[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grandpa's guns Appraisal Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Grandpa's guns.jpg (1 MB, 2441x1739) Image search: [Google]
Grandpa's guns.jpg
1 MB, 2441x1739
Hey guys, have an idea on the S&W but not the Walther PP or Mauser .25ACP.

First: S&W Model 19-4. 99% to Unfired condition with original box and materials. Box is somewhat rough but complete. Not sure if grips are factory. My guess is $600-800 value.

Second: Walther PP .32ACP (7.65 on slide). Really excellent condition with no major wear or pitting. Appears to be an earlier one, guessing early 50s? No idea on value.

Third: Mouse gun marked Mauser WTP .25ACP. Very Excellent condition overall with a tiny circle of shallow pitting right side behind trigger. Finish overall is excellent. No idea on value.

I'm checking for my Uncle otherwise I'd definitely keep the S&W and the Walther. He probably won't sell them but wants to know what he could get for them. Appreciate any help.
>>
File: Mauser WTP.jpg (228 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
Mauser WTP.jpg
228 KB, 1500x1125
>>28364817

Here is another picture of the Mauser WTP I found online. My Uncle's is in way better condition.
>>
>>28364817
If he sells any of them you better fucking buy them anon.
>>
>>28365076

Oh I'd love that Walther. The Smith is super nice but I have a Colt Trooper Mk III and couldn't afford to own both.
>>
I would put the Walther at around $750-$850. I think the .32s are worth more?

Maybe as little as $250, but as much as $500 for the .25. It's not a popular caliber, and I'm not sure how much these are worth compared to the 1908 vest pockets. Those go for $450 or so in good condition, I think.

$650 is conservative for the smith.
>>
>>28365315

Thanks for the estimates. Did some digging and found out that the .25 acp one is very rare at least. Only 50,000 were ever made and few made it in to the USA and most were lost/destroyed. Could be a very rare gun but that doesn't always mean expensive.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Walther PP was an original German issued one. I don't believe there's anything on the slide in english and no 'made in w. Germany' indicating post-war. Could be a WW2 capture. Motherfucker, my Uncle is a piece of shit and doesn't deserve those. I'm mad now that I know they're both potentially quite collectible.
>>
>>28365390

What little I could find on the Mauser WTP1

http://old.mauserguns.com/gungalleryWTP.asp
>>
>>28365390
I would definitely ask at least $850 for the Walther. Brand new ppk's and ppk/s go for around $650, and like I said I believe (could be wrong) .32 is worth more than .380 pp's

I would probably list it at $700 starting bid, and see what you could get.

Like I said, the .25 is gonna be hard to price. If it's got pitting, or isn't fire able, it's gonna be worth a mite less.
>>
>>28365464

I'll see if I can lowball him on the Walther PP to keep it in the family. Maybe he'd take $300-400. I just want to shoot it so bad.
>>
>>28364817

Your grandpa sounds like a faget
>>
>>28365549
If you are somewhat competent in gun maintenance, make sure everything is in working order.

I think these like "hot" .32 loads, and I'm pretty sure ball is what you'll have to work with. Find some Fiochi fmj if you can, but I'm pretty sure most decent European brands like S&B will work too.
They can be fussy, and .32 used to be loaded to slightly higher pressures back then I believe.

Come to think of it, that's true of a number of calibers, like .357
>>
>>28365390
Find a way to get those guns. My grandpa was a WW2 vet and brought home an officers ppk with the eagle and swastika on the grip panels. Haven't seen it in years and think my shit uncle pawned it for whiskey money.
>>
>>28365193
Find a way anon. Or you'll regret it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>28364817

$1000 for the lot tops.
>>
>>28365586

That is disgusting. I want a regular PPK in .380 let alone a NSDAP one.
>>
>>28365678
Implying model 19's with short barrels aren't a sought after item.

Like I said, $650 is good for the Smith.
>>
>>28366397

So 2.5" model go for the same as the longer barrel variants? As far as Model 19s go this one should be the cream of the crop, I'd think. Don't really care either was as it's my Uncle's and unless he wants to sell it to me for cheap, whatever.
>>
I think the 2.5" mod. 19 is a little more uncommon but shouldn't be worth much more
>>
>>28364817

I'd pay bout $600 for dat Smith
>>
>>28364817

I work in a fun store and I would put that Walther up for sale for $400ish.
>>
>>28364817

Can anyone make out what it says on the slide or a picture of one? Some .32 PP's are very rare and could be a potentially great find.
>>
>>28364817

S&W model 19s were going for <$400 just years ago. No way your getting 800 for a 19.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.