[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Left-handed Fag here. Thoughts on good lefty handguns? I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: ppqm2-right.jpg (34 KB, 940x600) Image search: [Google]
ppqm2-right.jpg
34 KB, 940x600
Left-handed Fag here. Thoughts on good lefty handguns? I'd like an ambi-safety and a slide release on the right side. I've had my eye on a Walther PPQ or PPQM2 for awhile now.

Thoughts?

General Left-hander Gun thread.
>>
File: 43slNAq.jpg (48 KB, 1298x845) Image search: [Google]
43slNAq.jpg
48 KB, 1298x845
im not sinister, but im just saying that this is an interesting thread and maybe we should have a lefty general

picture unrelated
>>
>>28361969
I'm a lefty. Own a XD and Glock. Never had an issue. Next pickup is a Sig despite all the negative shit other left handed people said. Idk OP not sure it's s big deal.
>>
OP here - I have a P22 and I really enjoy the ergonomics of it and the DA. Fits really well into my hand. P99 and variants have had good reviews so far.
>>
>>28361969
Anything made by FN in the last 5 years is suitable for people with disabilities... i mean lefties.
>>
What are your thoughts on the grips? They seem a little boxy, don't they? Kind of like the CZ?
>>
>>28361969
Classic is 100% ambi, clapistani version M2 isn't but the button is reversible. Buy the M2 if you can't find an M1.

Great gun, love mine.
>>
File: 20151224_215915-1.jpg (3 MB, 2227x2229) Image search: [Google]
20151224_215915-1.jpg
3 MB, 2227x2229
>>28361969
I'm wrong handed, too. M&P with the apex trigger. They make them with a decent 1911 style safety. Mine doesn't have one, but I prefer it that way. Haven't had any issues with this thing in over 10,000 rounds. If recommend it to anyone looking for a striker fired gun. They make a .45, too if you prefer that flavor.
>>
>>28362138
Primary use? Range? EDC? What barrel length?

We'll leave girth for another discussion.
>>
>>28362201
I've seen a few of those around. I have a Springfield 1911 - and I like the round, just not the size/cost.

Unfortunately with the M&P now is the abundance of Shields. If I walk into one more gun shop and Fucking Bubba Yokel tries to sell me a Shield after I tell him I'm left-handed I might just buy it just to shoot him.
>>
File: 735af450d1.jpg (378 KB, 1000x764) Image search: [Google]
735af450d1.jpg
378 KB, 1000x764
This is the Dream gun, though. One of the few guns that actually eject to the left. Along with the P1/P38 of course.

Too bad $1000-1500 price range.
>>
>>28362216
>Range? EDC? What barrel length?
Both, standard 102mm barrel. I feed her S&B bulk stuff most of the time. Not a single malfunction in the ~3k rounds I've shot through her.
>>
>>28361969
every gun is a good lefty gun when the wronghanded person shoots righthanded.
>>
>>28362516
Brilliant.
>>
>>28362516
But not so good when the wrong handed right-hand-shooting person changes hands to clear corners. That's why you go ambi.
>>
You can hit the mag release and every other part of a stock CZ 75 with your left hand. I've practiced, and its doable.
>>
If it doesn't have to have an ambi mag release, the doors open up considerably. The sig p320 is in there, and the mag release can be switched to the right side if you like.
>>
>>28365188
With enough practice, any manipulation with the left handed approach is doable.
>>
>>28361969
Just learn to use your index finger to hit slide releases, and the knuckle of your middle finger to hit mag releases; it's super fast and you barely have to shift your grip. Alternately, some flavor of FNX
>>
>>28361969
Lever mag release master race. M2 a shit.

Either way, it's a good choice. Comfy ergos and great trigger.
>>
OP here. /kudos for the replies and advice.

Final question to throw out there - 9mm or .40? My thought is the Walther was designed for 9mm so stick with the 9mm. Everyone I shoot with runs .40 so I'd just have to take care of my own ammo.
>>
>>28361969
The PPQ M1 is the best choice for you. I have an M2 and love it but I'm a rightly tho
>>
HK is pretty much all ambi (not all usp variants are)
Sig p320....... a great gun
>>
>>28368145
9mm all the way. .40 short and weak offers no advantages in return for reduced mag capacity and recoil.
>>
I'm a big walther fan. I've had a p22 target for years and I had a p99 that i should have sold. I have a PPS now was well. They have all been great guns. I would recommend them. I love padal mag release. I have a long palm with shorter fingers and the walther have all fit my hand better then anything else.
>>
>>28361969
I'm a Southpaw, so I got a M&P9.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.