[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shooting for begginers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: MSW1911_SW108295 (A).jpg (893 KB, 2836x1977) Image search: [Google]
MSW1911_SW108295 (A).jpg
893 KB, 2836x1977
Ended up agreeing to go to a gun range and realized I have never shot a gun before and barely know anything about guns. Any tips for beginners?
>>
are you shooting a handgun or a long gun?
>>
>>28364406
Long gun most likely a shotgun or hunting rifle.
>>
>know basic safety rules
>bring the rifle to your eyes, not the other way around
>dont be a gay
>>
>>28364325
Always assume the weapon is loaded

Never point the weapon at anything you don't intend to destroy (within reason, the ground is usually fine, but at a range point it down range)

Keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire

Be aware of your bullet path, it isn't point and click, shit in front and possibly behind your target will be struck.

Have fun.
>>
>>28364445
>I know the basic safety rules
>I at least know this
>Not gay
Anything else?
>>
>>28364465
Simple enough, thanks man.
>>
>>28364426
the person taking you will probably tell you this stuff again, but here goes:

>get a solid stance
look at how boxers stand, feet shoulder width apart and one slightly behind the other; thats how you should stand. if you're right handed then the gun will rest on your right shoulder, and your right foot will be the one that takes a half step backwards.
>get a solid grip
get a strong grip on the gun, but not too strong that your hands shake. you want to be pulling the gun into your shoulder.

one you have a good stance and a good grip, lean your torso slightly forward and roll your shoulders a bit forward, like you're leaning into the gun. then you put your face right on the stock so that the sights line up.
rifles you squeeze the trigger, shotguns you tap the trigger.
>>
File: m16.jpg (93 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
m16.jpg
93 KB, 1024x640
NOSE PICKER STAYS OFF THE BANG BUTTON
>>
1) Follow safety rules to a T
2) Don't be too proud to ask questions
3) Listen to experienced shooters and the RSOs

That's all.
>>
Keep the end of the barrel pointing towards you at all times especially when firing, it decreases the chance of the bullet hitting someone else.
>>
There are only two things for basic marksmanship, making sure your sights are aligned with the target and squeezing the trigger so you don't screw that up. Once you master those two things, then you can worry about form.
>>
Thumb control anon
>>
>>28364482
Damn this is great. What about for pistols?
>>
Earpro Earpro Earpro Earpro
Guns are fucking LOUD

If the gun kicks so hard it hurts your shoulder, the problem is usually you.
>>
>>28366713
Look up triangle stance for handgun shooting.
Don't teacup, your offhand wraps around your forehand not beneath the grip
Watch out for slide bite, keep your hands free of moving parts.
>>
>>28364482
Not op but why tap the trigger for shotguns?

I only ever shoot rifles because they have always been more available and now that I buy my own guns I've just not gotten around to getting a shotgun. Shot a 12g once when I was like 18.
>>
>>28366816
Thanks I'll keep that in mind. What about someone who wants to one hand shoot
>>
>>28364482
Thanks man, well leaving for the gun range hopefully I won't blow my head off.
>>
If it is a scoped hunting rifle, get your eye at close to the scope as possible for best sight picture
>>
>>28366956
Don't.
>>
>>28364494
My favorite is "Booger hook off the click stick."
>>
>>28369524
I always call it the "booger hook off the bang switch"
>>
>>28366918
Shooting moving targets is more about timing than precision, especially with trap shooting where many shooters swing in front of the clay.
>>
>>28369689
Why not just finger and trigger? All this shit sounds retarded.

OP, tell whomever you're going with that you're new and be open to learning. Is all.
>>
>>28369867
It's a little memory trick.
It's stupid and unusual, and unusual, stupid things stick out in the mind a little easier, at least for me.
>>
>>28367136

Have fun.
Different anon here
Follow my grandpa's words
>it is better to shoot correctly and miss than shoot badly and hit
Sorry for bad English.
>>
Op here.
Just got back from the range and that was a whole lot more fun than I thought it would be. One other guy came with us and he brought his glock and an AR. Got to shoot both of them along with a long range rifle and a western style lever action rifle. Most of the day went normal but at the end of the range there was this guy dual wielding ARs. Other than that we just had a good time.
>>
>>28364325

https://youtu.be/ChSazF41q-s

you're welcome
>>
>>28364325
https://canadianshooter.wordpress.com/holding-the-pistol/
https://canadianshooter.wordpress.com/2-sight-alignment-with-pistols/
https://canadianshooter.wordpress.com/trigger-finger/

Also, figure out which eye is your dominant: http://www.forcenecessary.com/force-necessary-combatives/articles/monocularandbinocularshooting/
>>
>>28367825
...but don't forget to figure out how far into your eye socket the scope will go with recoil. Oh, and learn to filter trolls, that helps.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.