[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unlucky /k/ related stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 1353927760864.gif (3 MB, 308x175) Image search: [Google]
1353927760864.gif
3 MB, 308x175
>buy new spikes stripped lower
>install mag release button and check for proper fit and mag drop with a random gen 2 pmag, all good
>finish rifle, take it to range to shoot, load up mags
>finish first mag, press mag release
>mag doesnt move, have to manually put the mag out of the well
>no
>test with my other mags (pmags, lancer), all other mags will not drop free when empty from the magwell, with some being tight as fuck
>mfw that single mag i initially tested with when building is the only one that drops free when empty
>>
>>28353351
So what was the issue causing the sticky mags?
>>
>>28353495
no idea. I just assumed the magwell was out of spec. Yet that single mag will drop.
>>
>>28353351
If you had built an ak you wouldnt have this problem.
>>
>>28353560
And here we go...
>>
Just get a VP9.
>>
>>28353351
You should have bought a sebenza their fit and finish is superior.
>>
>>28353560
Mag wouldn't drop if you hit the mag release either on an AK, you'd have to manually rock the mag out.
>>
File: image.png (2 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 750x1334
>>28353351
>Order P-01. The fucking thing is my dream gun.
>Wait two weeks to do my paperwork.
>Wait 10 fucking days because CALIFORNIA YES.
>Take her home, so far so good, dream gun this that.
>Notice one of the grip screws is a little higher than the other.
>Remove the panel.
>The faggot at the factory forced the screw in while the holes were off tolerance.
>Okay, I get it, rubber can be a bitch. So I order a set of wood grips that I wanted to put on anyway.
>They arrive late after Christmas.
>BOTH OF THEM DON'T FIT.
>Both grip screw thread holes are off tolerance by a mil. I'm close to throwing my pistol across the room.

I'll see if my gunsmith can't sand the grips to spec. This doesn't disregard the fact that I'm angry as fuck. I might send it back to the factory whenever I actually have the time to deal with this shit in full.
>>
>>28353908
>mfw I always get the mag stuck
>>
>>28355889
Be angry at yourself. Factory guns always have the risk of over-looked fuck-ups like that. It's your job during the transfer to verify that your weapon is good to go.
>>
>>28353351

> be me, driving the ambulance for the first time in months because I'm a paramedic and rank hath its privileges
> be doing about 35mph in a 40 (thank fuck for GPS) when suddenly, a wild female driver appears.....
> bitch pulls right out in front of me because she was too busy talking on her cell phone to notice the 5 ton vehicle bearing down on her
> lay on the brakes, hit her in the left front fender at a speed of 27mph
> nobody hurt, just really pissed off
> ambulance needs body work
> cops on scene, look in her car, see ancient Police Special in a holster laying in her floorboard
> chick says "OMG, that's my grandaddy's gun! It's been missing for 3 years since he died. This is his old car and I inherited it."
> I stare, partner stares, cop stares....
> finally, I say "Well, obviously you have a gun piƱata here. When we're done, take it to the junkyard and run it into a bunch of stuff and see what else pops out."
>>
>>28356269
I mean, it's a cool story, but how is this unlucky?
Getting in a fender bender?
>>
How about a time I was lucky?

>be 19 at the time
>want to build AR, have all the money saved up
>find out that you can't buy stripped lowers if you're under 21 because lol you might make a "pistol"
>go to fun shop anyway
>chill as fuck asian owner finger fucking a Tavor for fun when I walk in
>ask for lower, when filling out paperwork he just asks "you're building a rifle, yeah?"
>"yup"
>cool
>come back 10 days later because commiefornia
>>
>>28356311

Unlucky for me from the standpoint of paperwork.

God, the paperwork. You'd think with all the monitoring equipment it would all be self explanatory, but I had to write War and Peace after that shit.
>>
>magwell out of spec!
I really, REALLY doubt that.
>>
>>28355889
get and exacto and fix the grips yourself
>>
>>28355889
Should have bought from a quality company like H&K or Glock
>>
>>28356311
Getting into an accident with an ambulance is a fucking bitch
>>
>>28355889
Lol CZ quality
>>
>>28355889
Wow so take a drill bit and drill the hole in the grip a little bigger. Are you this helpless??
>>
How long does it take to do paperwork in commiefornia? Isn't the background check instant? I'm ordering a lower tomorrow and hopefully it will arrive in like four days since it's coming from Washington, so maybe do paperwork on monday the fourth and then wait ten days? Sound about right?
>>
I always get a Shitty example of whatever gun I buy, I never notice the problem it has until I go home and look at it closely. I am like a bad QA/QC magnet and I fucking hate it.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.