[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you answer your door with a gun? I don't even live in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 560ae9_4259585.jpg (183 KB, 960x696) Image search: [Google]
560ae9_4259585.jpg
183 KB, 960x696
Do you answer your door with a gun? I don't even live in a bad neighbourhood or anything, but I always make sure I have my pistol in my hand when I answer the door just in case.

Is this wrong or justified? I have a fence around my yard and I assume anyone that wants to enter it (beyond my no trespassing signs, dog signs, and the fence itself) could potentially do me harm.
>>
>>28347151
>How to kill your social life 101: /k/ edition
>>
>>28347151
guns r for fags, i always answer the door with a grenade with the pin pulled
>>
>>28347151
No. I live in Finland.
>>
>>28347151
Yes, it keeps my neighbors at bay
>>
No.
this isn't allowed in my country, but i think i wouldn't do it even if it would
>>
>>28347151
>ITT sperglords assume you answer the door barrel first

Yes OP, I always have a gun when I answer the door. If I know the person, it goes back in my IWB holster and hidden before I open the door. If I dont, it stays hidden on the other side of the door (and pointed at them) while I see what they want.
>>
>>28347151
In your hand, really? What if its the package guy and he needs you to sign? Dude hands you the clipboard and... derp.

I have a pocket 380 and wear sweats with pockets when innahouse. Sometimes if its someone unrecognized I'll put it in. Usually the only person who still knocks on doors is the delivery guy and some guys selling shit I don't want so I don't even answer. If you aren't expecting someone and you're paranoid just don't answer, isn't avoidance recommended for safety's sake? Or are you just looking for an excuse to blast someone?
>>
File: neighbor.jpg (81 KB, 560x419) Image search: [Google]
neighbor.jpg
81 KB, 560x419
>>28347193
>answering the door
>>
>>28347151
I don't usually have it in my hand, but rather in my pocket or iwb holster, depending on which.

Basically, is always within armsreach when answering the door.
>>
>>28347193
Well, you live in Finland. To get to your house you would have to hike several miles from the closest other house, wading through 6 feet of snow. In order to have a conversation that's at most ten words long, with a 10% chance its just talking about hard-line Lutheranism or neo-paganism. No fun allowed.
>>
I don't answer the door at all unless I'm expecting someone.
>>
I check my camera and give commands through an intercom.
>>
>>28347302
This, only exceptions n is when people arrive within 15 minutes of when expected them i.e.: doorbell at 6:55 for 7:00 party
>>
>>28347151
Get a security door and have the gun nearby.

I keep a shotgun in the corner by my door, and the security door gives me ample time to grab it if things go south.

Automatically drawing on every knock is a bit over the top and then some though.
>>
>>28347185
Kek
>>
>>28348464
This.
Just put up cages around my cameras today
>>
You could just bolt a holster onto your door.
Hug the door when it rings, pull out the gun from the holster on the door, point it at the person through the door.

If its no one you want to shoot, put gun back on holster, fully open door. Do busniess, close door.

You people think i haven't already mastered the art of "i could kill you right now, but i wont because you seem like a nice guy"
>>
get a door with a little view slot, problem solved
if it's someone who looks dangerous or unwelcome, then you get your gun
or better yet, bolt your door and don't fucking answer
>>
>>28347151
You're a bong, you're not even allowed to sharpen your pencils. This thread is bait, you should be ashamed of yourself for trying to stir shit.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.