>sig 238
>kahr p380
>colt 1903
>glock 43
>beretta cheetah
are going to be around the price of a similar pistol in 9mm
>>
>>28369597
MP Bodyguard?
>>
>>28366736

Yeah, I was going to order on FM if I get a .380. Their prices are really good on .380, .44mag, .357, .45 Colt, etc.

Thanks everyone for the CZ83 suggestion, looks really interesting. Might buy
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.