[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kershaw knives
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
My very first Kershaw knife and my first and only assisted opening knife thats also gladly American made.

I have like over 20 something knives in my knife collection, I bought this one for work (armed/professional security guard at shopping center and driving patrols, got all my certs:Taser, baton, OC spray, .40 exposed carry pistol permit,1stAid/CPR/AED )
>>
>>28348623
>>
>>28348623
Here is your reply.
>>
>>28348623
in my collection, I have only American, Japanese, and European (German, Swiss, Austrian) made knives
>>
>>28348623
OP here, continued the brands I own are:
Ontario, SOG, Kabar, Glock, Boker, Gerber, Cold Steel, Case XX.

Any ways I paid about $31 for the Kershaw Link 1776, but it normal retails for more like $70 something.
>>
>>28348637
Do you know if the made in China Kershaws were any good?
>>
>>28348875
I have an Oso Sweet. It's a good knife.
>>
>>28348875
they suck, but chances are you wont notice
>>
>>28350350
Im just concerned my US made 1776 Link is made from in China with just USA printed in China same with the handle molded in China.

I heard Leatherman and Streamlight are both made in China but assembled in USA.
>>
>>28351252
Leatherman makes most of their components in the USA, but gets a few from abroad (saws come from Austria I know, wouldn't be surprised if a few parts were made in China).

Streamlight probably gets their LEDs from China, and maybe a few other parts, but most likely all the machined and injection molded parts were done here.
>>
>>28351290
ok good and thanks for the info mate!
>>
just got a cryo II with g-10 scales, as a new budget edc for work.
>>
i would like kershaws more if they didnt put their shitty torsion bar in everything.
>>
File: trashman.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
trashman.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>28348623
>knife collection

Fuck off with your folding pocket fedora man jewelry factory edge collection faggot.

Also Kershaw is dogshit.
>>
>>28351252
they do runs here at KAIs factory with the ZT knives in portland oregon i believe
the chinese knives look exactly the same but they don't say USA on them
even if i'm wrong worst case scenario you've got chinese handles but american blade which is what's going to count anyway at that price
>>
>>28356370
yeah that doesnt sound too bad
>>
>>28355195
Enjoying your hand made knives from China?

Paul Chen faggot?
>>
>>28359342

Speak English you sperging memetard.
>>
>Buy Kershit Knife
>50 bucks
>4 inch, stone washed, assisted open.
>Give it my durability test
>Throw it against a Fence post
>2nd throw the pivot shears off

I'm not even kidding, kershaw is pathetic.
>>
File: 1451432144069.jpg (219 KB, 1273x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451432144069.jpg
219 KB, 1273x1024
>>28361288
>breaking your own shit to prove a point to noone
>>
>>28361288
you're retarded
>>
>>28362118
How long do you think Bloch was painting those people before they noticed him creeping on their meal?
>>
File: img_3556.jpg (95 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
img_3556.jpg
95 KB, 640x480
The one and only time I had an assisted opening knife it was a Kershaw. Nicely made, very fucking sharp and it opened in my pocket and thankfully instead of stabbing me in the leg it just cut my pants open and then fell out and got lost.

I bought a Mel Pardue Benchmade Griptilian and never looked back and have had the same knife for over a decade now. This was back in...2003 I want to say.

It has gone on three deployments to Iraq with me and it has lost a lot of the ease of smooth opening it used to have, but I had it sharpened at BassPro and it is still a great fucking blade.

If I had 100 bucks I would buy a new one, but really I would just love to have my old ones internals cleaned up and repolished to make it very smooth to open again. Sand fucked it up on it's bearing after being opened in the desert 10,000 times.

Best knife I have ever owned.
>>
>>28362279
>faggot butterfly on your pocket pussy deflector
>>
>>28362279
>griptillian
>sand in bearings

If you had a knife and got sand in its bearings then it wasnt a griptillian. They will just be washers on either side of the blade. Take it apart, clean it out, oil it, good to go.
>>
>>28362279
Send that shit to BM and they will sharpen and freshen it up for free.
>>
>>28351290
Yeah I think just the screwdriver bits are China.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.