[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snake Oil
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 38
File: XBCMGFH4.jpg (128 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
XBCMGFH4.jpg
128 KB, 800x520
>>
ITT: OP let's 4chan know that he doesnt know what snake oil means

Now those one piece gas rings.

THOSE are snake oil.
>>
They're nice charging handles, but really don't offer that much over cheap ass Mil Spec ones. I have used a PRI Gas Buster and really wasn't a fan.

Black Nitrided Bolt Carrier Groups. The only part that would ever need a coating is the actual bolt itself.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 350x350
How's that snake oil, retard? I charge my rifle with my left hand and the standard charging handle skins my knuckle
>>
File: 1439064052304.gif (719 KB, 293x182) Image search: [Google]
1439064052304.gif
719 KB, 293x182
>>28348565
Seems like you don't, friendo.

Charging handles are pure fauxperator tacticool poser garbage whose only contribution to weapon manipulation is to train you how to do it wrong. A charging handle is a weak component, you operate it with relatively little force, pinching between thumb and index finger. You don't slam your palm into it like a gorilla and rip it out of the gun like you're starting a lawnmower, it's made of thin aluminum. If you can't pinch and pull, the problem is too severe to be solved by leveraging more force against the charging handle like a chimp in heat; mortaring or disassembly is required.

>>28348586
Your fault for having a genetic flaw. I bet you have 32 teeth, a functioning appendix, and other 1,500,000 year old degenerate lizard traits too. You actually make me sick to think about, you subhuman throwback trash. Stop holding back progression of the species and castrate yourself.
>>
File: 1433908090124.gif (2 MB, 340x225) Image search: [Google]
1433908090124.gif
2 MB, 340x225
ACTUAL SNAKE OIL PRODUCTS TIER

BAD levers

Windows on magazines (fucking really, who cares, now visible round indicators on the back, sure, great)

Retarded exotic coatings on bcgs

The vast majority of lubricants (which mostly work, but are massively overpriced lubricants repurposed from what they were originally designed for and sold at a massive markup... frog lube is actually some sort of conveyor belt lube, for instance) If you're one of those faggots on ar15.com sperging out over the new hot SLIP9000 lubricant and how it makes your gun run for 100 straight rounds you should fucking kill yourself.

Billet receivers (It's just for looks, don't act like it's tier one)

Accuwedges. Just get an O ring you dork.

Glock aftermarket triggers. I bought a $240 Zev fulcrum kit and it still feels like shit compared to most everything else non glock. Gun still shoots well but what a waste! A cheapo connector would have done about as much.

SORTA USELESS BUT SOMETIMES NOT TIER

Laser boresights. If it's a red laser it's only going to be daytime visible to fairly close ranges, and you might as well just sight in at 25 yards then adjust later anyway. That's easy enough to do by pulling the bolt and looking through the barrel on most things.

Gas buster handles. I shoot suppressed and I get the point on some rifles, but you're better served with an adjustable block anyway. Plus, 90% of the people who have these bizarrely do not have cans. They do work as advertised but I never found gas in the face to be a major problem with MOST ars.

Monopods- just get a rear bag.

THERE ARE CHEAPER ALTERNATIVES AND YOU ARE JUST THROWING MONEY AT A PROBLEM THAT CAN BE CORRECTED MORE EASILY WITH PRACTICE TIER

Most aftermarket triggers for ARs. They are vastly superior to milspec, I will not argue. But you are probably not best served with a $200 trigger in a $500 gun. They definitely have their place, but you can doctor a GI trigger pretty well, and spend the remaining $199.50 on ammo.
>>
>>28349700
>Monopods- just get a rear bag.

Tell that to DTA
>>
>>28349700
>ACTUAL SNAKE OIL PRODUCTS TIER
>Windows on magazines
lets you see how many rounds you have in a magazine
exactly what it claims it will do
how is that snake oil?
>>
>ITT: ANYTHING I DON'T LIKE IS SNAKE OIL!!!
>>
>>28349700
I don't have any issues with what you said except that I keep hearing that polishing a gi trigger is a waste of time. My gi I will eventually replace because it's got a fair amount of travel, but I haven't yet because I still shoot very good groups with it
>>
>>28349475

>gingerly pinching your charging handle with your thumb and index finger

oh my god ahahahaha there are people that actually do this?

my recon marine buddy does that as a joke like "haha this is how a pussy charges his rifle" but I didn't actually think anyone did it like that ahaha I'm gonna tell him about this post.
>>
File: endit.png (11 KB, 694x448) Image search: [Google]
endit.png
11 KB, 694x448
>>28349475
>you operate it with relatively little force, pinching between thumb and index finger
People do this?
>>
>>28349475
>Charging handles are pure fauxperator tacticool poser garbage whose only contribution to weapon manipulation is to train you how to do it wrong. A charging handle is a weak component, you operate it with relatively little force, pinching between thumb and index finger. You don't slam your palm into it like a gorilla and rip it out of the gun like you're starting a lawnmower, it's made of thin aluminum.

You're retarded. I had a milspec charging handle and I bent that shit without even doing tacticool garbage. I've got a BCM extended latch now and I can tell you it's 100% better. However, considering you probably don't even own a gun (airshit ARs don't count, boyo) you wouldn't know.
>>
i've built many mustangs and i swear there are guys like this in every hobby. gun is better because they spent more on useless parts that didnt need replacing.

its way cooler to do more with less
>>
>>28349475
>treat your rifle like a tender ginger bread cookie
>if you grab him to hard his smile will go away!
>be sure to baby all your tools because they are weak and fragile, just like you
>>
>>28348548

I would not own an AR15 without a Mod 4 charging handle. The bigger latch makes charging so much easier. And they cost like what $35? no reason not to own one....
>>
>>28348548
I like the ones that are only slightly longer, but a lot stronger than the standard handles. But the ones with handles on both sides or the retardedly extended ones. Years ago when I built my first AR, I forgot the charging handle so I bought one of those badger-tech latches from a friend the fucking thing was the size of a quarter. The first time I slung it up with a few mag pouches I noticed my gear caught the handle and would continuously take the gun out of battery.
>>
File: 1422067322575.jpg (111 KB, 700x701) Image search: [Google]
1422067322575.jpg
111 KB, 700x701
>10mm
>.357 sig
>eezox
>magwell grips on ar15's
>afgs
>morale patches
>>
>>28349781
>not being able to fucking count
>>
>>28350125
>Stop liking things I don't like -tier
>>
>>28349700
>Laser boresights. If it's a red laser it's only going to be daytime visible to fairly close ranges, and you might as well just sight in at 25 yards then adjust later anyway. That's easy enough to do by pulling the bolt and looking through the barrel on most things.

My laser boresight was the greatest gun related purchase I've ever made. I actually thought one of my sights adjustments were broken until I used the boresight and found it worked.

Now overpaying for a boresight? Sure. I've seen them for 50-70 bucks! But 20 bucks? Really really convenient.
>>
>>28349700
On this note:

PSA EPT. Cheap as hell, and amazing. Unless you're a competition shooter, I'd say it's the best "combat" trigger out there.
>>
>>28350125
>magwell grips on ar15's

This TBQFH.
>>
>>28350183
>those with mathematical disabilities shouldn't own firearms

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
File: 1432200155072.jpg (13 KB, 208x199) Image search: [Google]
1432200155072.jpg
13 KB, 208x199
>>28349475
>poser
>o
>s
>e
>r
>>
>>28349700
>100 straight rounds
fucking kek
>>
>>28350219
This. Bought one with swappable barrel plug things and use it to sight in all my toys "nearly there" at home, so I just shoot a few rounds and zero perfectly at the range within minutes.

I understand if someone doesn't like them, but they are useful as hell.
>>
>>28350125
>moral patches

Doesn't fall under snake oil. But, I agree with the sentiment.
>>
>>28349835
It's not a waste of time, but you'll never turn it into a Geissele/Timney/AR Gold. Too much takeup that you can't get rid of (safely).
>>
>>28349700
Aww. I really like the BAD lever. Why do you consider it snake oil?
>>
>>28350309
>>28350219

Not denying they work, and at $20 it's a fine purchase. But boresighting a firearm generally can be done just looking through the barrel.

As long as your sights/scope have adjustments true to what they are supposed to be, it's easy enough to get on target so long as you can put rounds on the paper at all.

Again, my list does make allowances. Those definitely fall in the "sometimes" tier. But trying to boresight with a red laser on a bright day? Miserable (in my experience) and it's easier to pull the bolt and look straight through.
>>
>>28350260
All things considered, I wouldn't trust the quality of my arithmetic when if a self-defense situation.
>>
>>28350339

Just never found it very useful. Bought one when I was big into tacticooling up my ARs (admittedly now I barely shoot them outside of my 458 Socom, which is the most fun of my ARs... and also one of the cheapest) and broke mine pretty quickly. It also didn't do anything I couldn't do quickly on my own. Feels pretty HSLD and tacticool, but that's not a problem in and of itself. I just don't feel the problem it addresses really needs addressing.

There's nothing wrong with owning whatever you want to put on your gun. Some people will act like things that are barely or not a performance increase are practically mandatory, though.

I'll go ahead and throw 45 degree safeties in that camp too.
>>
>>28349475

You know how I know you've never seen combat or operated an AR with a scope on it?

Jesus, you really operate a weapon like you're sampling dainty little finger cakes at tea time? Holy fuck, do you use special gloves so you don't get your hands dirty or leave the smell is gunpowder on your fingers? Are you Audry fucking Hepburn? Christ, I'll take the mongrels and and lizard men polluting the gene pool before I have some androgynous little weeb shit pretending to know anything. Go back to your Prius and Coexist bumper stickers.
>>
>>28350219
This.

Would it be a waste on a relatively cheap, commonly available caliber? Perhaps. You'd have to do a LOT of re-zeros for it to pay for itself.

But for large or rare, expensive calibers, the difference between zeroing in 10 rounds and zeroing in 4 rounds can be $40+. Considering the Bushnell multi-caliber arbor laser boresighter is like $25 it literally can pay for itself in the first use.
>>
File: 1438201049391.png (177 KB, 580x280) Image search: [Google]
1438201049391.png
177 KB, 580x280
>>28350361

You looking at the side of your gun in a well lit room and counting out the rounds in that magazine in a self defense situation? Hell, you can't see 10-11 of the rounds anyway because the magwell covers them up.
>>
>>28350317
>moral
The post you quoted literally fucking spelled it correctly. What the fuck.
>>
>>28350339
Because your hand has to be RIGHT ON THE BOLT RELEASE during a reload anyway. It saves no time, costs extra money, and brings another point of failure. It also greatly impedes on the trigger guard, something that is bad if you have to wear anything other than thin shooting gloves due to weather.
>>
>>28350374
You don't use a mag window to count them out, you just get a vague idea.

But what do I know, I've never cared to own anything other than a GI mag or bakelite.
>>
>>28350370
I like you
>>
>>28350374
How does the point of the window miss your head by that much?
>>
File: DSC05965.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
DSC05965.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
> ACTUAL SNAKE OIL PRODUCTS TIER
> BAD levers

How about these are these snake oil?
>>
>>28348573
>really don't offer that much over cheap ass Mil Spec ones
this has to be bait
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 500x375
This is the most useless thing to put on a ar hands down.

Snake oil
>>
>>28350327
That's what I've been hearing. And the take up is what irks me
>>
>>28350533
>snake oil
Do you know the definition of snake oil?
It is "something that is supposed to do X (in this case improve the function, accuracy, or reliability of a firearm) but does not do X

Those are purely aesthetic. They're literally morale patches for your rifle. Nobody claims otherwise, therefor they cannot by definition be snake oil.
>>
>>28350372
>Would it be a waste on a relatively cheap, commonly available caliber?

I don't think so. I use it to sight in a .22 at my home so when I take it to the range I have to do zero additional work and can just start plinking.
>>
File: Dustcovercomposite.jpg (3 MB, 3072x3440) Image search: [Google]
Dustcovercomposite.jpg
3 MB, 3072x3440
>>28350544
I will have you know that my rifle started performing markedly better as soon as goatson was made a part of it.
>>
>>28350363
>>28350412
>this way is markedly more inconvenient, so it's better
>ITT: tactical hipsters
>>
>>28350412
When I owned one I just used it to lock the bolt back at the range without having to re-adjust my grip. After getting semi-serious about using my AR during HD/SHTF I took it off to avoid any malfunctions it might induce.
>>
File: toon-link-let-go-eightmelodies.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
toon-link-let-go-eightmelodies.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
Just when I forget how autistic /k/ really can be, you guys find new and exciting ways to remind me.
>>
>>28349748
Or get a sock and fill it full of airsoft BBs. Works kind of like a lightweight portable sandbag
>>
>>28350412
>>28350587
>malfunctions it might induce
Like what? If it brakes it's not going to brake your mag release.
>greatly impedes the trigger gaurd
>I have fat fingers because I'm over weight: the post
>>
>>28350575

That is exceptionally gay
>>
>>28350668
>Like what? If it brakes it's not going to brake your mag release.

Prematurely locking the bolt back or not locking the bolt back at all. Its not a common problem and seems to have more to do with out of spec bolt releases or springs but its not something I cared to gamble on with a rifle I might use to save my life. At the range I wouldn't look down on someone using one though.
>>
>>28350742
>seems to have more to do with out of spec bolt releases or springs
Literally admitting its a shit bolt release fault and not the lever.
>>
>28350125
>.357 sig
>eezox
>magwell grips on ar15's
>afgs
>morale patches

Fixed that for you
>>
>>28350895
>defending magpul bad levers this strongly
>damage control: the post

kekles
>>
>>28350500
They do exactly what they advertise, they are in no way snake oil

Just like most things in this thread, snake oil =/= things you don't like
>>
>>28350575
Where'd that come from?
>>
>>28350959
Damage control for what anon? That anon or you have just admitted that a shitty bolt catch would be to blame.
I'm really curious how these claims of an ar15 not working due to the bad lever itself. It makes no sense to anyone of intellect higher than a toad. Are you a retarded toad anon?
>>
>>28350575
Spotted the /v/edditor
>>
>>28350723
>>28351070
<3
>>28351012
Tacticalgearjunkie.
>>
I don't think much that is gun related is 'snake oil', because they all generally do what they say they're going to do in SOME way. Just what they say they do is stupid or unnecessary.

Like this, I figured this was some bullshit when I saw it, but hell some people hate that sproing sound from their buffer tube.
>>
>>28351035
>im too stupid to google anything

Stay lazy, fatbody.
>>
>>28351124
I'm one of the people who does hate the sproing sound but not enough to get one

I also don't know if it works with A2 stocks
>>
>>28351115
You may know, do you have any idea where I could find a manual for Edstrom Elit diopter sights?

Just got a CG-63 and wouldn't mind having an original reference.
>>
>>28351241
>I'm too stupid to understand how to properly argue
>I have never attended a single college class and debated
I'm not the one making those claims anon, stay retarded.
>>
>>28350125
Eezox is the shit
Froglube is snakeoil
>>
>>28350125
do you actually know what snake oil is?
>>
>>28348586
You do know that the AR charging only needs a pull right?
You do know that the handle retracts by itself after it is chambered right?
If you have to put in your whole hand in just to pull that little lever and not the tips of your finger, you are a weak little faggot right?
>>
>>28350219
i agree with this poster. I rarely have a good spotter and getting on paper is important. I mess around with my set up a lot. having a cheap bore sight has saved me a lot of head ache. Plus when you are taking a no guns and you can zero be for you empty the first mag means you can hand it over much faster and that can mean less akward down time for a no guns.
>>
>>28351477
>I agree with this poster
You can just say "I agree with you" and not sound like a fucking pleb

Or like you've lurked here for more than a day
>>
>>28351124
The first few shots I took with my newly built AR the spring was loud as fuck. I polished the inside of the tube and added a bit of oil and it more or less died down. I totally looked at getting one of these if that was just how ARs sounded. So it maybe a fix for stupid.
>>
File: picture-13-24.png (405 KB, 890x345) Image search: [Google]
picture-13-24.png
405 KB, 890x345
This garbage. Even the fucking hajjis do not retarded shit like this.
>>
WHY?!?!?

FUCKING WHY?!?!?!?!?!?

WHY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?
>>
What if a product claims to be snake oil, but then actually does something worth the money? Is it still snake oil because it wasn't snake oil?
>>
>>28351599
I personally enjoy hearing the sproing and rattle of the buffer spring in my rifle.

Granted, the walnut stocks make it resonate so much.
>>
>>28351608
>>28351631
It's for kill shots
>>
>>28351608
Okay that doesn't make sense when he has a Eotech
>>28351631
This on the other hand makes more sense.
Why? Because I guess it works
>>
>>28351608
>>28351631

3 gun, homie.
> Faster, homie.
>>
>>28351720
>Why? Because I guess it works
I have to agree, I mean, if the gun is set up to be handled like that, more power to the shooter?
>>
Curved 20 round AR mags

I don't know why they curve them or if it somehow encourages feeding or something, but 20 round GI mags work just fine and don't look slightly crazy
>>
>>28351298
it comes with a spacer for the longer tube
>>
>>28351833
Oh, cool. That;'s good to know if I ever get one

Maybe if I buy a suppressor I will
>>
File: ar-15-rifle-double-trigger-in3.jpg (39 KB, 481x326) Image search: [Google]
ar-15-rifle-double-trigger-in3.jpg
39 KB, 481x326
most of these i feel aren't true snake oil... this I feel is. I believe they bank on the paint baller idea of tickling to shot faster. Of course this retarded. The trigger needs a lot more pressure then an electric switch paintball gun.
>>
I fuckin love my BCM large lever
>>
File: boxer-dog.png (525 KB, 589x651) Image search: [Google]
boxer-dog.png
525 KB, 589x651
>>28351124

yea fuck that spring sound.

My first real battle rifle was an M1A and then when I got an AR years later I was like "WTF!? Its all springy and shit!!1" The light recoil and cheap ammo is cool though, oh and not deafening everyone within ten meters of me on the range is nice too I guess. Newfags cant into doubling up their earpro.

>range kiddies face when I fix bayonet and proceed to mag dump 20rds of 7.62x51 from my glorious M14 Clone
>>
>>28348548
Fuck you OP.The BCM charging handle is made of magic and awesome. I don't know how they manage to make it feel so much better than a standard ch but they did. Wouldn't own an AR without one.
>>
>>28350125
I actually prefer to grip the magwell. Forward grips are unnecessary additions imo

But you don't need a grip to grip the magwell anyway, so there's that
>>
>>28351727
>Faster

If speed is your goal, iron sights are not the way to get there.
>>
>>28350412
it works great if you are left handed like me, same as after market charging handles.
>>
File: 57 a shit.png (802 KB, 855x765) Image search: [Google]
57 a shit.png
802 KB, 855x765
>>
>>28349841
>Recon marine buddy
Confirmed for power bottom
>>
>>28349901
Used milspec ars for six years in army, thank me for my cervix. Never had anything more than slight ware on ch. Stop operating like an ape. I bet your break pads only last 10k miles too
>>
>>28350003
I no rite I fucking use mine as a prybar and mallet
> real talk
>>
>>28350052
Fucking fagot detected
>>
>>28350089
>I like the cocks that are longer but only slightly thicker
This guy
>>
File: 1326250165888.jpg (85 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
1326250165888.jpg
85 KB, 1000x667
90% of the muzzle devices competing against one another do not do one thing better than their competitor and vise versa. That is not to compare a compensator to a break, but to compare break to break and comp to comp. Most of the shit on the market functions exactly the same as the other with differing aesthetics and pricing. Personally, I like my Effin-A adjustable comp because it's different. I'll see a Lantac Dragon or one of the common Troy breaks or anything like that, but I've yet to run into someone else that has an effin-a comp. Also also, that's not to say that any particular muzzle device is bad or no improvement over a standard A2 birdcage. Just that manufacturers like to say that their shit can outperform someone else's stuff.
>>
>>28350500
Market it as a must need product
> it do what it do
> not snake oil
>George Costanza face
>>
>>28350575
Goatse.cx
>>
>>28349700
Froglube is fucking amazing though
>>
>>28351124
This is the most snake oil-y thing in this thread, especially when you can put a line of lithium grease on your spring and it stops the sprong sound.
>>
>>28352963
Well there are those muzzle brake and flash hider tests which quantified the recoil reduction of a shitload of devices
>>
File: 2.jpg (209 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
209 KB, 1280x800
Post actual snake-oil
>>
>>28350374
You do realize most windowed mags have a little colored thing that shows how many rounds are in it, sort of like the gas gauge on your car, and you're not just counting the rounds right? Because I'd really like to think someone on the internet wouldn't post shit about something they know next to nothing about
>>
>>28351241
>I'm too stupid to realize that people might actually want some facts to back up my argument
Stay retarded. Or better yet, trip so I can filter you
>>
>>28351124
Do people really not lube the buffer/tube?
>>
File: 1450771250379.png (391 KB, 443x391) Image search: [Google]
1450771250379.png
391 KB, 443x391
>>28352897
>he's got cocks on his mind
Anon when you're seeing the word cock in benign posts, something's telling you it's time to get the dragon dildo and rub one out.
>>
>>28353340
Some of my gun friends don't grease their buffer/buffer spring, I hate that spoing sound when I shoot their rifle. They don't grease it because it will get dirty.
>>
>>28353331
What is filter?
>>
>>28353340
Lubing the tube
I like the sound of that
>>
>>28353503
Newfag get out
>>
>>28348548
I always laugh at these threads, mostly because actual Chinese Snake oil has legitimate anti inflammatory effects which was the intended purpose.

Basically you are calling something a fake by comparing it to something that was a legitimate product.
>>
>>28351927
>I'll take basic physics for $200
>what is leverage?
>>
>>28349700
>BAD levers
Those have a demonstrable purpose though. As a lefty I don't give a shit but they work.
>Windows on magazines (fucking really, who cares, now visible round indicators on the back, sure, great)
Are transparent magazines stupid too? Because again they're useful.
>Retarded exotic coatings on bcgs
Less friction is bad?
>The vast majority of lubricants
Agreed.
>Billet receivers (It's just for looks, don't act like it's tier one)
Agreed with the exception of ambi billets, those are cool.
>Accuwedges. Just get an O ring you dork.
Do orings work? NEAT. Still there are worse ways to spend $5.
>Glock aftermarket triggers.
Yep.
>>
You know, I'm surprised someone hasn't marketed literal snake oil as a lubricant yet.
>>
>>28353742
On it.
>>
>>28353340
Lube generally doesn't stop the noise. The noise is from roughly finished, inexpensive buffer tubes with deep chatter and machining marks on the inside. My more expensive tubes (Vltor, Colt or other $40+) don't sproing but my Doublestar, DPMS and Brownells ones do. The Doublestar sproing was slightly reduced with very light oil.
>>
>>28354038
I've never heard this sproing noise in my many years of shooting ARs, granted they have all been colts and bcms.
>>
>>28349475
Wanna know how everyone ITT knows your a nonfuns faggot?
>>
>>28349700
>not recognizing froglube masterace
Die in a car fire
>>
>>28349475
It gets -20 here. I like having the ability to load my rifle and not lose my fingers to frostbite thnx. Go back to fondling your dad's gun now pls.
>>
>>28349700
I'm 100% sure you don't own any guns.
>>
File: 1450330782750.jpg (102 KB, 771x900) Image search: [Google]
1450330782750.jpg
102 KB, 771x900
>>28351687
>>
ITT: People who think anything they don't like or use = snake oil
>>
>>28350125
I bought an AR from a pawn shop brand new. They had it priced about $600 less than it should have been. Didn't even realize it had a Geissele trigger in it at first.

I'm never buying a gun with a milspec trigger again, and if I do it's getting swapped out for a Geissele, Timney, Jewel, etc.
>>
>>28349841
>>28349870
don't get it, are you not supposed to do this?

best image i could find but i'm sure you'll understand
>>
File: 164428.jpg (58 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
164428.jpg
58 KB, 880x660
I'm sure as a CLP it's fine, but I've heard some claims that it's used for everything, including people ingesting it in folk medicine.
>>
>>28351631
OMG WHY CAN'T I COWITNESS THESE IRONS WITH MY MAGNIFIED OPTIC
>>
>>28354187
I'm partially deaf in my right ear, so it only appears when I shoot left handed.
>>
>>28354322
It's 4chan. Everyone is noguns, what do you expect?

Yes, that's how you're supposed to do it. Some folks really like justifying snake oil though.
>>
File: charging handle.jpg (152 KB, 1483x1600) Image search: [Google]
charging handle.jpg
152 KB, 1483x1600
>>28349475
>>28354322
correct way
>>
>>28348548
>>28348573
>Buying a BCM gunfighter charging handle...

>not getting the ambi...

Well you fucked up.
>>
>>28354455
Back in my day the ambi didn't exist.
>>
>>28354455
How do you not get the extensions caught in your gear/clothing (often taking the gun out of battery)? Unless you actually are a lefty why would you want the ambi? I find the BCM small latch to be perfect for my uses.
>>
>>28354736
How fucking inept are you?
>>
>>28354448
Kill your faggot self
>>
File: 1-Down.jpg (68 KB, 884x800) Image search: [Google]
1-Down.jpg
68 KB, 884x800
>>28354748
>implying a hook sticking nearly one inch off the side your rifle isn't a snag hazard

I can't wait until school resumes. And I noticed you didn't answer the whole "why" question.
>>
>>28354765
>NEARLY ONE INCH
Are you a woman? Because your spatial awareness is pic related.
>>
>>28350089

mod 5 life
>>
File: warrant for (you).jpg (58 KB, 537x720) Image search: [Google]
warrant for (you).jpg
58 KB, 537x720
>>28354781
I don't have one you confounded little tard, isn't that obvious? Seeing as my small BCM latch MEASURES ~.75" from the lower I made an extraordinary leap of logic and assumed that the LARGE latch was LARGER. Does all that jive with you champ?
>>
>>28354798
>I don't have one and lack a basic grasp on their dimensions
>WELLP THAT QUALIFIES ME TO SPEAK ABOUT IT AS AN AUTHORITY
>>
>>28354764
Are you retarded? That's how you do it quickly and efficiently. You don't even need your thumb there, you just hook the knuckle of your index finger on the lock lever and yank it back.
>>
>>28354832
Flat Palm. Push don't pull.
>wanna know how I know you are a nofuns underage b& fucking retard?
>>
File: 1442024012986.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1442024012986.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
>>28354781
>implying
The ~5" my mag pouches extend with a sapi plate PLUS the ~1" modA44 isn't easy as fuck to snag on.

inb4 you're so strong you'll never have to or will rest your rifle at low ready against your gear. You're a literal mongoloid if you can't admit there is a snag risk.
>>
File: smug1445.jpg (249 KB, 652x717) Image search: [Google]
smug1445.jpg
249 KB, 652x717
>>28354824
I have a tape measure you fucking retard, what more do I need?
>>
>>28350183
You seriously count your rounds? That's a clear indication that you don't actually shoot. Maybe once a year at some bullshit benchrest range.

Hahahah counting rounds. You got to be kidding me
>>
File: 1405128385955.jpg (357 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
1405128385955.jpg
357 KB, 680x750
>>28352308
Fucking lmao

I've done this with my M44

>inb4 autism speaks
>>
>>28354855
You don't actually count them nogunz, it's the muscle memory that results from doing the same thing multiple times. If you always load 28 you'll eventually get to the point where you know the mag is getting low by instinct. And furthermore the window is hardly a proper "tactical" solution, you have to take your eyes off the target and divert your attention. If you had to look at the mag window you'd be just as well served shooting the gun empty.
>>
>>28354841
If you have an enlarged dynamic high-speed gunfighter aftermarket one, maybe. Flat palming a stock charging handle? Nah.

>Push don't pull
Do you understand what "push" and "pull" mean? When your hand moves toward you, you are pulling. Your parents should have taught you this when you were little.

When you operate the charging handle during a malfunction or loading procedure, your muzzle is pointing downrange so the only possible direction that the handle can move is toward you. That is a pulling action.
>>
>>28354908
If your hand moves towards you while charging a rifle you fucked up and deserve to be beaten
>>
>>28348548
a quality charging handle may be overrated, but if you use a shitty one youre gonna have a bad time m'kay?
>>
>>28354920
Real operators point the muzzle at their face and push the charging handle away from them.
>>
>>28349475

Im gonna give /k/ the benefit of the doubt and say all those replies have to be samefagging. There's no way you idiots got trolled this hard...
>>
>>28351537
You can just say "I don't agree with you" and not sound like a fucking pleb

Or like you've lurked here for more than a day
>>
>>28352131
I love mine's too. I also love BBC
also fuck raptor charging handles or ambisexual. Charging an ar with both sides bunny ears style is a waste of effort.
>>
>>28354949
>mattress in the basement
Put your dad's gun back in his closet.
>>
>>28354397
Hmm my right ear rings like crazy. Maybe that's why I don't hear it.

>pro tip use ear pro
>>
File: ccgoq5T.jpg (212 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
ccgoq5T.jpg
212 KB, 1200x900
>5.7
>.357sig
>.25acp
>7mm
>.222
>.224
>.50beowulf
>.416barret

>
>>
>>28350616

I'm so fucking doing this on my next range trip. Thanks for that bro.
>>
>>28354949
>I've only ever used a shotgun, what are AR charging handles?
>>
>>28354974
maybe not that particular anon you responded to, but most people on /k/ treat ear protection as sissy shit and that manly men don't need no hearing protection when shooting guns.
>>
>>28355002
>most people on /k/ treat ear protection as sissy shit
This isn't true. Those who don't wear earpro are usually derided, and there's plenty of cautionary tales about it from those who didn't and now have damaged hearing and tinnitus.
>>
File: image.jpg (925 KB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
925 KB, 4032x3024
>>28354973
>>28354973
>doesn't homestead
>hasn't built his own house before winter
>doesn't live in based Alaska
>doesn't into positive reload
>is this nofuns
Your tears are sweet
>>
>>28355002
Bitch, where? Everybody hear is a safety range queen.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>28354973
>>28354995
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>28354900
at a quikc glance I will know if i have a few rounds left or a whole bunch, thats the fucking point. Its not there to say: "I have exactly 11 rounds remaining in this magazine before it is time to exchange it for another completely full magazine, bazinga!"

also, there are 0 cons to a windowed magazine aside from a very slight reduction in camouflage, so why not have it?
>>
>>28354927
There is no way you are this fucking stupid. Confirmed for shit tier troll
>>
>>28355043
My fucking sides
>>
Am I the only one that charges an AR-15 by using my right index and middle finger?
>>
File: 1447005802084.jpg (298 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1447005802084.jpg
298 KB, 560x560
>>28354920
Have you never fucking held or shot an AR-15 or AK? or any fucking gun at all?

Good fucking lord, day/k/are, it's past your bedtime

>inb4 Neostead 2000
>>
>>28355129
Shoulder your ar. Keep your strong hand on the controls. Stay tucked and tight. Now charge you weapon without punching yourself in your faggot face. Oh wait.....
>never breed

Also see
>>28355043
>>
>>28352436
"I prefer to lose my fingers if my rifle KBs"
The Post

Keep your fingers clear of the magazine well while shooting, especially if you're shooting fast.
>>
>>28353279
It's vegetable oil though, not snek oil.
Neat fact: I slapped some coconut oil on my ar just to see what it did....lubed fine and it smelled faggy. I might go to Walmart a buy tubs of it, change labels and market that shit.
>>
>>28355139
I did just that, and had no problems keeping my AR shouldered, tucked and tight. Didn't punch my face, either, it came up to my face, but I'm not a fucking retard like you who punches them self in the face
>never breed

Nice balls, though
>>
File: 2854477_orig.jpg (134 KB, 864x540) Image search: [Google]
2854477_orig.jpg
134 KB, 864x540
>>28348548
>nice things I can't afford: the thread

Okay, OP.
>>
>>28349700
>thinks that milspec trigger problems can be entirely cured with practice

looks like we found this threads "i'm a poorfag and i hate geiselle" shill.
>>
>>28354322
what's that backup iron? i like it
>>
>>28353229
This just grease the spring
>>
>>28354448
>correct way
>still using your goddamn thumb

Fuck off.
>>
>>28351631
If you've got a magnified optic, even if it's adjustable down to a low power (1.1 or 1.5), it's usually faster to switch to a backup sighting system than to crank down the optic.
3 gun in particular often specifies just one optic on the rifle.

If you're not running a magnified optic, THEN it's retarded
>>
>>28354342
I think the medicinal use of ballistol is a slightly different formula used by Europeans.

It's not a sold in North America as medicine but only as a gun/gear cleaner.
>>
File: 1448353009592.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1448353009592.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>28349475
You are so fucking dumb.
>>
>>28349700

>Accuwedges.

I needed an accuwedge AND O-Rings for my AR-15 to stop the wobble completely.
>>
>>28355043
>>28354949
Why are your balls in every shot?

Is this some super secret home defense technique I should know about? Is it a dindu deterrent?
>>
Good grief this thread. BAD lever, BCM Mod 4, ASAP, and MS3 go on all my guns. Say what you want, but I'm not fucking with my muscle memory because of someone else's half witted opinion.
>>
>>28349475
>CH is weak Guis
>so put all your pulling force on one side when you use it
Kill yourself.
>>
>>28355370
Found the mallninja.
>>
>>28355399

Ha! Sorry to disappoint. Type 7 FFL.
>>
>>28354448
I have been using this method where you pull it from that side and never had any issues.
>>
>>28355169
>I have never seen combat
The post
>>
>>28355206
This x1000
>>
>>28354448
I'll be two pot screamer no dramas as cunning as a dead horse.
>>
God this board is full of retards
>>
What is so fucking hard about doing this?
>>
>>28353340
you're supposed to lube the buffer tube?

uhh... brb.
>>
>>28356125
thats ideal, but a bit dated, its much easier to just use one side. you dont have to move the rifle or your arms/hands as much
>>
>>28356125
try it in a hurry if you have a large scope on your rifle.
>>
>>28356377
>if you have a large scope on your rifle
I don't.
>>
>>28356392
that's the point, it makes sense for some, others don't need it.
>>
>>28353652
Any mechanical advantage of that trigger is negated by the fact that the lower trigger has increased travel

It's a take on the paintball triggers with electric switches, not a mechanical trigger.

A novel idea at best.
>>
>>28349700
Lol check out this poorfag
>>
The fuck is going on in this thread? Do you people know the definition of snakeoil? It doesn't mean
Things that may be unnecessary and I'm too poor to afford" in case you were wondering.
>>
>>28356392
Better to train muscle memory that works with any rifle with any optic than one very dated way that is slower, is not effective with large scopes, and requires the rifle to come off target to charge.
>>
>>28354949
>>28355637
thank yuo for your service
>>
>>28356125
if youve never fired another rifle it probably feels fine. my M1a is much more of a pleasure to charge
>>
>>28356125
>must remove rifle from shoulder
>cannot apply more force than with one side
Other than being outdated and less effective? Nothing really.
>>
>>28354975
African here, .222 is fine.
>>
>>28348548
Only nogunz would say a bcm charging handle is snake oil.
>>
>>28354965
>also fuck raptor charging handles or ambisexual. Charging an ar with both sides bunny ears style is a waste of effort.

You're not supposed to charge it with your fingers on both sides of the handle, dipshit.
>>
>>28356125
What gloves are those?
>>
Anyone else found the Mod 4 to be barely functional when used with a UBR stock?
>>
>>28348548
I'm a poorfag who doesn't have an AR so I wouldn't know. But, aren't AR charging handles by-nature ambidextrous? Like....I thought that was the whole point of putting it where it was.
>>
>>28358547
No, though now I have the gas buster charging handle on my ar. The mod4 worked fine with my ar.
>>
>>28358801
Weird. Stupid thing barely clears the back of the stock for me, I have to charge it with significant force to make it go. Lower is PWS, btw.
>>
>YOU'RE NOT PULLING THIS DOODAD PROPERLY
The autism in here is real
>>
>>28358966
My lower is a mega arms

Maybe ur cheek plate is slightly too thick.
>>
>>28358611
they have a latch that is typically on the left side of the handle
>>
File: 20151222_150646.jpg (4 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20151222_150646.jpg
4 MB, 3984x2988
>>28349700

"I still live at home"

-THE POST
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.