[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody have any experience with the Al Mar Falcon Ultralight?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: img-al-mar-hawk-ultralight-03.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
img-al-mar-hawk-ultralight-03.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
Anybody have any experience with the Al Mar Falcon Ultralight? Just the sight of it makes my peepee tingle.
>bonus dakka for identifying the spyderco upon which the falcon is mounted
>>
op here my bad, Al Mar hawk ultralight
>just look at the way it dominates that sypyderco. You can tell that the spydie is reluctant to surrender its spyder hole but the hawk is having none of that shit. The hawk knows exactly what it wants from the spyderco and it won't give up until it gets it.
>>
They're both very nice looking knives.
>>
>>28336232
I have been edc'ing an Al Mar Eagle Ultralight for the past 6 months and I love it

And the Spyderco looks like a Leafstorm with a black handle
>>
>>28336249
>>28336358
Are they easy enough to open with 1 hand? The thumb stud doesn't look that amazing
>>
>>28338165
They are really easy after the first week or so
>>
>>28336232
>AUS-8 steel

I'll pass
>>
>>28336232

Spyderco leafstorm
>>
>>28338769
Like your knives to be hard as shit to sharpen?
AUS 8 isn't as fancy as some newer crucible steels but the heat treat and temper define the knife way more than the minute differences in modern stainless steels. Al Mar fit and finish are also top fucking notch.
>>
>>28341129
>the Al Mar Falcon Ultralight
well i would rather not pay 120 dollars for shit steel.
>>
>>28341514
AUS8 is just fine, it does everything well. However, it's not an expensive steel, and if I'm paying over $60 for a knife I'd like a more advanced steel as well.
>>
>>28338769
>steel elitists
How many of you actually use your EDC for anything that even humble AUS 8 or it's peers can't handle?
>>
Al Mar's fit and finish is hnnng tier. I'd say go for it if you're on the edge.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.