[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought a Mossberg 500 for my first gun and am picking it up tomorrow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Mossberg500_zps5bc1b8d2.jpg (125 KB, 1024x604) Image search: [Google]
Mossberg500_zps5bc1b8d2.jpg
125 KB, 1024x604
Bought a Mossberg 500 for my first gun and am picking it up tomorrow when the 10 day waiting period is done..

What's the best cleaning and lube kit I can buy?
>>
Buy the cheap Hoppes one and a BoreSnake.
>>
File: button.png (392 KB, 450x456) Image search: [Google]
button.png
392 KB, 450x456
Shotguns can be a pain, particularly if they're chambered for 3.5" and you fire anything shorter out of them, just the sheer volume of gunk really starts to suck. Thankfully there's no rifling for it to get stuck in.

A boresnake is your best bet, because with a traditional kit you'll just go through a shit ton of swatches and never get it fully clean.
>>
File: image:43861.png (157 KB, 1004x353) Image search: [Google]
image:43861.png
157 KB, 1004x353
>>28342256
Should have gotten a benelli supernova friend
>>
>>28342256
If you want something nicer than the Hoppes, buy a single piece cleaning rod and some copper or brass jags.
>>
>>28342256
>when the 10 day waiting period is done
move to a better state.
>>
>>28342581
fuck off, this shit is getting old

the 10 day wait is most likely going to go away in california

there is more to a state than fun rights
>>
>>28342590
>defending california
leave this board
>>
>>28342592
sorry brotato, i've been here for 6 years. tired of the edgy shit from the gradeschoolers. go to /pol/ to bitch about california. keep this shit gun related.

>>28342413
and do this OP, and bore snakes. it's pretty easy for a shotgun. might want to get some gun oil to lightly spray it with to prevent rust
>>
>>28342590
>the 10 day wait is most likely going to go away in california
yeah, it was deemed unconstitutional over a year ago. yet it's still there.
I've lived here for 23 years. I like the car and motorcycle culture, but that's about it. The gun laws are absolutely bullshit though, and cost of living is fucking retarded. Probably going to move to Montana soon.
>>
>>28342590

the 10 day wait was supposed to go away last year for people who already own a gun
cali being cali said fuck the courts and kept it going
>>
>>28342649
Well, the President is Constitutionally required to present a budget every year, but doesn't. For the first time in our history. For seven years, to the point where nobody even notices any more.

Like I said, keep watching -- for example -- Seattle's sin tax on ammo and guns. It directly contradicts state law. But it's already been upheld once. Wait and see what happens on appeal. My guess is they'll simply keep it in place, no matter what happens.
>>
>>28342727
>implying the president that studied constitutional law would go and do something unconstitutional
>>
>>28342737
You're not being sarcastic or something, are you...?
>>
>>28342773
What keeps you out here? The only thing that is anchoring me is family and career limitations.
>>
File: california-mt-shasta-2.jpg (26 KB, 415x332) Image search: [Google]
california-mt-shasta-2.jpg
26 KB, 415x332
>>28342840
A lifetime of memories and an ailing parent.

That said, I'm prolly going to purchase a chunk of real estate in southern Oregon this next year and build a cabin on it. I want a fallback position.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (47 KB, 615x410) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
47 KB, 615x410
>>28342592
all the faggots shitting on /k brothers in shit states

>while they themselves promote a cowards retreat.

much respect to k/ommandos behind enemy lines.
>>
>>28342256
>10 day wait period

KUCK
U
C
K
>>
>>28342592
I know /k/ isn't a single person but,

>stay in CA
>"LOL, move faggot"
>"why are you defending such shit state?"

>want to move out of CA
>"Fuck outta here, no one wants CA scum here, we're full."
>"what a bitch, you weak CA faggots can't even stay and fight"

>kill self with gun
>"FUCK YOU, stop ruining it for all of us and becoming a statistic for liberal cucks!!"
>>
>>28342858
I'm down in SD and flip between OR and AZ as options. AZ makes mre sense with the 100 family members who would bitch either way.
>>
>>28342899
so just kill yourself with something other than a gun
>>
>>28342925
nah, at this point, I'd rather just with a gun out of spite. Maybe use an AR so media can play it up as another salt rifle death.
>>
>>28342948
if you really want to fuck california over more, take an ar15 you bought legally, use california legal shit (bullet button, 10 round clipazine), go to a county where ccw permits are easy to get, make sure it's not a gun free zone, and start shooting people. make sure to wear /k/ badges.
gun grabbers will go nuts about how we don't have enough regulation.
>>
>>28342590
>this shit is getting old
crymorefaggot.png
>>
>>28342256
>10 day waiting period

Just use the same lube that California used on your ass, they did at least lube up, right?
>>
>>28342581
>not posting statefarm logo
>not telling OP to "get" to a better state.

It doesnt have to be a humor thread to be cheeki breeki
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.