[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wut VEPR to buy?!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: Image.jpg (74 KB, 920x503) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
74 KB, 920x503
I've overly invested in 7.62.54R, I admit. I have a PU sniper, and an M39.

I'm looking for a more modern gun that uses the same round, and VEPR is what comes up. But there seem to be a lot of options out there.

Atlantic has this, with the Rosewood furniture, Classic has that, and it's cheaper, but probably the same thing just not gilded.

If /k/ was going to buy a modern 7.62x54R rifle, what would it be?!?

I'll end up buying the best suggestion posted. And start a thread showing the unboxing.
>>
Don't bother with 54r. Go .308 or go home.
>>
>>28339544
I already have a PTR91 and a NM M1-A. This is about a different cartridge I like. But thanks for bumping the thread.
>>
I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat if it didn't take special snowflake single-stack mags. If they made a .308 model that took G3 mags it'd be perfect.
>>
>>
>>28339568
The factory mags are also all polymer. They dont even have steel feed lips.
>>
I just want /k/'s opinion on the best VEPR options out there.

Something is going to get bought. What get?!?
>>
>>28339658
>I WANT A VEPR
>so get a Vepr
>NO WHICH ONE IS BEST
I don't think you understand.
>>
>>28339513
What is this beautiful beast?
>>
>>28339760
Vepr super in 308
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>>28339513
Dude, if you want a 54r vepr, get it. It's an angry rifle that whips brass, but it's awesome. I love mine to death. I love Veprs in general, but if you want it, get it. You won't be disappointed.
>>
>>28339513
>If /k/ was going to buy a modern 7.62x54R rifle, what would it be?!?
You are basically stuck between a PSL, or a vepr with a few different barrel length options.

One's a more expensive(wouldn't have been some years ago) military rifle with double stack 10rd mags and more cool factor as it's not a sporter rifle. It's a wasr at heart, so don't expect perfection with the finish. You'll also be limited to 150gr or lighter ammo, not that I've been impressed with heavy ball I've used through other guns. I have no complaints on mine in any way, accuracy is definitely right up there, but it's picky about what surplus nationalities I use to get that(russian is best), and the brake really makes it pleasant to shoot.
The other is a sporter rifle that has 5rd single stacks or looong 10rd single stack mags. The build quality & paint job are pretty much guaranteed to be very good judging by the couple veprs I own, better than any other aks I have. But it's still a sporter rifle and it's not going to fill that military rifle niche, a big or small deal depending how much you care. Vepr12s and vepr-1v rpks rifles are the only ones I know of imported in a military like configuration.
>>
File: image.jpg (257 KB, 1000x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
257 KB, 1000x540
SOON...very soon
>>
Semi related , wouldn't be sacrilege to put a PEM scope on an M39 to basically make a repro m39 SOV ?
>>
page 10 not again !
>>
The .308 is the only Vepr in a full size cartridge worth owning just because of mags. The single stack 54r will always be shit unless you live in a ban state and it's all you can own. I think i remember seeing a post on vepr.org about a revamped 54r coming out that took double stack mag but its most likely vaporware.
>>
I don't understand this thread

you know you want a VEPR and you know you mean a rifle in 54r. so you know what you're getting. why bother asking which type of VEPR is best if you already know which kind you want?
>>
File: 1.jpg (11 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
11 KB, 320x240
Not overly impressed with the 308 Super. Beautiful gun but a bit wonky. Accurate as you'd expect, really tight chamber though.

Only downside is the muzzle brake is actually aimed back at the user so you get a face full of wind every shot. No clue what possessed them to do it.

Also, there is only one proprietary rail available, and it's a quick release, but the quick release lever will not clear the bulb on the optic. So you need to take the optic off the rail and then the rail off the gun to clean it.
>>
>>28342715
are they ban state friendly? been looking for a semi-auto with a full powered cartridge
>>
>>28342715
What kind of mags do you use? I heard you have to modify the CSSpecs steel mags to work in a Super.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.