[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SKS price or alternatives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1450995732628.jpg (859 KB, 950x4000) Image search: [Google]
1450995732628.jpg
859 KB, 950x4000
Hey /k/

There's a fun show coming up and I want an SKS. How much should I pay in today's market and what condition is acceptable for that price? I don't want to pay mint condition money for a beater that's worth half what I paid.

And if I don't find an SKS what are some good alternatives in the same price range ($300-$450 is my budget)
I need it to be rugged, reliable, accurate, and have readily available ammo i.e. basically an SKS. It will be a truck/camping/survival rifle, so it needs to be reliable at the very least.
>>
>>28348830
Well if you find anything under $300 that is still in working condition you better snatch that shit up. Even heavily used but still functional chink sks go for $300 and up but at the same time if prices exceed $450 you are better off buying an ak pattern rifle if you are set on a 7.62x39 rifle.
>>
>>28348933
Thanks
>>
>>28348830
>>28350367
went to a gunshow 2 days ago.
every SKS there was $400 or more, even the bubba'd shit in tapco stocks.
I'd say you're better off checking jgsales, aimsurplus, classic firearms or another online retailer
>>
I had an sks pop up in armslist in my area for $350 and called the guy right off. We were all set to meet and then the shithead flaked on me.
>>28348830
Op, where's your show? Not the one here in Asheville this weekend is it?
>>
>>28351208
Nah, it's in Florida. That sucks about the guy bailing though.
>>
>>28351228
Word, good luck m8.

My only suggestion for a similar rifle would be a savage axis or something similar
>>
File: 1444731883269.jpg (15 KB, 364x340) Image search: [Google]
1444731883269.jpg
15 KB, 364x340
>>28348830
I jumped from an sks, to a vz2008, to a wasr 10.

I seen iv8888 "ultimate ak meltdown" he used a wasr, it didnt last 300 rounds full auto. Thats a $550-650 rifle. I priced a vepr today $800. His second ak meltdown video thats what he used, and it truly lived up to the ak stereotype.

But i dont wana spend $800 right now. I wana spend $500.

Should i buy an sks, or should i upgrade my .45 to fire .460 rowland?

Both will run me about $550 if i include the cost of ammo. I want something i can use to protect my 2nd amendment right.

I cant justify buying the wasr anymore, i like the sks, .460 kicks ass. Help.
>>
>>28348933

Ugh, not OP but I'm in the market for an SKS as well and this is what I fear I'll find at the gunshow I'm going to in mid January. I live in Maryland so an AK isn't an option and Vz58s are going for 800+ now from what I've seen.
>>
>>28351321
Century is so fucking on and off with their quality. Wasrs vary greatly in quality because there's a few companies including Century who put the kits together. The kits themselves are just standard military spec AK kits that either get decently built or fucked up in the assembly process. My Vz2008 is spot fucking on but I've seen some seriously fucked wasrs. That being said you can get a DDI AK for a pretty reasonable price.
>>
>>28352053
>tfw moving to MD for a year because I'm stupid
>tfw both of my rifles are somehow compliant despite me not having known I was going there when I bought them
>>
File: SKS Collage.jpg (3 MB, 1916x3240) Image search: [Google]
SKS Collage.jpg
3 MB, 1916x3240
>>28348830

I bought this Christmas Eve at my (usually overpriced LGS). I wanted an SKS for shits and gigs and $300 was my absolute limit unless it was Russian or MINT.

I'm very happy with mine for $300, can't wait to shoot it.
>>
i know Yugos have non-chromed barrels, but it is really worth the extra hundred bucks or so the beat to hell chink SKSs go for if I make sure to clean my gun after shooting surplus or if I only shoot non-corrosive and store my guns well?
>>
>>28352444

I'm the poster above you and my barrel is also non-chromed, and it is absolutely MINT. No idea if it was ever flushed out or not, but it appears to have been shot a good bit.

Almost every single Nagant I've seen had a good bore, despite how beat to shit it was. Don't sweat it, they don't corrode that easily.
>>
Anybody know where I can find cheap SKS food that's legal to shoot at a Commifornia gun range, i.e., no steel case or core?
>>
>>28352444
Chromed barrels will last longer even with noncorrosive, but it is unlikely that you will shoot your rifle enough to see accuracy degredation
>>
>>28354296
Yugo M67 brass cased copper clad lead core corrosive surplus
>>
>>28354462
Thanks. Any tips on cleaning it afterwards so I don't ruin my rifle?
>>
>>28354475
Soapy water down the bore and let dry, then oil the shit out of it
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.