[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking idiot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: wtf.jpg (62 KB, 390x392) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
62 KB, 390x392
>On FB
>See Zip Gun for sale
>I this person to remove their post
>Get reply
"Take it down than I don't know how or just don't look at it. I guess ur not interested ."
...Should I just let stupid sort itself out?
This just fucking happened and I'm laughing my ass off.
>>
>>28351152
He wants 100 dollars FOR A COUPLE FUCKING PIPES?

No, anon, he can go fuck himself. Why would you even want to help this dipshit.
>>
If the barrel is at least 18" and it's at least 26" overall it's perfectly legal.

Even if it's not, it's none of your business.
>>
>>28351188
beautiful double dubs wasted
>selling zip guns on FB
>perfectly legal
>>
File: touchmedaddy.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
touchmedaddy.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
B-but..
ISSA GAIM CHANGAH. AINT NEVA BEEN DONE BEFO
>>
>>28351188
>privately selling zip gun
>legal
>>
Does "zip gun" refer to all types of diy firearms?
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 620x350
>>28351152
>$100 or trade
get off Facebook, Rick.
>>
>>28351293
typically. though some, not so much.
>>
>>28351293
Any more, pretty much yeah.

However, its real meaning and original intent is "concealable pistol like firearm that doesn't look like a firearm"
>>
>>28351318
Huh. Assumed it only referred to full-auto open bolt designs.
>>
>>28351212
>>28351239

But it is legal, you fucking moron.

It's a shotgun. Legally classified as a .......shotgun.

There is no category known as "zip gun", that's a slang term.
>>
>>28351239
>>28351212
As long as you're not making them commercially, that is just to sell them I think it's legal in most states.
If you want to do it on any scale you need to be a licensed manufacturer.
>>
>>28351373
Not in CA, where this is being posted. It's not serialized.
>>
S H A L L
N O T
B E
I N F R I N G E D
>>
>>28351411
Since when do you have to serialize? There's no registry there.
Last I checked, 80% build parties were pretty popular in CA.
>>
>>28351423
Legally you can't sell finished 80% lowers, firearms have to be serialized to be sold
>>
File: Really Now.jpg (81 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
Really Now.jpg
81 KB, 447x444
>>28351411
>Not in CA, where this is being posted

And you didn't see that as a notable detail to include in the OP?
>>
>>28351411
nice dubs, Check'd
>>
>>28351373
https://www.atf.gov/file/61721/download
Straight from the ATF.
You can make them provided that it's not for sale or distribution.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 160x160
>>28351438
80% illegal
Okay kid
>>
>>28351441
Genuine apologies.
>>
>>28351443
why do autists like you care so much about repeating digits. I literally never notice dubs unless a neckbeard posts about it.
>>
>>28351438
>Legally you can't sell finished 80% lowers, firearms have to be serialized to be sold

That is not true. You can sell unserialized, homemade firearms as long as you aren't operating as a business.

What constitutes operating as a business? Waht's the threshold? No one knows. It's a massive grey area.

But no one has every been arrested for selling a homemade gun to a friend or even a stranger, unless they've been doing it in large quantities (read: in the dozens).
>>
>>28351438
You can legally sell them though. You just can't do it in quantities without a manufacturer's FFL.

>build one
>tire of it and sell it
Legal.

>build a couple
>sell
>repeat
Illegal.

Yeah, it's dumb, but that's what happens when the ATF plays Calvinball: law enforcement edition.
>>
>>28351475
80% complete firearms are not technically firearms in and of themselves so therefor require no serialization
>>
>>28351423
Must have checked a couple years ago. They killed 80 percent parties. You can't lend someone your cnc or other tools to finish a lower anymore. Even if you're not helping them but merely present it is no.
>>
>>28351423
You can make them just fine, you just can;t sell them. Once you make it, it legally can't be anyone else's unless you serialize it and go through a dealer.
>>
>>28351447
>You can make them provided that it's not for sale or distribution.

And the burden of proof is on the ATF to show that you built it with the sole intent of making a profit.

Which is an extremely hard case to prove. You would pretty much have to explicitly state it while the buyer wears a wire for them to get a conviction.

People sell AR's built on 80% receivers on armslist and facebook swap group pages all the time.
>>
>>28351152
it's probably an FBI sting anyway
>>
>>28351494
Incorrect. I bought an AR-15 80% for that exact reason, and I live in CA.
Perfectly legal, as long as I do the work/operate the machine.
>>
>>28351510
You're wrong and I've already explained why. Post proof otherwise.

Also see >>28351513
>>
>>28351513
>Which is an extremely hard case to prove.

Unless you make like 15 of them and try to sell them off on armslist.
>>
>>28351526
The atf sent letters to people allowing others the use of their machines, even for free, to stop.
>>
>>28351152
holy shit your a wastelander too?

i just saw that shit i have a screen cap of the whole thing.
>>
File: elf child laugh.jpg (22 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
elf child laugh.jpg
22 KB, 500x281
>>28351551
holy fuck
>>
>>28351542
>sell machines to person for $1
>they use them and sell them back to original person for $1
Wow so hard.
>>
>>28351510
>You can make them just fine, you just can;t sell them. Once you make it, it legally can't be anyone else's unless you serialize it and go through a dealer.

That's not true. It just simply isn't true.

This subject has been covered extensively by other parties. I suggest sending an email to Alan Gura, or someone he associates with. They would tell you exactly what I have been telling you ITT.
>>
>>28351542
When was this?
>>
>>28351578
Suppose I'll have to admit fault then. I guess I'll look into it more, my understanding of the law was wrong it seems.
>>
>>28351540
>Unless you make like 15 of them and try to sell them off on armslist.

Yes, but that's not what we're discussing.

The scenario is "I built a gun at home. Can I sell it?". And the answer to that is yes.

If it were illegal to transfer an unserialized firearm, the ATF would be sending rais teams in any time someone inherited one of those pre-1968 Sears & Roebuck shotguns.
>>
>>28351580
Guy on calguns last year. First he was renting his machine. Atf said no. Then it was free but if you wanted to you could tip him or give nothing, then it was full stop, atf on his ass
>>
>on armslist
>see fucking SVU on sale for 2100
>recognize the photo
>its a stock photo from a gun encyclopedia
>boner deflates rapidly

fucking scam postings man
>>
File: Untitled.png (199 KB, 375x749) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
199 KB, 375x749
>>28351575
dude i don't even recognize that guy. do we actually have idiots like that at the event?
>>
>>28351664
The few ruin it for the rest. I met a few dumbasses last year. It really ruins the feeling of family.
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 600x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 600x619
>>28351664
Off by [spoiler] 2 [/spoiler]
>>
>>28351698
last year was really ruined because of all the rule changes and security shit. like i got in early on the set up crew but i was told they were gonna search cars on the way in so i didn't bring my rifle to go shooting after the event. The line they had going was fucking ridiculous people were baking out there for hours.
the year before last i just drove right in at like 3 am.

are you the blue square in the edit?
>>
>>28351757
I'm blue.
And yeah, but as much as I hate to admit it, with the New film came a lot of new wastelanders that needed to be policed. Shame it went so downhill.
>>
>>28351784
>I'm blue
yeah we have met before a couple times before. i kinda got the /k/ vibe from you.

>I hate to admit it, with the New film came a lot of new wastelanders that needed to be policed. Shame it went so downhill.

we will see how it goes this year. From what I've seen the people who acted like a shit weren't welcome in most peoples camp the next year.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.