[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone know a lead-free shooting range within two hours of New
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: bullets_01.jpg (64 KB, 611x404) Image search: [Google]
bullets_01.jpg
64 KB, 611x404
Anyone know a lead-free shooting range within two hours of New York City?
>>
anywhere north of 116th is OK. i hear they have a variety of mobile and dynamic targets too.
>>
>>28366241
Get fucked.
>>
>>28366225
why u want lead free? ru worried about deer eating lead bullets out of the berms? if this is the case then u dum, those motherfucker deers r going to be eating lead anyway when I feed them my boolits!
>>
>>28366225
>lead-free
you some kind of liberal faggot? don't eat bullets, and wash your fucking hands. it's not hard.
>>
>>28366322
>>28366331
... because I see no reason to breathe in toxic dust unless I have to?
>>
>>28366322
Lead will seep into the groundwater and from there to general water supply. While individual shooter or even a shooting club can't produce enough lead to poison the drinking water of animals or humans it contributes to a bigger problem of the earth slowly running out of clean water.

Or so I would think since I am not the OP and have no problem of putting lead down a range. Sure It would be cool to have someways to assure that the lead doesn't get into the general water supply but that's shit expensive and basically only possible at indoor ranges which my rural europoor country has little if any that can handle rifles.
>>
>>28366352
BREAKING NEWS!

LEAD ALREADY COMES FROM THE GROUND U FAGENT!
>>
>>28366348
whear a gas mask to the range u dummy
>>
>>28366348
enjoy spending more on ammo and driving further for literally no reason.
>>
I had elevated lead levels from gun related shit, but it isn't from just shooting.

Don't eat or drink while shooting and wash hands right after shooting, and shower as soon as you can. That's how i reduced my lead levels, not shoot non lead ammo or go to a range that doesn't allow any lead to be shot there.
>>
>>28366360
Yes but the higher concentrations are deep underground so it doesn't normally fuck up the surface ecosystems.. Then humans come along with this thing called mining and all sorts of things happen to the ecosystems.. Same with uranium. Uranium is also from the earth doesn't still mean you should go around throwing used uranium rods around peoples back yards all willy nilly.
>>
>>28366402
I threw my uranium rod in your mom's back yard
>>
>>28366225
This man is going to shoot a gun around NYC!
MODS!
>>
>>28366402
>Uranium is also from the earth doesn't still mean you should go around throwing used uranium rods around peoples back yards all willy nilly.

>not already doing this for fun
>2053-38 year of our lord

i bet you're against using depleted uranium ammo too...
>>
>>28366360
So it's not even that, but there's a lot of persistent lead in the environment already. No reason to expose myself to more of it than I have to, or the environment more generally, as >>28366352 pointed out.
>>
>>28366438
>No reason to expose myself to more of it than I have to
then don't shoot, or stop being such a pussy.
>>
>>28366441
Or you could just stop being an ass?
>>
>>28366414
>i bet you're against using depleted uranium ammo too...

In non military use abso-fucking-lutely!
>>
>>28366484
How could you possibly be for using DU ammo? It fucks up civilians, the area, and your soldiers long term.
>>
>>28366626
Mine laying cluster munitions fuck up an area too but every once in a while you need to saturate a grid square with toy shaped butterfly mines
>>
>>28366402
Lead oxidizes when in the ground, rendering it nontoxic. Your entire point is just fanaticism.
>>
>>28366448
Or you could not be an idiot and realize that it bears no harm and that you are a fudd unnecessary spending more money than needed for something you dont need.
>>
The decline of /k/ has started
>>
>>28366807
Except it does bear harm. It's not like lead magically doesn't do anything or bioaccumulate below a certain amount, it's that the symptoms don't present themselves until it gets bad enough. And if you shoot enough over a long period of time, you can get elevated, symptomatic levels. I want to avoid that.
>>
>>28366797
Well that's what I was told by the local greenparty members. Nice to know they tried to trick me.. Again!

But then again as I said didn't stop me from going through boxes of ammunition though. But know I can do it with more of clean conscience than I used to before. Thanks pal!
>>
>>28366837
Goddamn its worse than I thought
You know that there is an invention called jacket right?
>>
>>28366837
Wait! You think that shooting will give you heavymetal poisoning or something? By your standards every single soldier in every country should be dying of lead poisoning. You can't accumulate enough lead from shooting guns to cause any serious harm to yourself not in a span of a average human life not even if you get to be a methuselah..
>>
>>28366853
primers are more of an issue
>>28366866
>You can't accumulate enough lead from shooting guns to cause any serious harm to yourself
it gets a little political, the antis try to blow it up into a major health issue. but it is a health issue
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/19/lead-exposure-at-gun-ranges-a-serious-problem/?page=all
>>
>>28366348
top kek
>>
>>28366348
better never walk outside then in NYC because 2nd hand smoke is worse for you than shooting ever will be
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 1183x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 1183x800
>living in New Yawk
Might as well kill yourself
>>
>>28366225
so in answer to your question, no, the closest i can find is three and a half hours away
http://www.tripolistriggers.com/
but lead-free bullets aren't that great either
http://www.businessinsider.com/lead-free-bullets-find-little-buyers-2012-8
most of the exposure is going to be from your gun if the range has good ventilation, you can just bring lead-free ammo to shoot and receive most of the benefits of it.
>>
>>28366348
>Scared of breathing toxic dust
>Lives in NYC
>>
>>28366991
This it comes down to ventilation.
>>
>>28366879
>http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/19/lead-exposure-at-gun-ranges-a-serious-problem/?page=all

Thank you!

>>28366991
And thanks!
>>
>>28366225
>lead-free

So you're an anti-vaxxer too? Avoid tap water because fluoride?
>>
>>28366348
Don't listen to them Anon, as you are already aware lead is pretty fucking toxic, my local indoor range has shit ventilation and it should be a concern for the shooting community, if they were smart enough.

I have seen people wearing surgical masks at the range, but sorry, can't help with info for you Anon
>>
>>28366879
>it gets a little political, the antis try to blow it up into a major health issue.
I haven't noticed the issue being used by antis, just because someone points out that this is a seriously negative gun issue doesn't mean that those people concerned are antis. take OP for example, or the others here like yourself, that understand how bad this is.

it should be addressed sooner than later, firstly because it is morally correct to do so but also as a means of protecting our hobby from people looking for points against it.
>>
>>28366331
the ignorance is strong with this one.

actually gun ranges are pretty shit enviromentally speaking
>>
>>28366348
Dude just wear a surgical mask. If you're super paranoid wear the same kind of mask painters wear.
>>
>>28366438
you are viciously stupid>>28366441
>>
>>28366225
>Shooting ranges
>New york city

Nice bait mate.
>>
drinking plenty of milk after a range trip will help remove lead toxins from your system.
>>
>>28366352
>the earth slowly running out of clean water
Joke's on you, faggot, I live on the Great Lakes. It is almost impossible for me to run out of clean water.

Thank God we have a treaty with Canada saying we can't pump the water away from the Lakes, otherwise all of the faggots living in the desert would have drained them ages ago so they can continue growing grass for golf courses.
>>
Take Vitamin C daily. It takes the lead out.
>>
>>28369030
Calcium - Iron - Vitamin C

ingesting these^ will help but the best course of action is to avoid lead poisoning all together, not to mention the environmental contamination done by gun ranges.
>>
>>28366225
would be pretty hilarious if gun ranges started to convert to unleaded only, all those tards with their 10k+ stockpile hoards.
>>
File: the_road35.jpg (987 KB, 3884x2600) Image search: [Google]
the_road35.jpg
987 KB, 3884x2600
>>28370873
those aren't for the range anon.
>>
>>28371309
all those .22's all the FMJ's

plox
>>
>>28371352
honestly i don't know what the point of having skids of .22 is. i have a few thousand rounds of it stashed if i ever need to teach people how to shoot but new ammo isn't available, but i acknowledge that even that is a little out there.
>>
>>28366409

CONDUCTOR I HAVE A PROBLEM!
>>
>>28371514
I've got ~5k rounds and the reason for that is my folding stock 10-22TD is fun as fuck to bumpfire with bx25 mags out inna rockpit

you can blow through a few hundred rounds of .22lr in half an hour if you have a semi auto rifle. Hell, I've gone through a whole 500rd thunderbolt brick with a Henry lever rifle in one sitting... back in the good ole days when that cost $20 ;_;
>>
>>28366348
the part of ammo that exposes you to lead isn't the bullets kid, it's the primers

any indoor range with a proper ventilation system will be good

the lie that your parents told you about lead staying in your body forever was to keep you from eating paint chips
>>
>>28373546
>I've gone through a whole 500rd thunderbolt brick
yeah i hear you, i was talking more about the folks with of thousands of boxes of .22lr who are going to use it to fend off the u.n. but don't own american 180s.
>>
File: dan son.jpg (62 KB, 611x405) Image search: [Google]
dan son.jpg
62 KB, 611x405
Am I the only one who cringe with this shitty reloading???

Those cases are badly resized!!! That's gonna jam your gun.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.