[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surgeon General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Why are Surgeon Generals a military position?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj64hC0IKmA

>Along with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Officer Corps, the Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is one of two uniformed services that consist only of commissioned officers and has no enlisted or warrant officer ranks, although warrant officers have been authorized for use within the service.[6] Officers of the PHS are classified as noncombatants, unless directed to serve as part of the armed forces by the President or detailed to a service branch of the armed forces.[
>>
There are literally trillions of microscopic creatures that want to kill you and devour your flesh...

Why don't you take the bacterial threat seriously? What about viruses? The next plague or Spanish Flu could happen and one out of every two people you see would be dead
>>
The branches that you mentioned originally started as military organizations. The NOAA is a continuation of the Navy branch that did oceanographic mapping, and the PHS is a continuation of the medical corps that provided nurses and shit.

It's just a formality at this point.
>>
File: Game_Gary.jpg (41 KB, 447x349) Image search: [Google]
Game_Gary.jpg
41 KB, 447x349
>>28346096
all your post made me think of.
>>
>>28346128
>formality
If its just a formality doesn't that seem like a waste of a flag officer?
>>
>>28346158
>waste of a flag officer
What the fuck else is he going to do? In case you haven't noticed the military hasn't been genuinely needed in quite a few years. That's why all of this PC bullshit is getting thrown into the military, like letting women into combat roles.

The second the US faces a legitimate threat again from a standing conventional army, you're going to see the women kicked out and the officers otherwise dedicated to shit like this pulled into active service. That's how it's always worked.

In peacetime there's nothing to do so people don't mind using officers as glorified accountants, but when the shit hits the fan any and all manpower is utilized.
>>
>>28346096
You can only operate so hard.
>>
>>28346501
Looking at his background, it seems he did operate pretty hard.
>>
>>28346527

Not even for a doctor. He got this position because of his political contributions, not because he's fit for the position. His experience level is the equivalent of putting a Captain in charge of a Corps.
>>
>>28346096
>>28347149
>Vivec
He reached his position by touching the Heart of Lorkhan and becoming a false god.
>>
>>28346096
>Why are Surgeon Generals a military position?

It isn't.

>The seven uniformed services are defined by 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(5):

>The term "uniformed services" means—
>(A) the armed forces;
>(B) the commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and
>(C) the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service.

>The five uniformed services that make up the United States Armed Forces are defined in the previous clause 10 U.S.C. § 101(a)(4):

>The term "armed forces" means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
>>
>>28347271
>So I rolled up into vivecs crib, I put a lock 50 on the main entrance.
>Then with the 300 weak potions of healing I set to right history.
>I must of slang my sword 100 times, then ran out of potions.
>OKAY TIME TO GET TURNT
>Cast every spell I have
>My original xbox starts the one frame per second every frame is my character glowing a different color
>"You want mirrion dollars, fuck you here bomb"
>3 swings of my sword finished him off from half health.
>Walk out and locked the door, so I know no npc would know the fate of that elf eared cunt.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.