[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of the NRA? How has the organization changed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: nra-logo.png (211 KB, 596x594) Image search: [Google]
nra-logo.png
211 KB, 596x594
What does /k/ think of the NRA? How has the organization changed over the years? Why did they support both the NFA and the GCA, and how does that differ from their current mission?

Even as someone who believes all gun control laws are unconstitutional, I find that many members of the NRA are quick to politicize anything firearm related.

Are there any policies they hold now which are detrimental to firearm owners? Share thoughts, stories, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 540x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 540x300
>>28342225
I like the band, but I hate the fans
>>
They're primarily a lobbying group for American gun manufacturers, rather than the ACLU of firearm owners.

I appreciate that they get down and dirty on my behalf, but they don't really care as long as the money keeps flowing.
>>
>>28342225
They're alright. But since they are the biggest it's only logical for all gun enthusiasts to at least support the ILA.
>>
>>28342383
Horseshit. 80% of their revenues come from membership fees. Stop buying the libtard agitprop at face value.
>>
>>28342453
>shilling this hard when they ignore 5.45 import ban among other fucker

Keep going
>>
>Supported the NFA in 1934
>Supported the GCA in 1968
>Supported the FOPA in 1986

Literally all the most broad, arbitrary, and draconian of all firearms laws in the country, all passed with the support of the NRA. The pie gets progressively smaller, and yet only in the last ~25 years has the NRA actually worked more positively as an activist force. Moreover, half the members I ask about this are completely unaware of the NRA's prior legislation support. They probably glaze over the whole "policy objective" section because they only need your shekels.
>>
>>28342563
Plus the NRA has a hugely racist history.
>>
>>28342574
Wow....You're a fucking retard....
>>
>>28342574

Reddit GrC infiltrators confirmed.
>>
File: Goku_(PeePee).png (43 KB, 231x211) Image search: [Google]
Goku_(PeePee).png
43 KB, 231x211
>>28342574
ayy lmao
>>
http://appleseedinfo.org/

Are these guys serious or just fringe hipsters?
>>
They are a great institution that has not caved in to anti christian pressure, even though im not religious myself, i appreciate the fact they defend their position even though its unpopular
>>
>>28342225

Their primary interest is gun sales, they can go fuck themselves
>>
>>28344424
This troll is not very creative, create a better one
>>
>>28342607
What's that?
>>
>>28344402

Just wondering, how do I tell if my guns are Christian so I know if I should join the NRA?

I never see them going to church, and when I asked my guns what religion they prefer they didn't say anything.
>>
>>28344821
Depends on what guns they are.

Classic American firearms like Remingtons, Winchesters, Rugers are Protestant

AR15s are confused agnostic non-churchgoing Christians

Berettas, Chiappas are pope dick sucking Catholics

HK, Mausers, Lugers are Odalist

Slavshit are godless communists

Taurus are idol worshipping jungle savages
>>
>>28342574
That's why you should vote democrat son, they would never not want the black man to advance, right?
>>
>>28344821
You are missing the point.

Nor very funny either
>>
>>28344936
What about Swissshit?
>>
>>28345098
Swisshit are mountain spirits

They are the objects of worship, not the worshippers
>>
>>28345025
I don't think I'm missing the point at all.

The point is, what exactly does Christianity have to do with my firearms?
>>
Not something I'd go for in terms of membership. Their track record is shitty and although they do some lobbying on gun owners' behalf, they can make gun owners look incredibly fucking retarded.

Also, I was writing a paper about interest/lobby groups and they couldn't answer the single question I had. So I guess I'm biased in calling the organization fucking retarded.
>>
>>28342574
>not knowing the very first gun control laws were to stop niggers from owning guns
Kek
>>
>>28342225
They don't do nearly enough.
>>
>>28342225

If it weren't for groups like the NRA, America would have been gun-free decades ago.

However, some of the shit they say I cannot bring myself to agree with which is why I don't join or support the NRA.
>>
>>28342225
NRA are massive idiots who've only helped to polarize the debate and set back laws for decades in some places because they couldn't keep their tongues from flapping in the wind.
>>
>>28342443
Agreed.
They're slowly changing from a fudd "muh due rifle" organization to a true gun rights organization, as the face of the gun rights movement shifts. I'm a member, but I donate more money to SAF and other organizations more inline with my "extreme" beliefs.
The NRA is the only gun rights group that pisses off liberals on a grand scale, however.
>>
Their recent judicial history is commendable, but they are fear mongering assholes. They also pretty much left California and other states to the dust, and while them coming back to those states is welcome, it is still far too little, FAR too late.

I never was a fan of realpolitick, and the NRA doesn't get a pass just because a part of their organization is actively defending my gun rights.
>>
So, besides the NRA, what are some other organizations someone could throw money at to fight the good fight?
>>
>>28342563
I think there was a mutiny about 25 years back that a bunch of the older members are still a bit sore over. Basically new members came in, voted out the leadership that had been handing off gun rights for decades, and said enough is enough, and so we have the modern NRA.

Think of it like the Democrats going from hating minorities to wanting to be their party.
>>
File: 1445384158366.jpg (89 KB, 542x542) Image search: [Google]
1445384158366.jpg
89 KB, 542x542
>>28345131
>they are the objects of worship
Agreed.
>>
>>28342574
So what's the problem
>>
I explain this every time this thread comes up as a longtime NRA member.

They are like an abusive spouse, you don't really like the situation (catering to fudds, preferring backdoor lobbying to a legislative battle, etc) but you don't have anywhere else to go.

GOA? JPFO? Pro-Tell? all flies on the NRA's ass.

I wish every single /K/omrade would get an NRA membership and when those stupid Board of Directors ballots come up, we write in one of our own.
>>
I got a neat folding knife from them for renewing my membership.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.