[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Grandpa got swindled?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 9kVZIYJ.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
9kVZIYJ.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
So for Christmas my Grandpa (Grandma's husband, not blood) gave out a bunch of these Henry .22's to the men in the family. It was a gun or money, and even though I'm poor...I took the gun.

So no big deal, except he kept talking about how they're "100 year old guns", and "collector items". All the idiots on his side of the family just bought into it, and were talking about how they didn't know if they even wanted to shoot it cause its so valuable.

Now, I didn't say anything because dude is half senile, and I didn't want to shatter his reality, but where the hell did he even get the idea they were so valuable? It says right on the box Condition: New.
He got ten of the things, all NIB at a local outdoors store, and I'm wondering if they didn't feed him a line of bullshit to sell some guns.

Should I have said something? I almost feel bad, but they've got plenty of money to waste on dumb decisions. In any case I got a free Henry, and decided to give it to my 5yo for his first gun.
>>
>>28332497
He's probably trying to swindle you guys into thinking he paid big bucks for them cause he wants you to think he's a great grandpa and shit, if they did rip him off i dont think it was for thousands or even hundreds or he wouldn't have bought so many
>>
>>28332497
they meant the design goes back 100 years, which it does, and probably obscured the truth when he misconstrued what they meant. but damn, 10 of them? a good $2000-3000 right there. Personally I wouldn't rain on his parade. He probably thinks he did everyone a solid and it's still a nice gift at the end of the day.
>>
>>28332497
>Should I have said something?

Nah, maybe they told him the design was over 100 years old and he just messed it up.

>All the idiots on his side of the family just bought into it, and were talking about how they didn't know if they even wanted to shoot it cause its so valuable.

I would tell these chucklefucks that they're not collectors items. Make sure to let them know they're illiterate as well.
>>
>>28332497
i agree with you that they arent collectors items, but thats still a damn awesome gift
>>
>>28332519
Basically my thoughts, and why I didn't say anything. Hell, Henry Repeating Arms isn't even 100 years old. Must have been miscommunication, because the store is fairly legit, with good workers.
>>
>>28332497
He's probably referring to the fact that Henry has been making guns since the civil war. Thus: "~100 year old gun"
As far as a collector item, there is probably little chance that it will grow in value, but as you suggest, it'll make a nice heirloom.

Perhaps your half-senile grandpa's ability to express complete ideas is not absent, rather merely deteriorated?
>>
>>28332530
This OP. No need to say anything unless they ask. Just ice some pheasants with it or something...
>>
300 each = 3k nice christmas gift ai also gave 1 my grand daughter has a ball with it.
>>
>>28332519

This.

It's still a fine gift, and a time proven design.
>>
>>28332497

This rifle is a german designed ERMA rifle, which Henry bought after they went bankrupt. Every single part of this rifle is made on an original german workbench. This rifle is the best and most precise .22 underlever you can get worldwide, so be happy with your very unique and great gun.
>>
>>28332497
>giving a gun to your five year old
What the fuck kind of retard are you. Everyone knows five year olds prefer swords.
>>
>>28333667
>not buying your grandchildren an 88 to crew
It's like you don't want your family to harvest government armored vehicles as a means of income in the coming apocalypse/revolution.
Shiggy diggy doo
>>
Henry's .22 and Big Boy rifles aren't the same design as the original Henry rifle from the 1860s. The company does make a rifle based on the original design now, but those cost 2000 dollars the last time I check.
>>
ungrateful millennial turd: the thread
>>
>>28334551
This has been a daily deal for the last week.
At a certain point you just stop swimming against the tide, and trole.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.