[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/ 2015/12/28/breaking-ruge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Ruger.jpg (532 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
Ruger.jpg
532 KB, 1500x844
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/12/28/breaking-ruger-release-new-polymer-framed-striker-fired-ruger-american-pistol-9mm-45-acp/

I kinda like the looks of it, take down lever is kind weird though almost like a thumb shelf. MSRP~500-550
>>
Looks neat, I might buy one and test it out.

If it proves to be reliable then fucking great. Not long, these things will be nearly SR9 priced.
>>
>>28353465
All of my want.
>>
Good looking gun.
>>
Looks breddy cool
>>
>>28353465
its pretending to be a glock, cute
>>
Kind of ugly but I like that ruger is going hard in ambi controls.
>>
>implying Ruger is capable of making a quality firearm
I don't want to say that it's junk, but... it's junk.
>>
Neat, if they end up going for the $400-$350 range I might try one out.

Also

>Ruger American Pistol
>RAP
>>
Just in time for the new Army handgun trials. Looks like Ruger just serious'd up like they did when creating the P-series.
>>
>>28353465
I'm guessing this is what they designed for the MHS prior to them pulling out
>>
>>28353569
well meme'd, friend
>>
>>28353544
>its pretending to be a glock
You mean it looks like practically every other polymer striker-fired pistol ever made?
>>
grip looks aesthetic as fuck, hope the ergos are better than a lot of Block Brand Block knockoffs
>>
>>28353465
If It had a hammer I'd be interested.
>>
>>28353465
AAAAAAAAGH! THAT FUCKING NUB RIGHT OVER WHERE MY THUMB GOES FOR THE MAG RELEASE! FUCK! HAVE THEY ATTEMPTED TO FIRE THIS MORE THAN ONCE?
REEEEEEE(loads)
>>
>>28353465
I'm not sure if I love or hate the look. The part where the slide and grip meet seems less than ideal. The angled front looks like sex though, and so does the grip.

Neat.
>>
I like Ruger, and I'm sure it'll be solid but goddamn would it kill em to hire someone that knows eve a little bit about styling. At least or has somewhat standard looking sights. Ledge sights would be good and that's really the only complaint I had about the SR series. Seems comfy though.

One of these days they'll just pick a pistol that came out at the wrong time and clone it and update it. Like a Walther P88
>>
>>28354131
>but goddamn would it kill em to hire someone that knows eve a little bit about styling
LCI aside, the SR series is one of the nicest looking plastic striker pistols out there. They make plenty of other nice looking guns too.
>>
>>28354074
>he uses his main thumb for the mag release while still in a firing grip
>he thinks he's doing something good
>>
>>28353465
Anyone else notice the lack of pins in the frame outside of the one above the magazine release? Sig P250/P320 style interchangeable trigger groups/frames? Also, anyone happy that they aren't even going to waste money making it in .40?
>>
>>28353465
looks like the vp9
>>
>>28353465
>Ruger dropping support for .40 S&W
.40 fags BTFO
>>
>>28353465
Looks like the Steyr M9-A1 and VP9 had a love child. Good combo, though.
>>
Uh, they already produce the SR series, what's the point?

Not criticizing, just wondering
>>
>>28355569
It's part of the American series so it might be a budget line. Also as others have posted there is the possibility that this might have interchangeable frames like the P320/P250.
>>
>>28353465
I heard a lot of rumors from local gun stores that Ruger is replacing the LCP this year, I wonder if they are going to make a CC version of this
>>
>>28355676
Good, I hate the LCP.
>>
>>28353465
Right now the P320 is my favorite striker 9mm.

The next Ruger i buy will be the new 10 shot GP100 in 22lr, but I really do want to see one of these.
>>
File: fourtykeks.jpg (34 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
fourtykeks.jpg
34 KB, 292x257
>>28353573
>mfw they release the second version a year later with an unfucked trigger and call it the Ruger American Pistol Enhanced
>>
>>28355761
If they make the
RAPE in .40 cal, they can have an "African American Enhanced EditionĀ®"
>>
meh
>>
Looks like another one of those pistols that won't lock back on empty because your thumb is riding the slide release in a high grip... Why the hell don't they actually look at how people hold weapons when designing this crap?
>>
File: Ruger_P89.png (1 MB, 2150x1633) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_P89.png
1 MB, 2150x1633
>Trusting any semi-auto Ruger product
Do people actually do this?
>>
>>28355915
I put close to 10,000 rounds through a P89 I bought used for 200 bucks. I had less than 10 malfunctions, at least 5 of which I could directly attribute to ammo(another gun shooting from the same box on the same day had the same issues). It barely hiccupped on 9mm hand loads hot enough that they damaged my friends 92. I would trust my life to a Ruger without a second thought.
>>
>>28355930
I was going to say, I thought those guns were supposed to be crude and kind of janky, but pretty much indestructible...
>>
>>28355959
Pretty much. Loose tolerances everywhere, it rattled and clunked in odd ways, it was ugly as sin. But it worked, and it was by far the most reliable handgun I've owned. It only got cleaned about once every five range trips, too. If I hadn't been a dumb kid, I'd have kept it.
>>
>Ruger American
>Colt All American
going to be quality I can tell
>>
>>28355974
>Two different companies
>Producing a different product
>With a somewhat similar name

Yeah no.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.