[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got done cleaning and lubing my AR with pic related. Seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: lube.jpg (23 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
lube.jpg
23 KB, 450x450
Just got done cleaning and lubing my AR with pic related. Seems to be working better than the froglube I was using earlier (inb4 typical ARfag). What else does /k/ use to keep their guns clean and running?
>>
>>28341141
Cum and liberal tears
>>
>>28341141
bearing grease and 10w30
>>
cum & liberal tears
>>
>>28341141
Kerosene to clean
Motor oil on rotating parts
lithium grease on sliding parts

this combination should work for anything the average kommando will get his hands on. If anyone tells you differently they're either shilling or trying to justify their purchases
>>
>>28341141
Hoppe's gun oil. Old school is best school.
>>
>>28341141

I use pic related on muh Kalashnikov's bolt carrier, slide rails and hammer. Works well enough. Considering switching to a light-weight motor oil for the winter.
>>
>>28341623
>>28341672

>Motor oil on an AR

... an AK is one thing.. it pretty much requires heavier lubricants.. but fuck using engine oil in something as tight as an AR.

You're both fucking idiots. Too thick and viscous with too little capillary action that a precision machine like the AR needs.
>>
Fireclean. Works fine and I bought it long ago. Internet has already forgotten, as the internet is prone to do.
>>
>>28341775
>precision machine

not subtle enough. it would've been perfect without that
>>
>>28341141
wd40
>>
>>28341799
fireclean.......

ho ho ho
some of us haven't forgotten the thermalscopic tests done

so basically vegetable oil.
>>
>>28341921
>not subtle enough

What?

I'm being serious here. I think people using motor oil to lube up AR's are retarded.
>>
CLP
Im a biased muhreen though. I use clp on all of my guns. Its does everything I need it to. Clean, lubricate, protect. Its right in the name. Its relatively cheap.

>>28341799
>>28341961
Has anyone here tried using crisco. Im considering it
>>
>>28341967
>I think people using motor oil to lube up AR's are retarded.

well yeah, using motor oil is a bit retarded. But grease tends to "stay where you put it".

I googled around and landed on this, worth a look
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_32/413935_.html
>>
>>28341998
This guy did
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?176065-My-2000-round-Fireclean-vs-Canola-Oil-test

>>28341961
Most people have moved on or forgotten. It's basically Cecil the lion or insert any flavor of the week outrage here. If the only reason you remembered Fireclean was because of my post you don't care either.
>>
>>28341967
I thought I very clearly stated that motor oil was for rotating parts. Considering that an AR is pretty lacking in the rotational department, grease should be used instead

Try actually reading the whole post before you reply instead of sperging out at the first trigger word
>>
>>28342253
>This guy did
>http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?176065-My-2000-round-Fireclean-vs-Canola-Oil-test

Interesting. so tl;dr
They're not exactly the same. crisco still works fine if there's nothing else, or if you're a cheap bastard.

I'll stick to my clp. 1 oil for all uses.
>>
lithium grease on everything.
>>
>>28341935
ditto
>>
>>28342406
The main benefit of Fireclean, as its name might suggest, is the ease of cleaning and which that guy touches upon. Canola oil was widespread used as a weapons lubricant made decades ago so it's not exactly surprising that you can still use it now for the same purpose.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.