[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ what has been your worst nightmare dealing with firearms?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: HK4.jpg (766 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
HK4.jpg
766 KB, 2448x3264
/k/ what has been your worst nightmare dealing with firearms? What gun has caused you the most strife? Weather it was shitty to begin with or just broke out of the blue, lets hear your stories.
>>
>>28335181
None really.
The worst thing I've ever had happen firearms wise was setting off two rounds at once in a Mosin due to a double feed.
>>
>>28335181
Glock 19 gen 4. Worked fine for about 800-1k rounds then it started pooping rounds out on my hand. Couple hundred rounds later and it was FTE all the time. Sent to Glock 3 times to fix it and it came back the same every time. I sold the piece of shit for an HK uspc.
>>
File: 20150731_001414.jpg (4 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150731_001414.jpg
4 MB, 4128x2322
>>28335207

What caliber? I carry one in .45
>>
File: 1447613565878.jpg (2 MB, 2582x1937) Image search: [Google]
1447613565878.jpg
2 MB, 2582x1937
>>28335231
9mm but I have the 45 on my list, tactical and compact
>>
>>28335181
I had a dream that my mom grounded me and took all of my guns away, but thats about as bad is it has ever been
>>
>>28335242
>9mm compact
My nigga, ill take you out for kebab sometime
>>
>Bersa Thunder .380
>several ftf & fte, things of that nature during break in period
>300 rd break in
>301
>pull trigger
>click*CLANK*whzzzz click*BOOM*
>trigger suffers a catastrophic failure mid pull in which the grip has warped and caused the transfer bar to slip out of the trigger assembly, a spring from the trigger group flies out, and the hammer was cocked far enough that it falls with enough force to fire the cambered round
>call eagle imports customer service and given a run around of "wrong ammo" (was using standard blazer ball), and even told that they wouldn't look at the gun (less than 2 weeks new from the shop and under full warranty)
My resolution was to have a local smith fix the gun for a few dollars and consign it to sell at his shop. Fuck Bersa and Fuck Eagle Imports. Dont by shitty cheap guns
>>
>>28335181
Feeding them all.

Fuck me it's expensive. Especially when you want to attend weekly competitions and git gud.
>>
>>28335181

Most strife? A Smith and Wesson Model 41 I got from Clark Custom Guns.

It came fitted with one of those "no top strap" barrels that is supposed to keep the brass from getting trapped. Problem! My gun league is irons only. So I had them put a rib on top.

This defeats the purpose of the no-top-strap barrel. As a result, I can't fire a full string through it without catching a piece of brass, no matter what I do to it. Not blaming this on Clark since my requirements circumvent their solution to the trapped brass problem.
>>
>>28335203
Eugh, double feed? Still got all your fingers?
>>
>>28335356
But 41s have iron sights as stock, wtf?
>>
Nightmares:
>The 100 lb trigger dreams
>the moding the gun before you even shoot it , and then you think you may have broke it.

Gun that given me the most shit:
>legacy arms puma.
Complete peice of shit plinker
>berretta m9a1
Broke all the time. locking block broke twice, using regular pressure ammo.
>>
>>28335273
Yum. I have a shield and I carry that sometimes but I can't put the USP down. It doesn't have the most ergonomic grip but it points very naturally
>>
>>28335181
Not knowing that I needed to put the safety lever vertical on my k98 when I disassembled it...
>>
Bought a Ruger 556 as my first AR.
Within 400 rounds the chamber warped. Fucking sucked. Ruger was awesome about replacing the barrel assembly for free but dealing with stupid gun Smiths and weapons dealers who have no clue what they're talking about was annoying
>>
>>28336176
get the pachamyr tactical glove for it. seriously it's the comfiest fucking grip ever no question
>>
>>28335181
My M38 Carcano.

I've used hot water with soap to flush the bore, foaming bore cleaner, CLP, hoppes, everything I could to clean the bore and slathered the fucking thing with various types of gun oil and the damn bore keeps rusting.

I do the same hot soapy water flushing for all my other surplus guns and haven't had a problem, yet this fucking Carcano seems to be cursed.
>>
Fucking Rossi 94.
Took me 4 days to get it back together.
I've vowed to never disassemble it again.
>>
>>28339890
Sorry, rossi 92.
>>
>>28339890
I know your pain. I have a Rossi 92 and goddamn it took me forever to put back together.
>>
File: Disassembled.jpg (81 KB, 1024x686) Image search: [Google]
Disassembled.jpg
81 KB, 1024x686
I had to disassemble, clean, and reassemble my nephew's Daisy BB gun after he left it out in a Texas sand storm. Shit was more complex than my Mossberg semi-auto.
>>
>>28335207
>gen 4

That's where you fucked up. I have a gen 3 19 that has 5000+ rounds through it without a single failure outside a defective round. The brass case was distorted at the neck and got jammed half way into the chamber, only took maybe 5 seconds to clear it though.
>>
>>28335380
Yep, luckily.
>>
Building an AR was hell for me the first time. It's like every little part that isn't kept in a container disappears to another dimension.Thank God for Casemate.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.