[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wife bought a a shitload of land for christmas. how should I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: christmas.png (4 MB, 3024x732) Image search: [Google]
christmas.png
4 MB, 3024x732
wife bought a a shitload of land for christmas. how should I build a comfy shooting range?
>>
Looks nice. What state, sempai?
>>
>>28333888
kansas.

thinking of using the hill somehow. either shooting down the hill into a berm or shooting into the hill from the side. i dunno. spent all day yesterday riding around looking for good places to pew pew
>>
>>28333873
Build a nice big berm at somewhere and you'll be good.
>>
>>28333913
If the hill is a decent side, I'd rent a backhoe and try to level out a nice lane up to it and use the extra dirt to build it up as a larger berm.
>>
File: layout.jpg (39 KB, 384x386) Image search: [Google]
layout.jpg
39 KB, 384x386
Used tires are still free at a lot of places. Get your rammed earth on.
Backhoe rental, build trench works kill house course.
>>
>>28333913
>Kansas
How nice is the landscape once you really get out west, far away from the eastern quarter where nearly all the money and people are? I grew up in Johnson county, and I've been meaning to actually see the endless flatness of Kansas without god awful stripmauls and suburban housing over it.
>>
With that much land is a berm even necessary? How close are your neighbours?
>>
which areas in the pic are your property? valley in the left? hills to the middle right? far right?

I'd setup an area for long range ( up to 1500 yd) and an area for sub-100yd shooting. Clear out the grass surrounding the steel targets; they do spark.
>>
>>28335459

i find the prairie beautiful. both natural tallgrass (where its left) and even the farmland. im about 30 miles west of manhattan.

>>28335490
roughly 2500 acers. sadly the hill i am standing is pretty close to one of my neighbors sheds. its not terrible close, but its close enough that id be worried about if something went over the hill, might cause problems

>>28335530
i will be going out later today to get some more photos. im defiantly gonna do a long range and shorter range setup.

burning will be an issue. the previous owner burned every few years and i will probably do the same to keep the vegetation as natural as possible.
>>
What'd you pay per acre if you don't mind me asking?
>>
shovel
gravel pit
go
>>
>>28335377
That dude's /k/id brother from the unnaground thread would be in heaven.
>>
>>28333913
I thought that looked like Kansas. Can I come shoot too?
>>
>>28335838
So would a growing number of your standard /k/ommandos.

What's the average temps in that part of the Union? Looks much nicer than hot as balls Houston.
>>
>>28333913
More pics and how much per acre?
>>
>>28335735
2500 ACRES HOLY FUCK

how much did that cost?!
>>
>>28335735
>roughly 2500 acres
Wtf man, that would cost millions of dollars in my country. Is land really so cheap in the USA?
>>
>>28338252
yes, it's also not usable. likely no water, roads, mineral rights, development rights, access to land.

land is really worthless without these things
>>
>>28338252
Depends on area and other stuff like this anon mentioned >>28338290
But yeah, we have tons of land just sitting around here in the US. You just need to go to a state with low population density and try to buy up as much as you can. Will still cost you a good bit of cash but it will be cheaper than trying to buy the same amount of land in a more populous area of the US.
>>
>>28338444
Tons of land that are mostly useless for anything but grazing, to be honest. It's not like Utah with the land just needing a lot of work, there is nothing to work.
>>
>>28338642
Thats why the best solution is trench works. >>28335377
A hole isn't a structure but a trench system is a world unto itself. High berm in "no mans land" for long shots from "HQ" (ground level shooting shack). Popup targets with pointy hats please.

A hogans alley like kill house running through the trenches. Somewhere a long straight trench with a pistol gallery at the end.

Shotgun trench in the front line, clay throwers modified to throw paper pulp "grenades" at you in the trench so you have to shoot them down disabling them. This new sport is much more /k/ that skeet/trap.

Rent a bobcat, a ditchwitch and get some Mexicans for a day. Ive seen some awesome outlaw dirt tracks put up this way. Easier if its your property.
>>
File: just.jpg (19 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
just.jpg
19 KB, 217x320
>>28337836
>>28338252
I don't see how either
Everything I see that is horrible is even $1k min per acre, $500 at best
Land that even gets moderate land / water and is near the most rural of roads is usually $4k or more per acre
Cheapest land I see in my state is like $8.5k per acre

>That's ok...as we are absolute dogshit on gun rights throughout the state...way worse than NY (NY at least has rural counties...)
>>
>>28339920
Delaware or NJ?
>>
>>28333873
Man i'd fucking love to live out there.

>You'll never get out of your current living arrangements.

Never ask a bank to drop $23000 on a car for you.
>>
>>28339952
NJ

>If Texas was as densely populated as NJ. It would hold just slightly over the current population of the United States...
>>
>>28340043
NJ has rural counties to the south though you are right about the shit gun laws. Glad as fuck I moved out, that place is unsalvageable in a lot of other thing with gun laws being a symptom.
>>
>>28340308
>NJ has rural counties to the south
They are building more and more housing developments down south now. Everyone from North Jersey fleeing down here and then voting shit up for the schools and other horrible laws while little Aiden or Josey go to school, then bitching or fleeing due to taxes after they graduate.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.