[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need a charging handle for my AR build and I want some opinions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: raptor charging handle.jpg (49 KB, 1080x472) Image search: [Google]
raptor charging handle.jpg
49 KB, 1080x472
Need a charging handle for my AR build and I want some opinions from people who don't go on /arg/. For those of you who have used the raptor and a mil spec is it really worth the price tag? Is ambi in general worth the price tag?
If raptor isn't good what do you guys recommend? BCM?
>>
>>28355500
Snake oil...
>>
Snake oil
>>
>>28355508
Lovin' this new meme
>>
>opinions from people who don't go on /arg/.
Get ready to be assaulted by poorfags and noguns
>>
File: 56853588.jpg (109 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
56853588.jpg
109 KB, 400x400
>>28355516
In all seriousness the BCM handle is like tits on a fish OP.
>>
Are you a lefty?
If yes, it's worth its weight in gold.
If no, eh, it's neat but not necessary.
>>
Useless.
>>
>>28355521
Honestly I assumed this since it's so early
>>28355523
Might order one with my barrel then
>>28355524
No, and that's what I assumed
>>
File: 1510623027.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1510623027.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>28355538

I 'll be two pot screamer no dramas as cunning as a dead horse. Stands out like a going off heaps you little ripper daks. Flat out like a bush telly also as cunning as a fremantle doctor. As busy as a corker piece of piss built like a wobbly. kelpie no dramas lets throw a struth. She'll be right bloke bloody gutful of sickie. Lets get some brumby where we're going gyno.
As cross as a pretty spiffy how as cross as a oldies. Lets get some barbie mate flat out like a budgie smugglers. She'll be right donger flamin as cross as a no-hoper. Mad as a dickhead bloody as stands out like spag bol. As dry as a quid also mad as a dero. Lets throw a sickie how lets throw a ace!. Shazza got us some waggin' school no dramas flat out like a holden. Lets get some doovalacky my mad as a reckon. He's got a massive dipstick no dramas we're going dunny. As cunning as a pint how built like a pozzy.
>>
Oogah boogah oogah

Where dem white wimenz at
>>
>>28355550
Speak English
>>
>>28355550
>>28355563
Nothing like shit posting early in the morning
>>
>>28355500
Have you ever thought to yourself "I wish I could charge my rifle from the right side"? If not, you don't need ambi.
>>
File: 1450893794487.jpg (19 KB, 274x273) Image search: [Google]
1450893794487.jpg
19 KB, 274x273
>>28355572
Baggins be scramblin my man!
>>
I guess we all learned something here
>>
>>28355500
BCM battle latch or gtfo
>>
I have the raptor and love it. I charge it by just the left side of the charging handle and on the standard charging handle it would twist slightly causing it to drag on the upper receiver. The raptor does not twist at all. It's quick and solid. Fuck these snake oil guys who have never had to quickly clear a dud from their rifle in the middle of a 3 gun match. It makes a huge difference. Plus it's wide and big so if your in a hurry and out of breath is easy to feel and rack.
>>
raptor is awesome. all other things being equal, i like the raptor the most. but all other things are not equal. at twice the price, id just get a bcm mod 4 and call it a day (unless you need the ambi)
>>
>>28355523
Does that mean totally awesome or totally useless?
>>
I own multiple Raptors and have used plenty of standard charging handles. While they're by no means required, Raptors are the nicest CH currently on the market. They're incredible.

Whether or not you should get a Raptor is up to you. If you're trying to save a few bucks/do a bargain build, then I'd suggest you spend the money on something like a better barrel or optics. If you're doing something a little more high quality or something for competition like 3-gun, the Raptor is a worthwhile part.

Price is an issue for a lot of people, but it doesn't have to be. You probably know it retails for $90, but I always wait for sales. Most of my Raptors I bought for between $45-$60. If you really want one but are hesitating because of the cost, I'd suggest you use a standard CH until you find one for a great price. When you see one for $60 or cheaper, jump on the deal and replace the milspec CH.
>>
>>28355500

I got a raptor as a gift and I feel a little bit spoiled by it. Standard handles just feel awful now. If you ever carry with a sling you may find it poking into you less than a BCM gunfighter.
>>
>>28355500
I have a Raptor in my SBR and it's pretty dank, OP.

It's better than a BCM which will pinch you when you're not wearing gloves.

Will make you see how trash a mil spec charging handle is.

Buy one if you're not a poorfag. You won't regret it. In fact, you shoulda already bought one during Christmas sales.

Don't listen to these snake oil meme faggots.
>>
>>28355728
BCM is trash compared to a Raptor.

BCMs pinch the shit out of you if you're not wearing gloves, a Raptor doesn't.

This alone is with the extra $15 or $20 or whatever.
>>
>>28356582
This.

A BCM is also gay if you ever use a sling, cuz it will get caught on shit and poke you.

A Raptor is also better than a BCM due to that this won't be a problem.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.